Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

On 5/11/2020 at 7:27 PM, PrincessLuver said:

Princess has proved to be an untrustworthy and unethical company and has no problem lying and stealing from thousands of its passengers by the way it canceled cruises and then did not refund monies it promised to do in the time it did.  

Princess will have a hard time ever presenting itself as "The Love Boat Again."  It was really unnecessary for them to hurt their brand so bad if they just would have been transparent.  Too heavy a lift for Princess it seems and it really would not bother me at this point in time if they do not make it as a business.

I agree...except I don't want them to go belly up IF I ever get my FCCs.
But I agree...we were just looking for some honesty and transparency, but it is still not forthcoming.  

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

I'd like to know if people who have filed disputes are getting credits directly from Princess, not from having "won" their disputes.

This recent post sounds that way  - you could ask to be sure!

40 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Ditto for me...very disappointed.  
Just started looking at destinations to take our RV to.

Maybe we shall meet on the road.  We were two doors down from you on the Sapphire from Singapore to Rome ( or was it Northern Lights??); you’re all the way east and we are pretty far west....but have RV, will travel!  And you can always come for Balloon Fiesta after it starts up again.

Edited by cherylandtk

3 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

This recent post sounds that way  - you could ask to be sure!

If you see my previous post (2446), you will see that what you quote is what prompted that post.  I am wondering if anyone else

who has filed a dispute has gotten a refund directly from Princess - not a refund by having won their dispute.

46 minutes ago, MarkieMark16 said:

Anybody with me that thinks posts like these are from paid Princess sycophants and are less than truthful?  Asking for a "friend" 

Another cruiseline tried paid correspondents posting here.

I won't mention the cruise line, but I think the posters were called "Royal Champions"

My recollection is that the whole thing blew up when the paid cheerleaders were outed.

I think the posters you refer to are simply gratuitous cheerleaders.

This is only our second cruise with Princess, booked to meet the schedules for daughters and granddaughters, and we'll return to our preferred line next year.  But it's still sad to see so many long timers abandoning the relationship based on a once in a lifetime problem.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Okay, I think I am not phrasing this well.  I'd like to know if people who have filed disputes are getting credits directly from Princess, not from having "won" their disputes.

My cc's say Princess has until July to respond.  I filed my disputes with 3 cards on 5/13.  Sure would like to get the money back sooner!

Thanks, Coral.

My credit card said the same..that Princess has until July to respond.  I disputed on 5/13.  When I submitted the dispute, I thought I read somewhere that said they were giving the vendor 45 days but now I can’t find that reference.  When I checked my cc account the other day is when I saw the update that said they made contact with Princess on 5/20 and Princess has until 7/15 to respond.  Makes me wonder if Princess responded and asked to have until mid July to resolve it. 

What credit card company did you use?

2 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

My credit card said the same..that Princess has until July to respond.  I disputed on 5/13.  When I submitted the dispute, I thought I read somewhere that said they were giving the vendor 45 days but now I can’t find that reference.  When I checked my cc account the other day is when I saw the update that said they made contact with Princess on 5/20 and Princess has until 7/15 to respond.  Makes me wonder if Princess responded and asked to have until mid July to resolve it. 

What credit card company did you use?

Most likely they sent the dispute through to Princess and gave them a date to respond by. I filed a dispute for shorex with Paypal on May 12th and Princess has until June 1st to respond. So far, they have not done so. I believe that if they do not respond, the case is resolved by default in favour of the customer. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

If you see my previous post (2446), you will see that what you quote is what prompted that post.  I am wondering if anyone else

who has filed a dispute has gotten a refund directly from Princess - not a refund by having won their dispute.

I was speaking with a friend. If I filed a dispute last week and get a refund next week (we can all hope), is it due to the dispute, due to Princess finally issuing a refund or Princess prompted to issue a refund due to the dispute? I am not sure if we will really know. Though the credit card will list the result of the dispute.

38 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Is that a short version of mad elephants ? 

Wish I knew what that meant... 

