Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

58 minutes ago, Eschie said:

I received my full refund today, including EZ Air.  I chose option 2 on March 12th for a May 2nd cruise.

Feeling very relieved.

happy for you

7 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

Yes. Refund received 18 May. Bonus FCC received 22 May.

Good to hear - I have not tried to phone yet, but did get an email reply which

suggests they are still working on it.

@ ALL THOSE IN TRANSIT.

Maybe we should ask CC if we can have a roll call?

Covid Transit Cruise 30 ,60, or 90 days  with no satisfactory contact and no refunds

I now know why I am stuck in transit - it is of course my own fault!!

Whilst I was happy with the letter from the ship I was not happy with the link

which  was aimed at  the first phase 12 May -  ?? April.

It was the option for  100% Cash plus FCC or all FCC amount depending on date

so was not appropriate for a mid cruise cancellation. 

On returning home I filled in all the details, printed it off and sent it with our

expenses claim to PCUK  and asked them if it was

good for purpose and if so they could go ahead and process it.

They eventually said it was good and they could work from that so as they

didnt tell me to I didnt  send it electronically as well.    WRONG!!!

We are still arguing about the %% as they changed what was said on the boat

but having waded through all the tripe on the Webinar  ( Thanks for that)

It suggested a NEW GOALPOST  in that if a selection was not made by

the end of May  then it would defer to ALL FCC  . Whether that pertains

to us outcasts was not mentioned but thought I better send it off and

continue to argue the actual amounts .

I should have done it straight away but I didnt want it to be taken as

acceptance of the offer which was changing depending on who

picked up the case.  Difference is "only" around 600dollars  but it

is the principle and the fact that all others on the ship have not had

any change. So now I feel transitted and shafted!

OK it is the cash- LOL !!

I received my refund today in my account. It was for the correct amount.

Refunds are coming through although it appears to be no rhyme or reason. Best of luck to everyone.

ETA: It took 10 weeks for mine.

Edited by tonit964
Added info
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

So excited.  Got $2.15 back on my cc today.  This was for an excursion we booked and our OBC was was not quite enough to cover the whole thing.

Now, we just wait for the other $40k we are owed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

@ ALL THOSE IN TRANSIT.

Maybe we should ask CC if we can have a roll call?

Covid Transit Cruise 30 ,60, or 90 days  with no satisfactory contact and no refunds

I now know why I am stuck in transit - it is of course my own fault!!

Whilst I was happy with the letter from the ship I was not happy with the link

which  was aimed at  the first phase 12 May -  ?? April.

It was the option for  100% Cash plus FCC or all FCC amount depending on date

so was not appropriate for a mid cruise cancellation. 

On returning home I filled in all the details, printed it off and sent it with our

expenses claim to PCUK  and asked them if it was

good for purpose and if so they could go ahead and process it.

They eventually said it was good and they could work from that so as they

didnt tell me to I didnt  send it electronically as well.    WRONG!!!

We are still arguing about the %% as they changed what was said on the boat

but having waded through all the tripe on the Webinar  ( Thanks for that)

It suggested a NEW GOALPOST  in that if a selection was not made by

the end of May  then it would defer to ALL FCC  . Whether that pertains

to us outcasts was not mentioned but thought I better send it off and

continue to argue the actual amounts .

I should have done it straight away but I didnt want it to be taken as

acceptance of the offer which was changing depending on who

picked up the case.  Difference is "only" around 600dollars  but it

is the principle and the fact that all others on the ship have not had

any change. So now I feel transitted and shafted!

OK it is the cash- LOL !!

I would participatein that roll call, but why don't you just start a new topic on the board with that title?  
I actually started one for the March 5th Coral sailing and I can't seem to find it....don't know if they removed it or I just have to look harder, but since I haven't gotten a single response I think they may have taken it down.  Going to look for it again today.

13 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yup. I'm at the bottom of the pile. Just had it confirmed. They are not looking at those that cancelled prior to Princess until AFTER the Princess cancellations. Not sure about those in mid-cruise....

