Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

Hello

I cancelled my booking for my cruise on sky  princess which was supposed to sail on 28th May 2020. I have still not received any refund on my card. I had paid for two cabins and had paid in full. Would appreciate some advice on how to get the money back.

6 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

My sail date was 4/11 and I submitted the refund option on 3/13, the day after I received the cancelation notice.

Wow... thanks.... my sail date was 4/25...  submitted my option on 3/16... so .. by the end of the month?  dare I hope? 😫

Thanks so much for responding so quickly🙏

1 minute ago, mfajxc99 said:

Wow... thanks.... my sail date was 4/25...  submitted my option on 3/16... so .. by the end of the month?  dare I hope? 😫

Thanks so much for responding so quickly🙏

You can always call them and ask for an update. Good luck!

51 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

My sail date was 4/11 and I submitted the refund option on 3/13, the day after I received the cancelation notice.

Our sail date was 4/12 with form submitted also on 3/13.  You're getting our hopes up.  😃

Still waiting for my CC refund for our cancelled May 4th cruise. Planning to dispute it later this week.

On a side note, I disputed a statue of Liberty cruise tour with Statue Cruise in New York caused I didn't get a refund(about $67) after about 3 weeks in March. I disputed in 4/2/2020 and finally today my credit became permanent. I recall one person on another thread said he lost the dispute of about 12K in cruise. I don't know how the merchant won it especially the company has said they cancelled the cruises and intend to issue refund to people. 

Just called Princess and inquired about the status of our refund.  March 22 cruise. We picked option 2 on the day they announced pause 1.  Still not showing as processed.  But the rep gave me the standard "we are going by sailing date starting with earliest cruises first" and she me told ours was one of the earliest.  I told her I had read that ppl with cruises after ours had already received refunds, but she couldn't explain it.  To her credit, she was very sweet and took her time looking over everything and confirming the amount of FCC for our kids (as we can't see it since they don't have their own Princess accounts).  

While the fact that ppl who picked option 2 without disputing are finally seeing refunds is good news, I'm frustrated that they keep saying it is going by sailing date order when that clearly is not the case. 

*I did ask if Princess was also being affected by CC's furlough of employees, and the rep confirmed that about 50% of Princess employees have been furloughed. 

I just got the oddest email from Princess with the heading 'CANCELLATION NOTIFICATION' 

Attached is an invoice that looks like when you book and pay...see attached.

It says my April 19 cruise was cancelled (duh) and that I have no cancellation fees.

But it lists a bunch of numbers that make no sense.

I quickly logged onto Princess account and voila, my FDC and FCC attached TO THE FDC is there but NO EXTRA 25% as per Option 2 that I chose on Mar 12.

I then checked credit card and no money there.

So...progress on from Mar 12 to May 18....Option 2 chosen but NO REFUND AND NO 25% extra FCC

BUT my FCD that I had 'used' to book said cancelled cruise is now back in my account ..before it was just GONE.

ps my account a little bit complicated in that we cancelled Mar 6 in the 50% 'penalty' phase so got approx 50% back already. The other 50% however we are waiting for Princess in Option 2. 

Anyone else get this sort of email?

Untitled.jpg

May 18.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

I just called Princess to confirm if the refund was issued on 5/15 and it was issued. They have completed it. I called my bank and they said it will post within 5 business says.

Great news - please do come back and let us know if/when you get the actual money in your account!

• Like 1

We were on the March 1 Regal sailing that was delayed 16 hrs. I submitted a reimbursement request on March 13 for the hotel and airfare change.  Princess called on April 28 and verified the info.  They told me it would be 6-8 weeks for my check.  I got it today.  No OBC refund yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SCOOTERNINJA said:

I think we would be very interested in  hearing when you actually receive the money in your account.  Would you mind coming back here and sharing when you received the money in your account or letting us know if you don't receive that by say the end of this week?

I will be sure to report back if I actually receive it or not, at this point I see no reason for it not to post. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, npcl said:

Talk with disputes directly.  The first line customer services really do not know anything about disputes.

The normal process if you opened one by talking with customer service is by passing you to disputes  (last week it was about a 40 minute wait). They will start the case and send you a form. Once the form is sent you have 2 weeks to complete the form and send it back along with any documentation that you have.  Then they will review the form and documentation and at that time send you a letter, post the credit in your account (pending completion of process), and notify Princess of the dispute.

If you have not filled out the form and signed it, you do not have a dispute officially opened.  It requires a signed document.

Thanks, npcl. I spoke with the disputes Department for Chase today, and they said that they have a record of the dispute that I filed two weeks ago, but that they had not gotten to it yet to process it. I guess Chase is so back logged, that I’m only somewhere in line to have it processed. Kudos to those who jumped on the dispute path earlier. 

3 hours ago, LDVinNC said:

"Processed" does not seem to mean a refund has been issued!

Called today and the rep was unable to tell me ANYTHING at all about our FCCs for our March 5th cruise. 
I don’t get it!

Edited by suzyed

1 hour ago, remydiva said:

I just got the oddest email from Princess with the heading 'CANCELLATION NOTIFICATION' 

Attached is an invoice that looks like when you book and pay...see attached.

It says my April 19 cruise was cancelled (duh) and that I have no cancellation fees.

But it lists a bunch of numbers that make no sense.

I quickly logged onto Princess account and voila, my FDC and FCC attached TO THE FDC is there but NO EXTRA 25% as per Option 2 that I chose on Mar 12.

I then checked credit card and no money there.