Yes, this is a once in a lifetime situation (at least in our lifetime). I booked this cruise as a Christmas present for the new wife who has never been anywhere.  I booked thru a trusted friend TA who had a lot of personal experience with Princess, recommended them highly and who is just as frustrated as I am about Princess's lack of communication and service.  (Anybody who feels that email from "Jan" this past week was communication, please let me sell you a bridge or two).  I thought this forum would be a great place to figure out what was going on with my refund.  What I've learned is there is no rhyme, reason or pattern to how Princess is handling this and the majority of forum participants are having experiences similar to mine. To see random posts about refunds ("May 4th" departure date full refund, but people who were days away from embarking have gotten nothing?) has mage me very skeptical about all of this.  Good luck, everyone... and right now I could use that refund.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

I was speaking with a friend. If I filed a dispute last week and get a refund next week (we can all hope), is it due to the dispute, due to Princess finally issuing a refund or Princess prompted to issue a refund due to the dispute? I am not sure if we will really know. Though the credit card will list the result of the dispute.

I'm not sure of all credit cards are the same, but when I filed with Capital One I was told this:

A provisional credit will be given and they will attempt to contact the merchant to resolve. If the merchant agrees that the dispute is valid, the provisional credit becomes permanent and it is marked as resolved. This is NOT coming from Princess, this is the credit card wiping the payment you made to them and the credit card will claim the money back from Princess. If Princess does not agree it is a valid dispute, the credit remains provisional until either side has valid proof (in our case, the proof is that they stated a timeline and didn't meet it). In the event Princess refunds DURING the dispute process, the refund would be a separate amount appearing on your credit card - so you would still have the provisional credit. Capital One told me that this may happen as Princess has until July to respond so they may willingly refund prior to even responding (mostly happens when refunds are automated, apparently). The rep I spoke to told me that I wouldn't need to inform the credit card if this happens as they will automatically cancel the provisional credit if a permanent credit from the vendor posts.

Hope this makes sense!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

I'm not sure of all credit cards are the same, but when I filed with Capital One I was told this:

A provisional credit will be given and they will attempt to contact the merchant to resolve. If the merchant agrees that the dispute is valid, the provisional credit becomes permanent and it is marked as resolved. This is NOT coming from Princess, this is the credit card wiping the payment you made to them and the credit card will claim the money back from Princess. If Princess does not agree it is a valid dispute, the credit remains provisional until either side has valid proof (in our case, the proof is that they stated a timeline and didn't meet it). In the event Princess refunds DURING the dispute process, the refund would be a separate amount appearing on your credit card - so you would still have the provisional credit. Capital One told me that this may happen as Princess has until July to respond so they may willingly refund prior to even responding (mostly happens when refunds are automated, apparently). The rep I spoke to told me that I wouldn't need to inform the credit card if this happens as they will automatically cancel the provisional credit if a permanent credit from the vendor posts.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks - I have Chase and Citicard and neither went into the long explanation. 

18 hours ago, tonit964 said:

So for you, Tuesday the 26th will be 10 business days. I'm not clear, you said you already filed a dispute on 4/27 and the bank/credit card company didn't credit your account already?

My cruise was on /4/11 also and I requested option 2-refund on 3/13. 

I think a big mistake Princess is making is telling people that their refund was "processed/issued" on a specific date when it seems like that may not be the case. However, folks are reporting they're getting their money. 

cancelled 4/11 cruise 3/5 and made claim via platinum ins/AON (for medical reasons).  Port fees $480 reimbursed 3/6. Then AON cancelled my claim and referred me back to Princess.  Filed 3/12 (option 2) at their invitation and given 30 day time frame, the 45, then 60.  Filed dispute 4/27 and given immediate 'provisional' reimbursement of final payment amount pending their resolution with Princess which also needs to include  deposit amounts and travel insurance amount initially made when cruise was booked.  Princess agrees with my figures(verified by telecon) and says they 'released' funds. Cap 1 show no record.  I hesitate to touch provisional payment as I have little faith in Princess at this time.  Best of luck to all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coral said:

Thanks - I have Chase and Citicard and neither went into the long explanation. 