We were mid-cruise on the Coral.  Well not quite "mid" but 12 days in on a 32 day.  
And here's why we are having the issue, I think.   We booked the 32 day as one cruise.  Those who booked it as a B2B are in a different, maybe more straight forward situation.  I know at lease some of them got their refunds/FCCs.  I don't really see how it matters except that ours has to be pro-rated for the remaining days? But then again, someone pointed out that the form we filled out stated "cruise fare paid"? Would that imply no proration?
But then again....even those who booked as 2 cruises were still on the ship with us until the last passengers were off....so wouldn't they be "in transit" as well?  But not at the bottom of the heap?
It seems like we are hearing something different every day and they keep adding a new wrinkle for us to overcome....the truth is, we have not been given ANY useful information to indicat just where we are in the "heap".
Just spitballing here!

Edited by suzyed

We cancelled on March 5 for a May 4 cruise. Was getting very frustrated and filed credit card dispute on May 5. Received full refund this morning including Ezair. Dont know if dispute had anything to do with it but very happy. Good luck all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, shoot. I guess we’re over here in the Weenie Corner with remydiva, and Holly and Susan and Coral and others shoved aside.   Dispute filed May 5.

There is, sadly, very little Princess can do at this point to regain our trust.  I’m not angry as much as I’m disappointed.  We feel happy that we took the many trips we did, and fortunate to have done so.  We have a handful of FCDs and three weeks on Princess booked for 2021 which we will be canceling as soon as the processing time gets faster, or final payment is due, whichever comes first.  

This is sad for us, somewhat like a realization that a long friendship is broken and forever over.  

The good news is that we have several land trips with two different companies (who have already completely refunded us) in the works for 2022 (and maybe 2021) in Europe, Africa and Israel.  We will continue to travel, just not on a cruise ship for a couple of years. And it will be on Viking Ocean in the future, but not Princess.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, remydiva said:

The delays in receiving compensation has resulted in a lot of conjecture and assumptions ......

• 'Compassionate consideration' for those who cancelled BEFORE the Mar 12 mass cancellation of Phase 1. These are also back of the refund line up, standing just in front of the 'in transit' cruisers. Again, a mixed bag of % refunded already, insurance claims maybe. Deal with it.

1st time I've heard of this term. Thank you for shedding some light on it. So I guess that's why my other 1074.5 FCC is held up? 😶 Have gotten 100% of March 29th in Pause 1 and 100% refund but only 50% FCC for the one they cancelled earlier in March 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

Well, shoot. I guess we’re over here in the Weenie Corner with remydiva, and Holly and Susan and Coral and others shoved aside.   Dispute filed May 5.

There is, sadly, very little Princess can do at this point to regain our trust.  I’m not angry as much as I’m disappointed.  We feel happy that we took the many trips we did, and fortunate to have done so.  We have a handful of FCDs and three weeks on Princess booked for 2021 which we will be canceling as soon as the processing time gets faster, or final payment is due, whichever comes first.  

This is sad for us, somewhat like a realization that a long friendship is broken and forever over.  

The good news is that we have several land trips with two different companies (who have already completely refunded us) in the works for 2022 (and maybe 2021) in Europe, Africa and Israel.  We will continue to travel, just not on a cruise ship for a couple of years. And it will be on Viking Ocean in the future, but not Princess.

You just put into words exactly how I am feeling. I have loved Princess for so long and saw myself cruising with them for many years. I have had their back through a lot of this mess (and still do believe that this is a complicated, time consuming, manual process) but the way that they have treated me and others is just no longer excusable. The cherry on the cake was the way the customer relations agent spoke to me yesterday, as if they were somehow doing me a favour by offering a refund/FCC on the cruise they cancelled and that I should be "grateful". I, too, have big trips planned for 2021 and 2022 - two full suites, so no small amount of money. I am thinking I will cancel before final payment. I held out the full 60 business days before disputing as I really had faith that Princess would come through. I thought they had my back. It makes me sad to realise they couldn't care less. Yes, an end to a friendship is a great way of putting it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

You just put into words exactly how I am feeling. I have loved Princess for so long and saw myself cruising with them for many years. I have had their back through a lot of this mess (and still do believe that this is a complicated, time consuming, manual process) but the way that they have treated me and others is just no longer excusable. The cherry on the cake was the way the customer relations agent spoke to me yesterday, as if they were somehow doing me a favour by offering a refund/FCC on the cruise they cancelled and that I should be "grateful". I, too, have big trips planned for 2021 and 2022 - two full suites, so no small amount of money. I am thinking I will cancel before final payment. I held out the full 60 business days before disputing as I really had faith that Princess would come through. I thought they had my back. It makes me sad to realise they couldn't care less. Yes, an end to a friendship is a great way of putting it.

