Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

2 hours ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

I think very few are uncomplicated, some pay with different cards so each has to be calculated, some with gift cards and bonus gift cards and don’t have old cards, some book airfare either flex or restricted, some book excursions, some order gifts, dinners, booze, water etc using different cards to pay. Some are doing chargebacks which need to be checked etc etc.

Unfortunately the uncomplicated ones fall in the pile with the complicated ones.  

I am not sure how complicated or uncomplicated really matters.

For example - in February, I had a price reduction in air that my TA had to call (after final payment). Princess had no problem before COVID-19 refunding the wrong credit card (paid for cruise with one and air with another). I don't care which credit card Princess credits - just credit it.

Also, about 2-3 weeks after the pause (we thought refunds were coming in 30 days), my TA called to confirm my refund amount. Even though I cancelled in penalty phase, they answered immediately with the amount and it was correct. Still not refunded.

I think their computers are "good enough" that most refunds previously were automatic. I can see that FCCs could be a little crazy, those booked on move over offers or those cancelled in the middle of the cruise but for everyone else, not as much. Most of it was automated at one time.

• Like 3

Just got off the latest webinar. Once again confirmed that ALL FCCs from pause 1 were complete, providing the choice of option 1/2 was received prior to April 30th. They stated that if you had not yet received it and had submitted your form to contact your TA or Princess. Any pause 1 forms submitted after April 30th would not be processed until after May 31st.

Additionally, they are no longer going by sailing date for refunds as this was causing further delays. Instead they are using a combination or cancellation date, sailing date, and circumstances of refund (I assume that means easy as opposed to complex).

An email will be going to anyone that cancelled cruises that would have been in pause 3 (forget the specific timeframe for cancellation) to include them in the double deposit offer if not paid in full and refund has not been received.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Additionally, they are no longer going by sailing date for refunds as this was causing further delays. Instead they are using a combination or cancellation date, sailing date, and circumstances of refund (I assume that means easy as opposed to complex).

Actually....this translates to "randomly"

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

Actually....this translates to "randomly"

The processing has to be keyed on something but this does seem to add complexity rather than simplification.  It's possible that they have added complexity to the process in order to dump exceptions into narrow buckets for manual handling - but that's a stretch.

9 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

The processing has to be keyed on something but this does seem to add complexity rather than simplification.  It's possible that they have added complexity to the process in order to dump exceptions into narrow buckets for manual handling - but that's a stretch.

They actually said that every single booking is handled manually. All automation has been switched off

33 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Just got off the latest webinar. Once again confirmed that ALL FCCs from pause 1 were complete, providing the choice of option 1/2 was received prior to April 30th. They stated that if you had not yet received it and had submitted your form to contact your TA or Princess. Any pause 1 forms submitted after April 30th would not be processed until after May 31st.

An email will be going to anyone that cancelled cruises that would have been in pause 3 (forget the specific timeframe for cancellation) to include them in the double deposit offer if not paid in full and refund has not been received.

Thanks for the summary.  They are NOT done with Option 1 yet from phase 1 and I sure hope someone spoke up.  Our friends were on the same cruise as us (May 9) and sent in their form for Option 1 immediately on March 12th.  Since then they have heard nothing.  And we are still waiting for our remaining refund and FCCs as we cancelled two days before the pause.  At least I got an email about that a couple weeks ago so I knew we aren't forgotten but I am going to relay what you said to our friends.

Received another email from Princess apologizing for the delay with promises for a refund... Filed a dispute with Chase credit card. Within a week got all of my money back from Chase (the dispute was resolved in my favor). I booked through TA and paid in full back in Sep 2019.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Thanks fir the webinar update. However either they are wrong in stating ALL FCCs from pause 1 have been handled for forms sent in before April31 OR they have but I got missed.

Anyone else NOT see their FCC yet from

Pause 1? ( option 1 or 2 .. I was option 2)

im trying to avoid phoning princess as you were told in webinar. 

Sorry azbirdmom.. we posted at same time.