So...progress on from Mar 12 to May 18....Option 2 chosen but NO REFUND AND NO 25% extra FCC

BUT my FCD that I had 'used' to book said cancelled cruise is now back in my account ..before it was just GONE.

ps my account a little bit complicated in that we cancelled Mar 6 in the 50% 'penalty' phase so got approx 50% back already. The other 50% however we are waiting for Princess in Option 2. 

Anyone else get this sort of email?

Untitled.jpg

May 18.jpg

I haven't received this - just the original cancellation notice with the cancellation fees. Princess sent a weird email out to TAs last week that I have asked for clarification on as it made no sense. It basically said that an offer had been emailed to clients that cancelled cruises prior to the pause ( didn't specify which pause) and had opted for a refund, Since their refunds had not yet been processed, they were being offered the same "Double Your Deposit" offer as those in the latest pause. It then gave a link to a form to request that offer rather than refund, but the link went to a form that forfeited FCC for refund. It also didn't state which cancellations it applied to, so really made no sense.

9 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I haven't received this - just the original cancellation notice with the cancellation fees. Princess sent a weird email out to TAs last week that I have asked for clarification on as it made no sense. It basically said that an offer had been emailed to clients that cancelled cruises prior to the pause ( didn't specify which pause) and had opted for a refund, Since their refunds had not yet been processed, they were being offered the same "Double Your Deposit" offer as those in the latest pause. It then gave a link to a form to request that offer rather than refund, but the link went to a form that forfeited FCC for refund. It also didn't state which cancellations it applied to, so really made no sense.

I cancelled before the first pause and I never got an email.

I had a June 9th British Isles cruise, so it appears this date wouldn't be refunded until 60-90 days after June 9th. That is an unacceptable timeline. I filed a dispute with AMEX 10 days ago. Today, I have received all of the money from AMEX, including the deposit made last June. The $$ is back in my savings account and I am thrilled not to have that worry any longer.

Because the credit card dispute process was so quick, I feel like anyone who is owed a lot of money should try going in that direction.

Good luck to you all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tonit964 said:

I think it's the same thing. 

Following is transcript of an online chat about a refund of EzAir when I booked a cheaper flight. This was in January and I found out then that Princess didn't automatically issue refunds unless it was requested by either the person or the TA. This might give perspective into timing of process and refunds.

"Refunds typically take less than one week to process. After the refund is processed, the credit takes 10 to 15 business days to appear on the passenger's credit card. However, if you're booked through a travel agent, you'll need to double check the refunds with them."

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Coral said:

Check with TA - she had mine but hadn't sent it to me earlier because it raised more question than it answered.  It was dated back to March 10th - the date we cancelled our May 9th cruise.  And it had a lot of cancellation fees which will be wiped out when they do their reprocessing of option 2 folks who cancelled on their own.  Have her check her email from Princess on the date your cancelled. 

1 hour ago, Coral said:

I never got anything as a customer, either. This came out to TAs but was yet another example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing. Not only did it not make sense, but the form it was asking us to submit to encourage clients to take FCC rather than refunds was ACTUALLY a form to forfeit an FCC and request a refund! Unbelievable!

57 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Check with TA - she had mine but hadn't sent it to me earlier because it raised more question than it answered.  It was dated back to March 10th - the date we cancelled our May 9th cruise.  And it had a lot of cancellation fees which will be wiped out when they do their reprocessing of option 2 folks who cancelled on their own.  Have her check her email from Princess on the date your cancelled. 

I was referring to Celiah1's email that she mentioned was revealed to TA's last week.

I did get the email with cancellation fees from our TA after I asked for it. This was sent right after I cancelled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billco said:

Following is transcript of an online chat about a refund of EzAir when I booked a cheaper flight. This was in January and I found out then that Princess didn't automatically issue refunds unless it was requested by either the person or the TA. This might give perspective into timing of process and refunds.

I had two refunds on EZ Air and had to have TA ask for refunds both times in January/February time frame.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boristhecat said:

Hi we had a cruise booked departing Sydney on March 21st.

FCC received May 7th.

Cancellation notice from Princess 12th May.

Refund on credit card May 18th.

Thank you for clear concise summary of your refund process . 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Boristhecat said:

Hi we had a cruise booked departing Sydney on March 21st.

FCC received May 7th.

Cancellation notice from Princess 12th May.

Refund on credit card May 18th.

Thanks for that info- good news.

We were due to leave the same day on the Sun for 15 days to PNG. Was that your cruise too and did you book direct through Princess or through a TA ? We have received FCC due but no refund yet. Booked through a TA.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tonit964 said:

I will be sure to report back if I actually receive it or not, at this point I see no reason for it not to post. 

I think I will wait upto the weekend.  Let's see if I get something by then.

23 hours ago, FiftyOnePlus said:

To be fair....you still havent seen it.
FCC in your personaliser is just a number in a computer.  Its not a refund.
You can use it to book a cruise with next year, and they could cancel that cruise......its just a way of stalling actual cash refunds.

You have not received a refund.

I'm sorry but I don't understand your reply!!

I chose option #1 when Princess cancelled our cruise and I have received 225% of the base cruise fare, which is what I was expecting.

I did not ask for a cash refund.

My TA confirmed today that I can use the future cruise credit that is attached to my Captains Circle account on a future cruise after I have paid a deposit (as Princess has stated several times that the FCC cannot be used as your deposit- and I am fine with that).

If the FCC value that I have on my Captain Circle account is "just a number in a computer" then the future cruise deposit that I also have showing in my account must also be "just a number" and I know that is not true as I have had FCD attached to several of my previous bookings.

We are looking forward to booking more cruises with both Princess and HAL and will be using our FCC on those bookings.

• Like 1