Ditto for me...very disappointed.  
Just started looking at destinations to take our RV to.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Yeah.  Of the two dozen or so transactions I have waiting on refund, they were generous enough to give me back the $11.80 for prepaid soda.

Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, trrn2016 said:

We cancelled on March 5 for a May 4 cruise. Was getting very frustrated and filed credit card dispute on May 5. Received full refund this morning including Ezair. Dont know if dispute had anything to do with it but very happy. Good luck all.

Good news.  Congratulations.  I believe (could be wrong)  this is the first report of a refund following a dispute, which I for one am happy to hear about.

1 hour ago, cherylandtk said:

13 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

You just put into words exactly how I am feeling. I have loved Princess for so long and saw myself cruising with them for many years. I have had their back through a lot of this mess (and still do believe that this is a complicated, time consuming, manual process) but the way that they have treated me and others is just no longer excusable. 

I also resisted placing a dispute and finally did on Monday. 

I will most likely be taking a hiatus from Princess. Maybe permanently. I really haven't liked the direction they have been going anyway. I am willing to pay more for a higher line and travel less often and/or return to land trips. It has been a good ride and I have seen some beautiful areas and met some wonderful people. 

I have to say watching that webinar the other day showed me how screwed up Princess is. I don't like how they have treated their (loyal and new) passengers involved and their travel partners. I feel for the agents during this difficult process. Princess has not been transparent at all during this entire process. Honesty from the beginning would have helped this entire situation. 

I hope everyones' refunds arrive quickly and accurately for all of those involved. Considering I am still a stockholder, I wish all of the CCL brands well as I want them to succeed and their stock to recover. I just really hope Corporate/Managements looks at this situation and learns from their multiple mistakes. 

Edited by Coral
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Good news.  Congratulations.  I believe (could be wrong)  this is the first report of a refund following a dispute, which I for one am happy to hear about.

There have been several others! I think many have been successful.

Just now, LDVinNC said:

Oh, good.  I was afraid those of us who had filed a dispute might be "punished".

Let me rephrase this. People have been successful in getting a refund from the credit card company. I don't know how Princess has treated them.

18 minutes ago, MarkieMark16 said:

Anybody with me that thinks posts like these are from paid Princess sycophants and are less than truthful?  Asking for a "friend" 

Is that a short version of mad elephants ?   with any luck you will win the Princess Lottery

next week and  we will be wondering the same about you? or your friend?

1 minute ago, Coral said:

Let me rephrase this. People have been successful in getting a refund from the credit card company. I don't know how Princess has treated them.

Oh...lots of folks, myself included, have gotten provisional credits from their cc's.  What I was wondering was if Princess is doing actual refunds to people who filed disputes.

1 minute ago, LDVinNC said:

Oh...lots of folks, myself included, have gotten provisional credits from their cc's.  What I was wondering was if Princess is doing actual refunds to people who filed disputes.

Some have won the disputes through the credit cards. Not just provisional.

Edited by Coral

Okay, I think I am not phrasing this well.  I'd like to know if people who have filed disputes are getting credits directly from Princess, not from having "won" their disputes.

My cc's say Princess has until July to respond.  I filed my disputes with 3 cards on 5/13.  Sure would like to get the money back sooner!

Thanks, Coral.

13 minutes ago, Coral said:

Honesty from the beginning would have helped this entire situation. 

The beginning for me was Ms Swartz announcement  a tissue of lies connected

with meaningless rhetoric.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Oh, good.  I was afraid those of us who had filed a dispute might be "punished".

I wonder that, too. Initially, when someone asked if Princess would refuse to give FCC if a credit card charge was disputed, I said that I thought they still would as they would have paid out the money anyway. Now, I'm not so sure. I don't "think" they would remove it if it had already been assigned, but if (like me) you don't yet have the FCC I now think that they won't bother giving it. Personally, I couldn't care about the FCC at this point. They can keep it. I just want my money back.

I also wonder if people are winning credit card disputes by default simply because Princess is not responding. 

• Like 2