Edited by remydiva

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

They actually said that every single booking is handled manually. All automation has been switched off

I'd heard that the CC refunds were being done manually and that wasn't too surprising.  If they are doing everything manually that could go either way.  They see the light at the end of the tunnel or what's left is really a mess.

7 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Thanks for the summary.  They are NOT done with Option 1 yet from phase 1 and I sure hope someone spoke up.  Our friends were on the same cruise as us (May 9) and sent in their form for Option 1 immediately on March 12th.  Since then they have heard nothing.  And we are still waiting for our remaining refund and FCCs as we cancelled two days before the pause.  At least I got an email about that a couple weeks ago so I knew we aren't forgotten but I am going to relay what you said to our friends.

Have your friends called?  We've had occasion to do so half a dozen times during this 'event', never been on hold more than a couple of minutes and always were satisfied.  I can't say the same for Celebrity and Royal.

1 minute ago, cltnccruisers said:

Have your friends called?  We've had occasion to do so half a dozen times during this 'event', never been on hold more than a couple of minutes and always were satisfied.  I can't say the same for Celebrity and Royal.

They have and were just told it's taking time blah blah blah.  Just reached out to our TA again on their behalf to see if she has any more luck.

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

knowledgeable and efficient Rep.  She confirmed that March cancellations had been processed and Aprils were being worked.

Cant be that knowledgeable  otherwise she would know about  all the folks on this forum who havent heard anything about their March cancellations despite emailing at least onece a week!

4 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Cant be that knowledgeable  otherwise she would know about  all the folks on this forum who havent heard anything about their March cancellations despite emailing at least onece a week!

I've never gotten any response other than automated from email - always had better luck calling.  So how many unprocessed March cancellations are there?  Just going by the forums it doesn't seem more than a dozen.

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Just got off the latest webinar. Once again confirmed that ALL FCCs from pause 1 were complete, providing the choice of option 1/2 was received prior to April 30th...…. 

Not true.  Why do they keep saying things like this?  I have not received the FCCs on either of two cruises. I have received the FCDs on one cruise but not the other.

7 minutes ago, joe d said:

Not true.  Why do they keep saying things like this?  I have not received the FCCs on either of two cruises. I have received the FCDs on one cruise but not the other.

Just wondering, but do the US, UK and Canada possibly us different websites and processes?  If so, that could have some bearing on all this.

30 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

So how many unprocessed March cancellations are there?  Just going by the forums it doesn't seem more than a dozen.

I'd guess that these forums represent a very, very small proportion of cruisers who are owed money.

@remydiva @azbirdmom Like you, I am part of pause 1 and received no FCC or refund yet. I just called (as the webinar said). The reservation agent confirmed that I was listed as option 1 request. She was also able to see that the original FCC amount was on the account, even though I am not able to see or access it. The original amount was for the cancellation fee as I cancelled 2 days prior to Princess cancelling. Nothing had been done on the booking since then. She passed me on to customer relations. They told me that the "compassionate" considerations (this is apparently what they are calling those of us who cancelled prior to Princess but included in the pauses) were processed separately from the others. Not surprised to hear this. She then confirmed that nothing had been done on my booking and said that it should have been processed as it was among the first of the cancelled voyages. I told her that I had an email from customer relations stating it had been processed April 29th. She went back through the notes and found the email but said it was incorrect - it had not been processed, only documented. She said she suspected it had been missed and promised to email the correct department and call me before end of day tomorrow to let me know the status. I doubt very much I will receive the call. Just another layer of frustration.

Note - they never said on the webinar that REFUNDS had been completed for pause 1, only FCCs. I know that neither of you implied that, but just clarifying for other posters.

• Like 1

After cancelling our March 21 Caribbean cruise on March 8,  I received my Princess compensation booking receipt on March 12 (selected Option 2).

I called Princess last night to check the status -- they told me that they didn't receive my option request (even though they had replied to it), and that I had been "defaulted" to Option 1.

The Princess agent on the phone switched it back to Option 2, but I don't know if this re-sets the clock. She said "you should be getting something very soon."

....but who knows?

