Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

On 5/13/2020 at 10:06 PM, Geoffa30 said:

Called Princess UK this morning. Was told our refund was processed yesterday and the money should with us within two weeks. I asked whether this meant it had to go through further processes at a Princess and was told no it’s my card company that will take this long. Was told the FCC element is being dealt with separately. We shall see but won’t start celebrating just yet.

Hurrah! Some positive news. Checked my credit card this morning and our refund has arrived.

Our cruise was on Sky Princess on 28 March. We chose option two on 12 March so refund took 68 days from submission. Now to wait for the 50% bonus FCC to show up in my account. We had had the FCDs that were used to book the cruise around three or four weeks ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2020 at 3:07 AM, JJG99 said:

Yeah!!!!

Just checked our individual Princess Captain Circle accounts and we have received our 225% FCC on the base fare from the  <48 hour notice cancelled Sky Princess cruise that was due to sail on 14th March. No notification from Princess that they had given us our FCC onto our account, so as someone previously said- just keep going onto your account and check.

Our was one of the first cruises cancelled by Princess- so hang in there everyone- it will happen!!!! 

Still no taxes/port charges or shore excursion refunds into our CC, but will check the status of that with our TA on Monday.

To be honest- I never thought that we would see it.

Jenny

To be fair....you still havent seen it.
FCC in your personaliser is just a number in a computer.  Its not a refund.
You can use it to book a cruise with next year, and they could cancel that cruise......its just a way of stalling actual cash refunds.

You have not received a refund.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Geoffa30 said:

Hurrah! Some positive news. Checked my credit card this morning and our refund has arrived.

Our cruise was on Sky Princess on 28 March. We chose option two on 12 March so refund took 68 days from submission. Now to wait for the 50% bonus FCC to show up in my account. We had had the FCDs that were used to book the cruise around three or four weeks ago.

Were the Future Cruise Deposits (FCDs) recredited back to you to use for future bookings?  My travel agent told me that this wouldn't be happening as you are paid this money back in your refund therefore you no longer have them as FCDs

4 minutes ago, Kaylacool said:

Were the Future Cruise Deposits (FCDs) recredited back to you to use for future bookings?  My travel agent told me that this wouldn't be happening as you are paid this money back in your refund therefore you no longer have them as FCDs

The FCDs are in our account to be used for a future booking. Their expiration date appears to be linked to when we originally bought them onboard a ship.

• Like 3

Great News and from a Brit!. Not many about on here. I started a thread in the UK cruiser  board but

still not many responded. We were mid cruise in Oz  on the 13th  when we were told it was cancelled.

Having a terrible time trying to get sense out of PCUK  - did you have to hold for long when you phoned them?

The person handling our claim  has been missing since 9 May was supposed to be available from

14th now it is the 20th  - working from home so cant ring direct.

Well down here in Australia I am waiting for a reimbursement from the end of February.   Princess cancels our cruise halfway through and gives us a letter saying that they will refund the cost of new flights home.   Sure they will - they just didn't say when!  I rang last week and was told they haven't even started looking at my claim yet.   They said they will "pick it out of the pile" and start on it.   In other words they'll pretend to do something about it.   I am a long time Princess cruiser but this is really turning me off ever cruising with them again.

Edited by datone
  • Like 1

Thanks FiftyOnePlus for the info.  But you are lucky!  I cancelled the same Sky Princess 3/28/20 cruise on March 7th.  My TA called Princess today and no FCC yet.  On June 1st, it will be 93 days from the day I cancelled.  I am still waiting.  I have put a deposit on a cruise for Jan 2021.  I am ready to complain!   My brother asked for a refund for his cabin on the same sailing and still nothing.  Thank you for letting me vent!

I just called Princess to get status on my refund and was connected right away, they said it was processed last Friday 5/15.

It hasn't posted to my account yet though because of the weekend.

Those of you still waiting, give them a call.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Great News and from a Brit!. Not many about on here. I started a thread in the UK cruiser  board but

still not many responded. We were mid cruise in Oz  on the 13th  when we were told it was cancelled.

Having a terrible time trying to get sense out of PCUK  - did you have to hold for long when you phoned them?

The person handling our claim  has been missing since 9 May was supposed to be available from

14th now it is the 20th  - working from home so cant ring direct.

I was probably on hold about 20-30 minutes. Just left my mobile on speaker whilst I was working. I used the number below that we found on Facebook.

442167A5-ED0B-47A3-856A-6B31FC213946.jpeg

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I just called Princess to get status on my refund and was connected right away, they said it was processed last Friday 5/15.

Fingers crossed. They told me mine was processed April 29th. Still haven't seen it....

2 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I think it's the same thing. 

I think we would be very interested in  hearing when you actually receive the money in your account.  Would you mind coming back here and sharing when you received the money in your account or letting us know if you don't receive that by say the end of this week?

• Like 2

I am hesitant to post this...but...

Refund & FCC received for our April 5th cruise.

I don't have any magical knowledge - but seems about on par for how Princess had to process everything (folks tend to forget they aren't a payments company...this was difficult for them). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I think ceilidhi whose refund was processed April 29th and 3 weeks later is still waiting for their money might disagree with you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

Sounds like they are making some progress.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I was told my refund was 'processed' 3/18 but it was posted to my CC 5/6.  'Processed' to Princess means they rustled the paperwork around in their system, not actually issued a refund.  Plenty of other people have reported this same thing in the lengthy threads on refunds.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

That sounds like good news 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

Would you tell us what was your sail date?  Was it a March voyage?  Thanks

59 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

I think ceilidhi whose refund was processed April 29th and 3 weeks later is still waiting for their money might disagree with you!

I just called Princess to confirm if the refund was issued on 5/15 and it was issued. They have completed it. I called my bank and they said it will post within 5 business says.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mfajxc99 said:

Would you tell us what was your sail date?  Was it a March voyage?  Thanks

My sail date was 4/11 and I submitted the refund option on 3/13, the day after I received the cancelation notice.

• Like 1