Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

1 hour ago, bazshirl2 said:

Thanks for that info- good news.

We were due to leave the same day on the Sun for 15 days to PNG. Was that your cruise too and did you book direct through Princess or through a TA ? We have received FCC due but no refund yet. Booked through a TA.

We were due to board the Ruby Princess to Fiji.

We booked direct with Princess. I also lodged a dispute via my credit card provider on 21st April.  Not sure if that action hurried the process along.

You might be able to check with your TA if they have received the cancellation notice email from Princess.  It seems that once this has been generated, your refund is processed shortly thereafter.

Just got an email from Princess -  We want to make it up to you.  We know you are disappointed that your Alaska cruise was cancelled but rebook today for 2021 and you will receive $300 OBC. 

No thanks Princess.  No new booking from us, until you refund the deposit for my cancelled Alaskan Cruise....

• Like 10

2 hours ago, JJG99 said:

I'm sorry but I don't understand your reply!!

I chose option #1 when Princess cancelled our cruise and I have received 225% of the base cruise fare, which is what I was expecting.

I did not ask for a cash refund.

My TA confirmed today that I can use the future cruise credit that is attached to my Captains Circle account on a future cruise after I have paid a deposit (as Princess has stated several times that the FCC cannot be used as your deposit- and I am fine with that).

If the FCC value that I have on my Captain Circle account is "just a number in a computer" then the future cruise deposit that I also have showing in my account must also be "just a number" and I know that is not true as I have had FCD attached to several of my previous bookings.

We are looking forward to booking more cruises with both Princess and HAL and will be using our FCC on those bookings.

You got your refund in the form of a FCC

some on here are stressed out about not getting their cash refund for Option 2. 
congrats, happy for you!

1 hour ago, darknightsdespiser said:

I cancelled our 13 June cruise on 18 March and have heard nothing; part of me wants to hold off hoping there will be a FCC bribe but would it now (at 66 days) be best to contact the credit card?

call TA or Princess first ask for status of your refund

you are only one who can decide if cc dispute is next step, 

but find out what your credit card terms are : you did not receive cruise you paid for. Princess cancelled. Have all receipts, cancellation, emails etc to support your dispute. 

Finally a small step forward. We had back to back cruises on April 18 and 25. I cancelled on March 11 and then again on March 12. I just received a cancellation notice and had our FCD's returned to our account on the first cruise. I was hoping they would have included the FCD's in our refund.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dog said:

call TA or Princess first ask for status of your refund

you are only one who can decide if cc dispute is next step, 

but find out what your credit card terms are : you did not receive cruise you paid for. Princess cancelled. Have all receipts, cancellation, emails etc to support your dispute. 

Thanks dog; tried calling them last week, hour in a queue and got through to someone in America who had no idea how far along they are

51 minutes ago, darknightsdespiser said:

Thanks dog; tried calling them last week, hour in a queue and got through to someone in America who had no idea how far along they are

Keep proof, dates, times you tried. In case you dispute 

Okay I emailed them and also called them. They have asked me to be patient. At their request, will call them around the end of May. Maybe I will have received my refund by that time which will be more than 60 days.

17 hours ago, Mackenzie1 said:

Thanks, npcl. I spoke with the disputes Department for Chase today, and they said that they have a record of the dispute that I filed two weeks ago, but that they had not gotten to it yet to process it. I guess Chase is so back logged, that I’m only somewhere in line to have it processed. Kudos to those who jumped on the dispute path earlier. 

I filed a dispute with Chase online on May 1. Today I received a notice that it has been resolved in my favor. I have not yet disputed the charges, such as the deposit, that were too old to dispute online. I was hoping to avoid a phone call and thought a dispute might prompt Princess to look at the entire account. 

• Like 1

I've been following this thread off and on; I received my refund yesterday (5/18) for a cruise that was scheduled to sail on April 3.

I had requested the refund on March 15 after Princess cancelled the cruise, and when I called to check on the status a few days ago was told the refund had been processed on April 15. 

