Carnival Has Stepped Up To The Plate

Carnival has just released their willingness to work with those who are nervous about sailing right now.  They are allowing changing your cruise, cancelling or getting a $200 OBC if you keep your sailing.

About time for Royal to step up too!!!  

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Carnival has just released their willingness to work with those who are nervous about sailing right now.  They are allowing changing your cruise, cancelling or getting a $200 OBC if you keep your sailing.

you assume companies care about the health and well being of their customers. they don’t. 

don’t cry for the airlines who will lose billions, when they’ve added so many additional fees over the years. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

With 2 Princess ships quarantined and deaths related to the coronavirus I would say that they are late to the party. This should have happened before the Grand Princess incident. All of the CCL group should be on the same page with a temporary cancelation policy. 

2 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Royal Caribbean Group adopts "Cruise With Confidence" policy, allowing cancellations up to 48 hours before sailing

The "Cruise With Confidence" policy allows guests on Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara and Silversea to cancel up to 48 hours before a sailing. Guests will receive a full credit for their fare, usable on any future sailing of the guest's choice in 2020 or 2021. The policy applies to both new and existing cruise bookings.

"Our previous policy set earlier deadlines for guests to cancel their cruises, and that added unnecessary stress," said Richard Fain, the company's chairman and CEO. "Trying to guess a month or more in advance where areas of concern about coronavirus might be is challenging for medical experts, much less a family preparing for vacation.

"When circumstances are as fast-changing as they have been recently, it's good to know you have the option to take a rain check," Fain said. "We think putting more control in our guests' hands helps them make informed decisions about whether to keep their existing vacation plans or trade out for a more convenient time or itinerary."  

In addition to easing concerns for booked guests, Fain said the policy would also give consumers more confidence in making new bookings, knowing that they could later adjust their plans without penalty.

The policy applies to all cruises with a sailing date on or before July 31, 2020, and will be offered by the company's global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara and Silversea. Full details of the "Cruise with Confidence" policy can be found at the respective brand websites.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL) is a global cruise vacation company that controls and operates four global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara and Silversea Cruises. We are also a 50% joint venture owner of the German brand TUI Cruises and a 49% shareholder in the Spanish brand Pullmantur Cruceros. Together these brands operate a combined total of 61 ships with an additional 17 on order as of December 31, 2019. They operate diverse itineraries around the world that call on all seven continents. Additional information can be found on www.royalcaribbean.com, www.celebritycruises.com, www.azamara.com, www.silversea.com, www.tuicruises.com, www.pullmantur.es, or www.rclinvestor.com.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ineedthiscruise said:

GTO-girl, how did you find out about that? I'm going on Horizon from Miami on 3/29 and I cant get anyone from Carnival to get back to me about my options.

It's posted under the Carnival forum, on a separate cruise news site and also FB.  Not every one has gotten their emails as announcement came out this morning.  Apparently there's been a 1+ hour wait on phone for most travelers.  We are booked on April 25th sailing into Carnival and waiting on email.  If (fingers crossed when) we receive I'll let you know to confirm story. 

• Like 1

I believe the offer from Carnival might be for cruises 6 days or longer, we don't cruise with them but my brother does.  So I'm only getting this second hand if it helps.

1 minute ago, T-2 said:

I believe the offer from Carnival might be for cruises 6 days or longer, we don't cruise with them but my brother does.  So I'm only getting this second hand if it helps.

all length of cruises.

n light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation, also known as coronavirus, we’re making some temporary changes to our cancellation policy for cruises departing up to May 31, 2020. In addition, we are amending our final payment policy on cruises sailing June 1 through June 30, 2020. We hope these changes will help give your clients peace of mind around final payment decisions and applicable cancellation fees.

Please find below the applicable departure dates and changes to our standard policies:

Date of Departure* Benefit
Apr 3 or earlier Cancel up to 72 hours before sailing to receive Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 100% of cancellation fees
Apr 4 – May 31 Cancel by Mar 31 and receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 100% of cancellation fees
Jun 1 – Jun 30 Final payment moves to 60 days prior to sailing

*Date of departure is from the start date of your cruise or cruisetour, whichever is earlier.

