WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE DRINK PACKAGE?

Boiler Cruiser

For those who have had experience with the Princess Drink package--

How much does it cost?

What kind of alcoholic drinks are included?

What alcoholic drinks are not included?

Is it sold per person, or per cabin?

Anything else you would like to add would be appreciated.

Thanks...

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

The Premier Beverage Package

Terms & Conditions 2019

What is Included

• The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $16.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The package includes all bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Gong Cha items, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.
  • The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine, one liter bottles of water, canned soda and bottled juices.
  • The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to each venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.
  • If dining at a specialty dining venue, a large bottle of water (one liter) of still or sparkling is covered by the package.

Package Details and Qualifications

• Age restrictions apply for purchases of the Premier Beverage Package.
  • The Premier Beverage Package is US $59.99 per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $70.79 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. For all Australian-based vessels, the package is AUD $86.99 per day which includes a service charge. You will be charged the full amount for the complete voyage at the time of purchase. The package is not available for pre-purchase for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The Premier Beverage Package must be purchased for every day a passenger is sailing. Partial / pro-rated packages or purchase for segments of a guest’s voyage are NOT accepted.
  • The package may be pre-purchased up to four days prior to boarding the vessel.
  • The package is offered onboard on embarkation day, and is NOT sold after embarkation day.
  • The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within three days of sailing.
  • The package is NOT available for voyages under seven nights for Australian-based itineraries, or voyages two nights or under for all other itineraries.
  • The package is NOT refundable or transferable once purchased onboard, and for advance purchased packages, NOT refundable or transferable within three days of sailing.

Exclusions and Limitations

• Does NOT apply to bottled spirits or bottled wine or any items offered in retail venues or shops onboard.
  • Can NOT be used for Room Service or Mini-Bar items. Additionally, the package cannot offset the cost of, or be a substitution for, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar. Please contact Group Onboard Services for additional details or clarification.
  • Souvenir Glassware is excluded but is available for the additional charge of the glass only.
  • Excludes beverages offered via self-service or vending machines.
  • Excludes and is not combinable with other Programs, Promotions, Onboard Specials, or Events such as Wine Tastings, Chef’s Table, Buckets of Beer, Buy One Get One type Offers, Specialty Dining cover charges, or food items for sale such as ice cream, etc.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented without notice.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice and for vessels designated in a foreign currency, packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.

Terms and Conditions

• Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices.
  • Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation nor do they count toward this maximum.
  • Only one beverage is allowed per passenger per order (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).
  • Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16 .00 AUD price are charged at full menu price.
  • Packages may NOT be shared, are NON-transferable and NON-refundable.
  • Shipboard management reserves the right to add additional restrictions and revoke or cancel the Premier Beverage Package at any point during a guest’s voyage for any reason with or without a prorated refund. Additional actions may be taken if guests:
    • Become intoxicated
    • Provide beverages to other guests or do NOT comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package
    • Exhibit behavior that is inappropriate, a safety risk to themselves or others, or become offensive or disruptive to other cruise guests or staff
    • Exceed, or attempt to circumvent, the daily limits and service limitations outlined
    Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the terms and conditions of our beverage packages at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

the Princess.com website has great information on this - look under beverage packages then click on terms and conditions

This is your best advice, get the information directly from Princess. While members of this forum try to offer good advice, there is a lot of misinformation that inadvertently gets promulgated.

• Like 2

The premier beverage package (PBP) is $70.79/day (includes gratuity).  Any adult can buy it and all adults in the cabin do not have to buy in but sharing is not allowed.  All alcoholic drinks that are priced at or below $12 not including gratuity.  Some wine is more expensive but they will subtract the $12 from the price.  Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 per day.  It also includes all other drinks like soda pop, coffee, etc in unlimited quantities.

Been three years since our last Princess cruise so really looking forward to getting on Enchanted this August (regardless of the virus).

Please can anyone tell me if Peroni beer is sold on board?

Thanks

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

OP, check out Princess Plus ...