Yeah, my RBC gave me zero explanation. To add to the confusion with that card, they are claiming I have already been refunded by the merchant as they are seeing the refund posted back in April from CARNIVAL. Ugh. Have to follow up with them again on Monday because, unlike Capital One, they are only open Monday-Friday.

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yeah, my RBC gave me zero explanation. To add to the confusion with that card, they are claiming I have already been refunded by the merchant as they are seeing the refund posted back in April from CARNIVAL. Ugh. Have to follow up with them again on Monday because, unlike Capital One, they are only open Monday-Friday.

Mine was a little complicated. I did get an immediate refund for excursions and also got a refund for cheaper air which was credited to the wrong credit card. So it was a long conversation explaining charges.

1 hour ago, LDVinNC said:

Oh...lots of folks, myself included, have gotten provisional credits from their cc's.  What I was wondering was if Princess is doing actual refunds to people who filed disputes.

I filed a dispute on May 5th for cancellation on March 5 for May 4th cruise. Received full Princess refund today!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, trrn2016 said:

I filed a dispute on May 5th for cancellation on March 5 for May 4th cruise. Received full Princess refund today!

In your case, I think the dispute might have kicked them into action. Like me, you cancelled before Princess did. Yesterday I was told that this group would not be processed until after all of the Princess cancellations. My booking has not been touched (other than notes when I contacted them) since cancellation on March 10th.

22 minutes ago, Slotown said:

cancelled 4/11 cruise 3/5 and made claim via platinum ins/AON (for medical reasons).  Port fees $480 reimbursed 3/6. Then AON cancelled my claim and referred me back to Princess.  Filed 3/12 (option 2) at their invitation and given 30 day time frame, the 45, then 60.  Filed dispute 4/27 and given immediate 'provisional' reimbursement of final payment amount pending their resolution with Princess which also needs to include  deposit amounts and travel insurance amount initially made when cruise was booked.  Princess agrees with my figures(verified by telecon) and says they 'released' funds. Cap 1 show no record.  I hesitate to touch provisional payment as I have little faith in Princess at this time.  Best of luck to all.

Thanks for explaining.

Well hopefully you'll receive it by the 26 or 27th. Mine hit 8 days after they released it on the 15th. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I think this may be the number you are looking for:

RegionUS and Canada
Contact Emailmemberservices@paymode-x.com
Phone Number+1 877.443.6944
Phone HoursMonday - Friday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET

Is this a Princess number?

1 hour ago, cherylandtk said:

Maybe we shall meet on the road.  We were two doors down from you on the Sapphire from Singapore to Rome ( or was it Northern Lights??); you’re all the way east and we are pretty far west....but have RV, will travel!  And you can always come for Balloon Fiesta after it starts up again.

Northern Lights!!  Wasn't it wonderful!
Are you in NM?  Funny you should mention the Balloon Fiesta....Chuck used to fly Hot Air Balloons...I drove the chase car!  It was fun!

Edited by suzyed

8 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Thanks for explaining.

Well hopefully you'll receive it by the 26 or 27th. Mine hit 8 days after they released it on the 15th. 

At least you are getting communication and some iota of hope...we have gotten no info on refunds, FCCs.

5 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Is this a Princess number?

I believe it is the number for BottomLine Technology. This is the company that issues the cheques if Princess reimburses you that way.

1 hour ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I just got a letter from Chase online for one of my cards saying that the dispute was "resolved" in my favor .  There were 4 transactions, mostly related to an Alaska sailing on 5/30, which I canceled on 4/14 as part of Pause 2, and which I disputed in conjunction with all my other cruises on 5/5.  

That leaves another Chase card which I also disputed on 5/5.  That was for a 3/14 sailing which I canceled on 3/12 as part of Pause 1.  I do have provisional credits for that.

If you don't mind ... I am curious about something.  If at the beginning of the dispute you were sent a questionnaire and request for supporting documents to be submitted by fax, did you have a very long wait before they acknowledged receipt of you submission?  I have been trying since May 12th and there is no trace of my submission(s) I tried twice.