Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

1 minute ago, Mikel1733 said:

I was curious so I just went over to the Carnival people to see how their refunds are going.  I only read one thread,  but it looks like people there ARE receiving their refunds.  Hopefully Princess will get it in gear soon.

From that thread:

Well here is part of my theory.  They have been doing some processing all along but just didn't submit for payment.  There were little to no refunds for several weeks and now many people are reporting refunds either partial or total. 

Something tells me they were sitting on many of the refunds until just recently.  I mean everyone saying they hadn't received a refund and then a large number reporting they have now received it.  If it was because of the volume of refunds some should have been being done all along.  Then suddenly all kinds of refunds!  They sure did pick up their ability to process suddenly. 

I had a Carnival cruise March 21st. I cancelled the same day as my Princess cruise. Carnival refunded me in full within 30 days. Princess hasn't even managed an FCC or partial refund in 70 days. The Princess cruise was a week earlier than the Carnival one.

Was about to lodge a dispute with my CC company but just got the full credit tonight for our March 21 cruise on the Caribbean Princess ! Very happy and hope that means all of you on this cruise are about to be reimbursed.  Still waiting to see the 100% FCC but that was less of an urgent concern for us.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I never post, but these boards have been a huge help with the cruises we have taken so wanted to share.  We were set to sail April 4th on Sky and submitted our option 2 request March 12th.  The full refund showed up on our credit card yesterday.  We received our FCC a few weeks ago.  I hope this means full refunds are coming for others. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone, some good news regarding my canceled April 5th cruise on the Regal.  I took the refund option and one credit card got a partial refund yesterday.  I reconciled the refund breakdown with Princess this morning and was told the rest is in progress and perfectly reconciled.

Edited by Ereggae
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ereggae said:

Good morning everyone, some good news regarding my canceled April 5th cruise on the Regal.  I took the refund option and one credit card got a partial refund yesterday.  I reconciled the refund breakdown with Princess this morning and was told the rest is in progress and perfectly reconciled.

It sounds like the refunds are coming :)

• Like 4

21 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Great news. This, and the others that have received refunds does confirm that they are definitely NOT processing by sailing date! Still nothing here for March 14th. But happy to hear that at least some of you are getting money back.

Today I am seeing a few more refunds re: March show up on fb Princess Info.  site. Good luck. 

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

Our cruise was supposed to be on the Ruby departing April 4 from Sydney to Vancouver. We did not cancel our cruise but decided to wait for Princess to cancel. We selected option 2 on the first day we could. We received our 50% FCC on April 23. This morning 100% of the amount we paid appeared on our CC [posted May 15] including our Business class airfare from Toronto. We never contacted Princess nor our CC company.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

GOT our refund on credit card!!!  All of it!! Over$6,000 !!  Took option 2 on March12 for cruise scheduled for March28. This is 60 business days.  I am sooo happy!! We also did not dispute with bank nor did we contact Princess

Edited by riffatsea
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Our cruise was scheduled for April 5th.  I made the request for Option 2 on March 12th.  Just now the amount for the cruise + EZ Air has been credited to our account.  This is good news, yes.  We are still owed the funds for 4 excursions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tinkerbell83 said:

I never post, but these boards have been a huge help with the cruises we have taken so wanted to share.  We were set to sail April 4th on Sky and submitted our option 2 request March 12th.  The full refund showed up on our credit card yesterday.  We received our FCC a few weeks ago.  I hope this means full refunds are coming for others. 

We were booked on the same cruise and I received the refund on the two cabins and the two tours we had booked for our grandchildren last week on my credit card and back in my checking account this past Monday.

So happy!

Howard

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Happy to see refunds are starting to come, though still not sure why I have still not seen anything from a March 14th sailing. For those of you that had refunds post this week, what date was listed as the actual refund date? I'm trying to get a sense of the timeframe between "processed" and "received".

Thanks

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Wow ... looks like some refunds are starting to roll in.  So reassuring!!  