Just passing this along as an FYI; it is an very long time to wait for a refund and raises concerns about the financial stability of the company, so I can certainly understand why someone would file a dispute with their credit card company - I was preparing to do so. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LAnn said:

I've been following this thread off and on; I received my refund yesterday (5/18) for a cruise that was scheduled to sail on April 3.

I had requested the refund on March 15 after Princess cancelled the cruise, and when I called to check on the status a few days ago was told the refund had been processed on April 15. 

Just passing this along as an FYI; it is an very long time to wait for a refund and raises concerns about the financial stability of the company, so I can certainly understand why someone would file a dispute with their credit card company - I was preparing to do so. 

If they really processed it on April 15th, then they must have staggered the actual dates to be repaid over a long period of time.  I have been wondering if most of these have already been processed and not released yet.  It wouldn't take that long for a credit card company to apply the refund to your account.  Hoping to hear more reports like your's!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LAnn said:

Thanks for giving a little hope.  My canceled cruise was April 5th and refund request submitted March 12th.  Hopefully mine is right behind yours.

44 minutes ago, LAnn said:

Great news. This, and the others that have received refunds does confirm that they are definitely NOT processing by sailing date! Still nothing here for March 14th. But happy to hear that at least some of you are getting money back.

• Like 1

We had a Panama Canal booked the end of March, FCC with option 1 given back as cruise credit, but the EZair our travel agent says she was told today that it goes into  an account to be booked for future air even with speaking to a supervisor.  First I have heard of this.  She asked if it could be used as credit on a future cruise we had booked next year and was told no for future air only.  

Anyone had this one come up?

Thanks in advance

Diane

3 minutes ago, PrincessDano said:

We had a Panama Canal booked the end of March, FCC with option 1 given back as cruise credit, but the EZair our travel agent says she was told today that it goes into  an account to be booked for future air even with speaking to a supervisor.  First I have heard of this.  She asked if it could be used as credit on a future cruise we had booked next year and was told no for future air only.  

Anyone had this one come up?

Thanks in advance

Diane

You can request back any refundable amounts as a refund - no telling how long that would actually take! With EZ Air, it would depend if it was flexible or restricted. I would either contact Princess direct (they have been waiving the need to do it through your TA in many instances currently) or have your TA follow up again.

7 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

You can request back any refundable amounts as a refund - no telling how long that would actually take! With EZ Air, it would depend if it was flexible or restricted. I would either contact Princess direct (they have been waiving the need to do it through your TA in many instances currently) or have your TA follow up again.

I had spoke with Princess Sunday and was told that it was linked to 2 bookings and my TA had to call about it.  She did this morning and was told the above, and emailed me that I would have to call to dispute it.  

Diane

1 hour ago, PrincessDano said:

I had spoke with Princess Sunday and was told that it was linked to 2 bookings and my TA had to call about it.  She did this morning and was told the above, and emailed me that I would have to call to dispute it.  

Diane

This is direct from One Source (the TA portal for Princess):

What if a guest has Princess EZair on their booking? Is that covered too?

It depends; for Flexible Air, any outstanding cancellation fees will be added to the FCC. For Restricted Air, there may be a credit issued by the airline, which will become a separate Future Air Credit for that airline that can be used when booking their Princess Cruise (the credit only applies to that airline). The balance of the air cost paid will be added to their FCC.

Items on Original Booking

How $$ is Refunded or Credited

Bonus FCC- Ready to Book

Bonus FCC - Not Ready to Book Immediately

*if guest wants refund of TF&PE, PVP, Transfers, Air, Hotel No Need to Call

Refund - Not Ready to Rebook Immediately

*No need to call

Refund - Ready to Book Immediately

Cruise/Cruisetour Fare

Converted to FCC

Converted to FCC

Refunded to Guest

Moved to holding account*

Air- flex & restricted

Refunded to Guest

Hotels

Refunded to Guest

Transfers

Moved to new booking*

Refunded to Guest

TF&PE

Moved to new booking*

Moved to holding account*, will be refunded if no new bkg

Refunded to Guest

PVP

Moved to new booking*

Refunded to Guest

Prepaid Shore Ex & Special Services

Refunded to Guest. Must be reapplied to new booking.

