Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

I filled out the form 3x and told a Customer Relations person Option 2 - I wonder if that is enough? I don't know if the Customer Relations person still has her job or not....

First time, the form receipt came through with out my booking number or sailing info. So I filled it out a 2nd time and someone along the way suggested a 3rd time.

It would help if they could tell you where you are. I think that is the frustrating part. Just being told "we are working hard, wait your turn".

Did you or your TA fill in form to choose Option?

my TA had to do it for me

17 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

We also received the email on May 5th and decided to resubmit the form for the refund anyway even if it put us at the back of the line.  We already received roughly 80% of what we paid in refund within days (we cancelled our May 9th cruise on March 10th, two days before they announced the pause).  The amount that we received already covered 90% of the cruise fare, all of the port fees, part of our EZair, and none of the Princess Vacation Protection.  Still we considered ourselves fortunate to have gotten a majority back when so many others have $0.

This morning our TA sent us a cancellation notice generated today by Princess that shows $0 in cancellation fees which indicates that they're going to send us the 10% deposit that they initially withheld back (we had paid using an FCD but their system must assign the 10% based on where we were in the cancellation schedule).  Oddly the notice was missing airfare and listed the PVP paid as $0.01 for each of us but it's my understanding that they process each of these items separately so I'm not going to be concerned about that part yet.

It was great to see movement on our reservation even though it's not complete.  I do wonder if sending that form in a second time triggered quicker action.  By the way, we still do not have the 25% "Goodwill" FCC yet oddly and I may have to call again if I do not see that before too long.

Just curious - are you still communicating with Customer Relations or is your contact now gone?

The last time I spoke with the Customer Relations person was 4/16 and she said to call her if I didn’t receive my refund by 5/31.  So I felt bad bugging her before then.  After reading about people submitting forms but Princess not receiving it, it got me wanting to check.  When I spoke to the Customer Relations person on 4/16 she said I was on her list to call to inform me of the Option 1/2 process.  Obviously she didn’t have my specific because I had submitted for Option 2 on 3/14.

That’s great your TA sent you the updated cancellation notice.  Has your TA been able to help you move this along?

6 minutes ago, remydiva said:

But here is what we DO know to be 'factual' based on posts......

• THAT much I know to be true. 🙂

Great synopsis, but as we journalists, you buried the lead:

MOST PASSENGERS HAVE GOTTEN NOTHING

• Like 3

1 minute ago, latserrof said:

do you have real stats to back this up? Love to see that

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, latserrof said:

After 47 minutes on and off hold w/ Princess, getting no answers, the call was mysteriously cut off.

When I called, the message said they were experiencing unusually high call volume so it might result in a disconnect. I was so surprised I got through.   But regardless, getting through yielded me no real result so it didn’t matter. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

The last time I spoke with the Customer Relations person was 4/16 and she said to call her if I didn’t receive my refund by 5/31.  So I felt bad bugging her before then.  After reading about people submitting forms but Princess not receiving it, it got me wanting to check.  When I spoke to the Customer Relations person on 4/16 she said I was on her list to call to inform me of the Option 1/2 process.  Obviously she didn’t have my specific because I had submitted for Option 2 on 3/14.

That’s great your TA sent you the updated cancellation notice.  Has your TA been able to help you move this along?

I was just curious if the person you were speaking with was still employed by Princess.  So many aren't.

As for my TA, I think she has tried to help along refunds / FCCs for myself and others on this thread to no avail.  I think that these things just need to work their way through the Princess process.

5 minutes ago, latserrof said:

haha....and as a writer...a fledgling....I try to keep you in 'suspense' until the AHAH moment at the end which you captured beautifully.

I should add one more point...

12. It doesn't matter if you used a TA , big box store online or booked directly with Princess. We ALL wait!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, dog said:

Did you or your TA fill in form to choose Option?

my TA had to do it for me

I did. 

Though I cancelled a few days before the Pause and contacted Princess directly because it was unclear if I also qualified for Option 2 and was given a Customer Relations person. So the same week I filled out the form, I relayed my choice to this Customer Relations person.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

I was just curious if the person you were speaking with was still employed by Princess.  So many aren't.

As for my TA, I think she has tried to help along refunds / FCCs for myself and others on this thread to no avail.  I think that these things just need to work their way through the Princess process.

I was actually surprised the Customer Relations person was still around when I spoke to her mid April.  I guess we’ll see when it comes to May 31.

Yeah, I decided to leave my TA alone because I’m sure she’s swamped right now.   

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 10:48 AM, tonit964 said:

I just called Princess to get status on my refund and was connected right away, they said it was processed last Friday 5/15.

It hasn't posted to my account yet though because of the weekend.

Those of you still waiting, give them a call.

Just checking in - did you get your refund? It seems the May 15th processing has resulted in a number of people getting money! Fingers crossed for you!