6 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

@remydiva @azbirdmom Like you, I am part of pause 1 and received no FCC or refund yet. I just called (as the webinar said). The reservation agent confirmed that I was listed as option 1 request. She was also able to see that the original FCC amount was on the account, even though I am not able to see or access it. The original amount was for the cancellation fee as I cancelled 2 days prior to Princess cancelling. Nothing had been done on the booking since then. She passed me on to customer relations. They told me that the "compassionate" considerations (this is apparently what they are calling those of us who cancelled prior to Princess but included in the pauses) were processed separately from the others. Not surprised to hear this. She then confirmed that nothing had been done on my booking and said that it should have been processed as it was among the first of the cancelled voyages. I told her that I had an email from customer relations stating it had been processed April 29th. She went back through the notes and found the email but said it was incorrect - it had not been processed, only documented. She said she suspected it had been missed and promised to email the correct department and call me before end of day tomorrow to let me know the status. I doubt very much I will receive the call. Just another layer of frustration.

Note - they never said on the webinar that REFUNDS had been completed for pause 1, only FCCs. I know that neither of you implied that, but just clarifying for other posters.

. They told me that the "compassionate" considerations (this is apparently what they are calling those of us who cancelled prior to Princess but included in the pauses) were processed separately 
Thanks fir phoning ; I’m sure we’d all get the same info or not?🙄

but yet another new term ‘compassionate considerations’!!!

heh I think those of us who bailed cuz we saw the writing on the wall 6 days before princess pulled the plug should go to front of line for being clairvoyant! Haha

ok well no where to go anyways so guess I’ll just order more books from amazon and wait it out.

Edited by remydiva
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hellopuppies said:

We are on the same sailing, March 26 Crown Princess TA. We chose Option 1 on March 12 through our travel agent and got confirmation on the same day.

We only got 175% FCC shown on our accounts on April 21, base on the cruise fare only and excluding the EZAir, Port Fees and Taxes. My travel agent followed up with Princess saying that it would be credit to my credit card in 60 days (actually on the March 12 cancellation policy Princess quoted in 30 days)

It's more than 60 days by now, just wonder the choice of Option 1 and 2 makes the different. Anyone on the same sailing have any inputs will be appreciated.

Hope all of us will get our refund back asap. Fingers crossed.

We were also on the March 26 Crown TA - B2B Europe Odyssey & selected Option 1. Received 175% FCC on April 20 and 150%FCC on April 21st. Still waiting for the cc credit for EZAir, taxes, port charges, etc. Spoke to Princess on 5-6 and was told the credit should be showing on my card any day now. Still trying to be patient, but feel a little better now that I'm seeing others receiving their credits. I'll wait to next week before I call again. 

We are on the same sailing, March 26 Crown Princess TA. We chose Option 1 on March 12 through our travel agent and got confirmation on the same day.

We only got 175% FCC shown on our accounts on April 21, base on the cruise fare only and excluding the EZAir, Port Fees and Taxes. My travel agent followed up with Princess saying that it would be credit to my credit card in 60 days (actually on the March 12 cancellation policy Princess quoted in 30 days)

It's more than 60 days by now, just wonder the choice of Option 1 and 2 makes the different. Anyone on the same sailing have any inputs will be appreciated.

We were on the March 26 Crown TA and B2B Europe Odyssey. We also selected Option 1. Received the 175%

FCC on April 20 & 150% FCC for the 2nd leg on April 21st. I called Princess on May 6th to see the status of my cc credit for EZair, taxes, port charges, etc. I was told that it should show up on my card within days. Still waiting. I am encouraged to see that some have received their cc credits. I'm trying to remain patient & will wait another week to call again for a status update. I am hoping the call won't be necessary. 

11 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

She said she suspected it had been missed and promised to email the correct department and call me before end of day tomorrow to let me know the status. I doubt very much I will receive the call. Just another layer of frustration.

I truly hope you are surprised and she follows up with you tomorrow.  I'd hate to think that our experiences in that are the exception rather than the rule.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cltnccruisers said:

I truly hope you are surprised and she follows up with you tomorrow.  I'd hate to think that our experiences in that are the exception rather than the rule.

I will keep you posted!