3 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

I don't quite get the $200 OBC option. Some how that makes someone's concern about cruising suddenly not quite so concerning?

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't don't quite get the $200 OBC option. Some how that makes someone's concern about cruising suddenly not quite so concerning?

Exactly.  Anyone with serious concerns about travelling is not going to be swayed by $200.  They would just be giving away free money to those who were going to cruise anyway.

• Like 6

To OurUsualBeach- when i mentioned the 6 nights or longer, I had heard the Carnival $200 OBC offer was for cruises not canceled that were of that length any cabin category, I hadn't meant rebooking offers.  I didn't know their policy on that, sorry for the confusion.  That was the original topic.  Nice to see all the updates and loyalty to Royal. But if I got it wrong I hope someone will post updated corrections.

4 minutes ago, T-2 said:

To OurUsualBeach- when i mentioned the 6 nights or longer, I had heard the Carnival $200 OBC offer was for cruises not canceled that were of that length any cabin category, I hadn't meant rebooking offers.  I didn't know their policy on that, sorry for the confusion.  That was the original topic.  Nice to see all the updates and loyalty to Royal. But if I got it wrong I hope someone will post updated corrections.

Gotcha, yes the $200 is for 6 night or longer cruises

• $100/$150 AUD per cabin for 3 and 4 day cruises
  • $150/$225 AUD per cabin for 5 day cruises
  • $200/$300 AUD per cabin for 6 day and longer cruises

3 hours ago, jknc said:

you assume companies care about the health and well being of their customers. they don’t. 

don’t cry for the airlines who will lose billions, when they’ve added so many additional fees over the years. 

The airlines are the ones to jack up prices when fuel goes up. But it never goes down.

4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

With 2 Princess ships quarantined and deaths related to the coronavirus I would say that they are late to the party. This should have happened before the Grand Princess incident. All of the CCL group should be on the same page with a temporary cancelation policy. 

You know when I first heard about this it sounded like someone died from the virus on the ship, then our local 9 pm news clarified it was from a previous cruise, not this one, then I hear they didnt die on the ship, it was after they got home.

The news is hyping stuff for political reasons and people are buying into it way too much.

And it makes no sense to me that this ship cant dock because of someone on a previous cruise, but calif wants open borders, anyone can come over the borders they say. Seems like politics and scare tactics, but I'll wait for test results.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You know when I first heard about this it sounded like someone died from the virus on the ship, then our local 9 pm news clarified it was from a previous cruise, not this one, then I hear they didnt die on the ship, it was after they got home.

The news is hyping stuff for political reasons and people are buying into it way too much.

It doesn't matter where they died, it's the fact that they died. News people get things wrong all the time. It doesn't mean it has anything to do with politics. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

It doesn't matter where they died, it's the fact that they died. News people get things wrong all the time. It doesn't mean it has anything to do with politics. :classic_rolleyes:

Well we are both entitled to our opinions about if the press is over hyping this or if they have political reasons for wanting things to look bad. 

Personally the press seems biased to me, we can agree to disagree and if this is over hyped. 

I cant wait to cruise. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The news is hyping stuff for political reasons and people are buying into it way too much

Maybe the news channel you follow reported such or perhaps you just did not listen or read the story fully but the news reports I read clearly stated the passenger was from the previous cruise. I do agree that news has political bias akin to state controlled media in dictatorships, it is up to the audience to be informed not follow their leaders like sheep.

Edited by meadowlander
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

And it makes no sense to me that this ship cant dock because of someone on a previous cruise, but calif wants open borders, anyone can come over the borders they say. Seems like politics and scare tactics, but I'll wait for test results.

I agree with the over hype but the issue is that Princess ships are in the media whether the virus was transmitted from land, air or sea. As usual the cruise industry is being targeted.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well we are both entitled to our opinions about if the press is over hyping this or if they have political reasons for wanting things to look bad. 

Personally the press seems biased to me, we can agree to disagree and if this is over hyped. 

I cant wait to cruise. 

Read my comment again. I said nothing about it being over hyped or not so don't put words in my mouth. I said it doesn't mean it has anything to do with politics.

"The news is hyping stuff for political reasons and people are buying into it way too much." Do you have proof of this? Of course not! 

• Like 2