Cancelling Cruises because of the C word

davemorton

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Cheers mate.

Hope you are okay for your cruise.

That's what I meant with " I'm there with you"  3 vessel coronary amongst other things .. No cruises for me 😩  ... yet 😏

Edited by kalos
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

That stupid person has just said that he didn't mean it was cancelled, he meant he had cancelled.  That's after 4 people asked him whether the cruise was cancelled.  apologies.  Mind you, not sure there any ports for you to go to as none of them are accepting ships.

N004 will be cancelled because there are no ports to go to. They are bringing Aurora back For the same reason. On board they have been told that Aurora’s next cruise has been cancelled as well. 

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Oh, I’m sorry Graham

However, in the current cruising climate, your Doc may have done you a favour.  Time will tell.  I can’t imagine ships’ crews being full of the joys of Spring just now.

One day all this will be past and hopefully we will all survive to return to cruising as we know it or, hopefully, even better

Thanks Eddie.

I desperately wanted to go and wished the government had left the decision to ourselves.

Insurance would have been void if we cruised.

14 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

No, I just looked, but not sure why it's 125%.  It changes daily.  We only got 100%

Jean, I think we should get 125% too and I wonder if that email last night was in relation to it. Trying to contact P&O now is nigh on impossible so I will wait to be contacted and if that doesn’t happen will contact them when it goes quieter. Is your cruise still showing on the cruise personalises?

57 minutes ago, Little Mell said:

Following with interest as we are booked on ventura on tuesday. None of us over 70 but one person with "underlying health conditions "

Health condition will void insurance if they go,that's why I had to cancel today.

If you leave it under 2 days to cancel you get nothing whereas 2-6 days is 100% FCC.

We cancelled today 7 days out and will get 10% cash back and 90% FCC.

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Health condition will void insurance if they go,that's why I had to cancel today.

If you leave it under 2 days to cancel you get nothing whereas 2-6 days is 100% FCC.

We cancelled today 7 days out and will get 10% cash back and 90% FCC.

You should get 90x125% as a FCC

• Thanks 1

I cancelled my June cruise today.  Outside the 90 days so get 95% back and the other 5% as future credit (had already paid the balance).

Very disappointing as I got a really good targeted deal (50% off) and a huge amount of OBC -  the discount would not have applied if I transferred which is why I cancelled.  

Until there is a vaccine, I don't think cruising will be viable.

32 minutes ago, kalos said:

That's what I meant with " I'm there with you"  3 vessel coronary amongst other things .. No cruises for me 😩  ... yet 😏

Sorry to hear that,take care and hopefully for both of us the situation improves ASAP.

• Thanks 1

well I’m still going 

unless they either cancel me so I can get my money or the change the itinerary significantly and I can get my money 

I have an health condition but it is not under the ones that have been printed and my doctors have said there is no reason I can’t go. 

also apparently I need the flu vaccine cos I’m a bit fat not weak immune. 

Can’t even get a refund on my dress now either 

• Like 1

New P&O e mail 

KEEPING YOU UPDATED

British nationals aged 70 and over and people with underlying health conditions

In light of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the UK Government has issued advice against cruise ship travel for British nationals aged 70 and over and people with underlying health conditions.

We understand if you are concerned by this advice. Please find your options below OR visit our website for more information.

If you have an existing booking

If you have an existing booking that departs before 1 September 2020 and you are a British national aged 70 and over, or if you have underlying health condition as outlined on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website your options below.

If you’d like to keep your existing booking, your ship and crew will be ready and waiting to welcome you, however you will be asked to confirm you have chosen to sail having read the latest government guidance.

Should you wish to cancel:

We are offering you a Future Cruise Credit of 125% to the amount of your cancellation fee (with any monies remaining to be refunded) to be applied against any new booking up to the equivalent value. Your Future Cruise Credit can be used for a new booking made before 31 December 2021, and can be redeemed against any P&O Cruises holiday sailing before 31 March 2022.

Alternatively, you are also entitled to a full refund. If you are cancelling due to concern over an underlying health condition, your refund will be subject to providing proof of your underlying medical condition.

If you are not a British national aged 70 and over and do not have a pre-existing health condition but would like to cancel your booking, please find our flexible booking policy here.

Interim Transfer Policy

For those who are sailing after 31 August 2020, our existing interim transfer policy applies.

Between now and 31 August 2020, you have the option of transferring your holiday to an alternative date should you wish. Under our temporary highly flexible terms, you can choose to transfer your holiday to any sailing within our published programme.

If you booked with us, and wish to amend your booking, please contact P&O Cruises on 0344 338 8636. Alternatively, please contact your travel agent. As we're sure you can appreciate ours and our agents' phone lines are extremely busy at present, so please bear with us whilst we deal with the most imminent departures. If your departure is not within the next 14 days please consider calling us nearer to your departure date.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Not if he cancelled before they brought out this new rule.  We cancelled 2 days ago, so now couldn't get our money back as we are all over 70, but I understand that.  You can't have it every which way.

We cancelled at 10am this morning through our c22  TA

Edited by grapau27

42 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I have already cancelled and am getting 40% back and an FCC, but the terms are changing daily.  I'm not going to be greedy.  I'm comfortable with that.

Well said Jean. There are more important things than profiting from this situation.

• Like 4

We were holding out for our August fly cruise on Oceana, waiting to see how things go - the new terms and conditions made us feel a lot better. Must admit, we don't think that the summer season will happen at all for Oceana now, so looks like we are looking at Hoseasons and hoping we can find a nice spot by a beach in the UK somewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Absolutely gutted.

Spoke to doctor and my Heart Attack in December where I got a stent fitted and feel very fit is classed as Chronic Heart Disease.

We have had to cancel our Azura Transatlantic cruise next week as per Government advice!!

Sorry to hear this mate, we've had to do the same my COPD and the gaffers Type2 have stuffed us. have rebooked for the same cruise next year. Mean time booked an 11 day trip to Cyprus on the 24th, I'am going away

2 hours ago, Hampshire Steve said:

My sympathies go to everyone now without a cruise, but it's not the most important thing in the world.

You never know, when this is done with,  people just might stop sticking their hands into the buffet serveries and use the tongs provided. (Live in hope)

Don't count on being saved by the tongs, at busy times tests have apparently found a lot of them have excreta on the handle!

Use a paper napkin when serving yourself in the buffet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's such a fluid situation that it's difficult to know what to do. I'm sure many cancelled when they could have got better terms by holding fire and that must be annoying.

We will have to cancel our 15th May and 28th June cruises as, although only 66 and 59 years old, we both ostensibly suffer from COPD. We have already paid for travel insurance for the May cruise but would be unlikely to get cover for the June one once we declare COPD.

We were always going to cancel as we don't fancy a 'cruise to nowhere'. Some sea days are nice having to done a few fair transatlantic, but a whole mystery cruise doesn't appeal.

Will now have to get an appointment at the surgery and a letter from the doc before we cancel.

17 minutes ago, grush240 said:

Sorry to hear this mate, we've had to do the same my COPD and the gaffers Type2 have stuffed us. have rebooked for the same cruise next year. Mean time booked an 11 day trip to Cyprus on the 24th, I'am going away

Looks like you’ll be stuck in your hotel then. Cyprus have announced that all UK nationals arriving in Cyprus must self quarantine for 14 days. Sorry. 

Edited by staygulf

1 minute ago, staygulf said:

Looks like you’ll be stuck in your hotel then. Cyprus have announced that all UK nationals arriving in Cyprus must self quarantine for 14 days. Sorry. 

Oh well another cancellation then. Glad I've got Whitby booked in July 😁

• Like 2