4 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Just checking in - did you get your refund? It seems the May 15th processing has resulted in a number of people getting money! Fingers crossed for you!

Did you get your callback yet?  BTW, was it you that was on the webinar earlier in the week when "in transit" was mentioned regarding interrupted cruises?  I brought that up with suzyed and they asked about the webinar and how to access it.

4 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Did you get your callback yet?  BTW, was it you that was on the webinar earlier in the week when "in transit" was mentioned regarding interrupted cruises?  I brought that up with suzyed and they asked about the webinar and how to access it.

No call back yet

I haven't heard the terms "in transit" on the webinars, but may have just missed it. The term that came up this week that was new to me was from the rep I spoke with by phone - "compassionate" cancellations. She was referring to those of us who cancelled prior to Princess but were included in the pause/offers. It seems this group of people, despite being the first to cancel, are among the last being processed.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, suzyed said:

What is this webinar and how do we know when and where they are?

There is reference to "in transit" on pg 90, posts 2228 and 2232.   Darned if I can find the original post about the webinar but I think it was from ceilidh1 so I've asked in their last post.

That said, I just googled and came up with this https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/goToUrl.do?srcURL=au/training/webinars/index.jsp&company=PA

I'm wondering if Princess and other lines have reached the conclusion that if/when cruising resumes, it will be so limited and different from the past that it will have little appeal for those of us who have cruised pre-Covid-19, so the cruise lines need not be concerned about how they treat their formerly-loyal guests. ?

16 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Not yet. I spoke with the dispute supervisor from my bank yesterday and we will wait until Friday the 29th, that will give Princess 10 business days, then if it hasn't, she'll complete the dispute. She stated the delay is with the merchant, not the bank so we'll see. 

I'm really happy to read lots of folks are getting their refunds!

Thank for the crossed fingers. Good luck to you too.

I'll post once it has hit my account or I end up completing the dispute.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

It's on YouTube - found it and listened last night.  

LOL - shows how much I listen!

I'm usually trying to get all my questions submitted, which are then ignored.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

No call back yet

I haven't heard the terms "in transit" on the webinars, but may have just missed it. The term that came up this week that was new to me was from the rep I spoke with by phone - "compassionate" cancellations. She was referring to those of us who cancelled prior to Princess but were included in the pause/offers. It seems this group of people, despite being the first to cancel, are among the last being processed.

I did find a couple of posts referencing "in transit".  This discussion has been all over the planet and it's easy for my God-I-wish-I-was-retired memory to slip.   It'll never happen but I'd love to see an after action report explaining who did what, when and why.  And especially how can Princess improve support in places like the UK.  I'm afraid I touched a raw nerve with aulanis yesterday.  I'll have to hunt him down for a peace pint if we get over there again.  🍻

April 4, Royal, selected option 2 on March 12. FCC received in April.

I used two credit cards for payments and just received the refund to the first card (American Express). I'd put $500 on the Amex because of the Amex Offer for $100 back on a $500 cruise charge. I did get that $100 credit immediately after charging, so I wonder if that'll get clawed back (totally fine if it does, of course).

No refund yet on my Chase card, but am now feeling very hopeful. I'm going under the assumption that processing times differ for different credit card programs.

Until I started seeing several folks posting this week about refunds coming in, I was getting ready to dispute the charges. I'm glad I didn't bother.

Good luck folks - I think the tide is turning on refunds.

• Like 2

Someone in this forum posted the toll free number for Bottom Line regarding refund cheques.  I have scrolled down the past dozen pages but still could not find it.  Would someone be kind enough to post it again as I would like go follow up on my refund as well.  Thanks

4 hours ago, suzyed said:

Not really a laughing matter. The people answering the phones are not the ones doing the calculations! Whole other department... that’s why no one there knows what the others are doing!

I can figure out how many FCCs we are owed in about 30seconds on a calculator.  
We are supposed to be reimbursed for 18 days of a 32 day cruise. 
we have gotten ZERO.

Don’t tell me they are not provided a calculator and they are counting on their fingers and toes?!!

As you know, we are like you and were cancelled mid-cruise....for us, 10 days before the end of our 20 dayer. The letter delivered to our cabin that gave us the Option 1 and Option 2 choices, said that for Option 1, the FCCs would amount to 125% of the cruise fare paid ….which means getting 125% of the total fare we paid for the 20 days, even though we cruised for 10 of those days.

If you got the same wording, I take that to mean that you should be getting 125%FCC for your total 32 days.

4 hours ago, smithmlmx said:

Anyone received a CC refund for March 28 Sky?

I was supposed to have been on this cruise.  Nothing received  yet.  But my case is a bit more complex than the standard Pause 1.  I canceled before Princess did their pause but I’m still in pause 1.