Absolutely - Princess Plus adds $40 pd pp to Basic 'Saver' fare. It includes PBP, Gratuities, Wi Fi - so is a no brainer compared to PBP at $70. Both passengers have to take Plus whereas PBP is just per person. Even so it is hard to see where PBP makes sense, unless it is an addition to a prior fare that is much lower than current fares.

On 3/6/2020 at 10:59 AM, Boiler Cruiser said:

How much does it cost?

Thanks...

The terms and conditions give most of the information. Just some additional info.

It is per person, no sharing.

The $12 limit reference is the menu price and covers about 95% of all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages sold on the ship. Some wines by the glass and certain malts, ports are higher than $12.

The beverage gratuity is included in the purchase price. No additional gratuity/drink.

It generally takes between 5 to 7 alcoholic beverages/day to break even depending on what you drink and how much non-alcoholic beverages, such as specialty coffee drinks, you consume.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, mafig said:

Can you use the beverage package in the specialty restaurants?  MDR?

Yes, anywhere on the ship except room service.

Do you have to sign for each drink?  Even wine at dinner?

No, you do not sign for any drink. The 15 limit daily alcoholic beverage count is maintained in your on board records. If you want to know at any time how many alcoholic drinks still remain for the day just ask a bartender to scan your medallion or cruise card.

• Thanks 1

thank you (again)

Don't think I could drink 15 alcoholic beverages in one day (anymore, that is).

I've only had the beverage package on Celebrity and MSC and there you didn't have to sign and at dinner they would just keep my wine glass filled, without having to sign.  I wondered if that's how Princess did it or did I have to sign for each glass of wine.

46 minutes ago, mafig said:

thank you (again)

Don't think I could drink 15 alcoholic beverages in one day (anymore, that is).

I've only had the beverage package on Celebrity and MSC and there you didn't have to sign and at dinner they would just keep my wine glass filled, without having to sign.  I wondered if that's how Princess did it or did I have to sign for each glass of wine.

I've always had to sign for my glasses of wine in the MDR.  No where else though.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mafig said:

Can you use the beverage package in the specialty restaurants?  MDR?

Do you have to sign for each drink?  Even wine at dinner?

On our most recent cruise on the Pacific Princess (Dec 2019-Jan 2020) we had to sign for drinks only in the MDR. They note on the paper that you have the beverage package. I believe that's because they don't have the capability to ring in your purchase right at the table.

At dinner we tend to grab a glass of wine from Vines and take it with us. It's usually faster than trying to get served wine in MDR and we don't have to sign for it. I have been asked to sign for after dinner drinks in MDR but nowhere else.  I like that the package includes specialty coffee as well as I can get a Vanilla Latte with an extra shot of espresso and also ad a shot of Jameson. Great breakfast drink. 🙂

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

At dinner we tend to grab a glass of wine from Vines and take it with us. It's usually faster than trying to get served wine in MDR and we don't have to sign for it. 🙂

We often do that also - they like you to tell them it is "to go" - they will pour it in a regular wine glass, rather than the nice ones they use at Vines.  After awhile we began giving them them a travel cup, they were  happy put our "to go" wine in it.   - it is much easier to carry and we just pour it into a wine glass in MDR.    

We are so bummed that our May Alaska cruise is very unlikely to happen 😞 

Edited by CRUZBUDS

On 3/6/2020 at 7:59 AM, Boiler Cruiser said:

How much does it cost?

Thanks...

I had it as a free drink package. It is per person. It’s for any drinks 🍹 up to $12. Since I never had it before I was able to try some specialty drinks that I have never had before & I enjoyed it.  It’s $59.99 per day. I enjoy a good drink but wouldn’t pay the daily fee. Go for it if it’s offered. In the MDR the wait staff new what I liked & promptly brought my wine each night. I only had to wait a few minutes. 

Any other questions please ask. 

Tom😎

Edited by trbarton

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

is Princess Plus available for all / most cruises ?

I know we've got it on our next 2 booked cruises - one not until 12/21

It seems to be a standard option on all cruises now and quick arithmetic shows it to be $40 pp pd extra. Not to quibble, but when you say 'we've got it' you mean 'we paid extra for it' right ?