I really believe this is how Princess will regain confidence from their passengers to book with them again in the future.  

well obliviously based on facts and circumstances at the time of final payment in mid-September … this is encouraging 

• Like 2

I also received my FCC on 5/15 and today my credit appeared on my credit card also dated 5/15.  My cruise was 3/15 Panama Canal cruise. So appeared 2 month to the day. Still missing 200 for the FCD’s but hoping that will catch up. We received the port fees and excursions refund on 3/20. We canceled on 3/10 so those fees I believe were processed before the 3/12 cancellation. But this is good news hopefully for those of you still waiting. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, calimn said:

Still missing 200 for the FCD’s

Unless you specifically asked for these to be cancelled and you didnt board the cruise

they would normally be put back into your Captains circle account?

• Like 1

I, too, am very happy to announce our Option 2 Refund showed up in our credit card account this morning.  The actual "post date" from Princess was May 15 but did not show up until this morning, May 20, on our statement and we have checked for it Every.Single.Day. for weeks now.

Princess cancelled our March 26 Crown Princess TA cruise on March 12. We chose Option 2 on March 12 with confirmation on March 13. 

We received the Cruise Fare, EZ Air, Princess Vacation Insurance, Port Fees and Taxes.  I will have to contact the Princess gift card people for the $200 we used at final payment for a new card (I threw away the original gift card as I thought why do I need to keep empty cards?!?!).

Also, no 50% FCC in either of our Princess FCC Accounts, but I'll wait a few days before I inquire about that. I'm just thrilled we got what we got as I was seriously having doubts.....

Edited by cujosmom
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cujosmom said:

I, too, am very happy to announce our Option 2 Refund showed up in our credit card account this morning.  The actual "post date" from Princess was May 15 but did not show up until this morning, May 20, on our statement and we have checked for it Every.Single.Day. for weeks now.

Princess cancelled our March 26 Crown Princess TA cruise on March 12. We chose Option 2 on March 12 with confirmation on March 13. 

We received the Cruise Fare, EZ Air, Princess Vacation Insurance, Port Fees and Taxes.  I will have to contact the Princess gift card people for the $200 we used at final payment for a new card (I threw away the original gift card as I thought why do I need to keep empty cards?!?!).

Also, no 50% FCC in either of our Princess FCC Accounts, but I'll wait a few days before I inquire about that. I'm just thrilled we got what we got as I was seriously have my doubts.....

I think a Princess post date of May 15 to hitting your account on May 20 is pretty darn good.  Your CC company uses that time to process the transaction - they aren't going to just accept it out of hand.  Got our FCC for our April 12 cancellation weeks ago - expecting the refund portion before the end of May.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cujosmom said:

Thanks for the report! Posts like yours give me hope!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, cujosmom said:

Also, no 50% FCC in either of our Princess FCC Accounts, but I'll wait a few days before I inquire about that. I'm just thrilled we got what we got as I was seriously having doubts.....

Thank you for the good news .

..watch the mood of this thread change quickly from 2183 posts so far that range from supportive and patient to conspiracy theories to  threatening lawsuits. Hope this good news continues so we can all get back to doing what we love best...cruise, plan to cruise, show pics of our latest cruise.

Hope my Option 2 comes soon !

Edited by remydiva
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, calimn said:

I also received my FCC on 5/15 and today my credit appeared on my credit card also dated 5/15.  My cruise was 3/15 Panama Canal cruise. So appeared 2 month to the day. Still missing 200 for the FCD’s but hoping that will catch up. We received the port fees and excursions refund on 3/20. We canceled on 3/10 so those fees I believe were processed before the 3/12 cancellation. But this is good news hopefully for those of you still waiting. 

Check your refund total. My FCD were not r

eturned ( not expired). They gave them back as part of my cruise fare as FCC. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PrincessDano said:

I had spoke with Princess Sunday and was told that it was linked to 2 bookings and my TA had to call about it.  She did this morning and was told the above, and emailed me that I would have to call to dispute it.  

Diane

Was it with a Canadian carrier?  If so you will only gt an "expiring" credit. That is our situation also.