Refunded to Guest

Refunded to Guest

Promo OBCs and Value items

No Refund, No Transfer

No Refund, No Transfer

No Refund, No Transfer

No Refund, No Transfer

FCDs applied

FCD removed from booking and if expired, it will be refunded.    

FCCs applied

FCC removed from the booking. Expiration dates extended to 01May22.

FCC removed from the booking.  Expiration dates extended to 01May22.

*Guest can request refund

Maybe you had restricted air rather than flexible? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

This is direct from One Source (the TA portal for Princess):

What if a guest has Princess EZair on their booking? Is that covered too?

It depends; for Flexible Air, any outstanding cancellation fees will be added to the FCC. For Restricted Air, there may be a credit issued by the airline, which will become a separate Future Air Credit for that airline that can be used when booking their Princess Cruise (the credit only applies to that airline). The balance of the air cost paid will be added to their FCC.

Items on Original Booking

How $$ is Refunded or Credited

Bonus FCC- Ready to Book

Bonus FCC - Not Ready to Book Immediately

*if guest wants refund of TF&PE, PVP, Transfers, Air, Hotel No Need to Call

Refund - Not Ready to Rebook Immediately

*No need to call

Refund - Ready to Book Immediately

Cruise/Cruisetour Fare

Converted to FCC

Converted to FCC

Refunded to Guest

Air- flex & restricted

Refunded to Guest

Hotels

Refunded to Guest

Transfers

Moved to new booking*

Refunded to Guest

TF&PE

Moved to new booking*

Moved to holding account*, will be refunded if no new bkg

Refunded to Guest

PVP

Moved to new booking*

Refunded to Guest

Prepaid Shore Ex & Special Services

Refunded to Guest

Refunded to Guest

Promo OBCs and Value items

No Refund, No Transfer

No Refund, No Transfer

No Refund, No Transfer

No Refund, No Transfer

FCDs applied

FCCs applied

FCC removed from the booking.  Expiration dates extended to 01May22.

*Guest can request refund

Maybe you had restricted air rather than flexible? 

I generally only book flexible not restricted but I’ll have to look when I get home.  Thanks for the info, much appreciated 

Diane

We received our cruise fare and ports fees back to our credit card today.  No easyair fares, which

were over 8,000us, flex-air.  Delta had contacted us in early April and said that Princess had

received the monies from the cancelled air at that time.  Princess, now says that they

can no longer see the air, so no refund.  I will turn this mess over to our credit card company

to deal with

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, PrincessDano said:

I generally only book flexible not restricted but I’ll have to look when I get home.  Thanks for the info, much appreciated 

Diane

Good luck. Princess left hand doesn't appear to know what the right hand is doing right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bcnvcanada said:

We received our cruise fare and ports fees back to our credit card today.  No easyair fares, which

were over 8,000us, flex-air.  Delta had contacted us in early April and said that Princess had

received the monies from the cancelled air at that time.  Princess, now says that they

can no longer see the air, so no refund.  I will turn this mess over to our credit card company

to deal with

Princess cannot see the air, so no refund?!!!!  How horrible 😱   Did they emailed you a receipt when you first paid them?   Now I am worried about my excursions.... Princess changed the route before they cancelled my cruise.... you know when they changed route, my paid excursions also disappeared.... but at least I have an email receipts from Princess for reservation.  

This is such a mess!!!!

I was curious so I just went over to the Carnival people to see how their refunds are going.  I only read one thread,  but it looks like people there ARE receiving their refunds.  Hopefully Princess will get it in gear soon.

From that thread:

"Well here is part of my theory.  They have been doing some processing all along but just didn't submit for payment.  There were little to no refunds for several weeks and now many people are reporting refunds either partial or total. 

Something tells me they were sitting on many of the refunds until just recently.  I mean everyone saying they hadn't received a refund and then a large number reporting they have now received it.  If it was because of the volume of refunds some should have been being done all along.  Then suddenly all kinds of refunds!  They sure did pick up their ability to process suddenly. "

Edited by Mikel1733
punctuation
  • Like 2