Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

Unfortunately yes. Although I've got everything from Pause 1, I cancelled my Sky Princess Transatlantic cruise on September 4th a week before Princess did. Waiting on 4215 split between gift cards and visa & 537 FCC there + 537 FCC pre-Pause 1. It'll come eventually 

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2020 at 1:39 PM, mickrory said:

Received a refund today for our curtailed cruise on Majestic Princess. Its taken one calendar month.

What cruise date & when was it curtailed?

On 3/23/2020 at 5:40 PM, screamingreen said:

Princess cancelled our March 8th cruise on March 8th and received the credit on my credit card on March 9th. They also refunded our future cruise certificate which were just purchased in September 2019. Only have 1 fare credited as FCC so far.

Also received the credit card credit for excursions and pre-purchased alcohol.

did you receive the rest of your refund yet?

14 hours ago, Cuedon said:

Yes. The subject line should be as such:

PrincessReceipt.png

(There might be a few different variations, but that's the one you get from submitting the form in March.)

Edit: Sorry, misread the original post-- that's what you get for filling out the form and selection Option 2. Not sure if you get the same response for Option 1.

I got the same header for Option 1 & Option 2. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 10:11 AM, dearinger said:

Happy to say that my refund for my cruise was in my account this morning. We took the option for refund plus FCC and the refund was in my checking account this morning. It could have been there yesterday but never checked. I had disputed the airfare charge already so didn’t have any concerns about that. The FCC is not in my (or our other) account, so I guess I am still waiting on that. 
So, with the call I received the other day (concerning mailed check for hotel and airfare upgrade) Princess is pretty much giving me back everything they owe me. 
Now to wait for that FCC and the “check in the mail” and I’ll be all done. 
Our cruise was 30 days from today in Japan and I filled out the form the hour it was available (for you stats nerds). 
I hope this is a good sign that the cash is starting to flow and other people start to see their money in the next few days. Thankfully, my job is not impacted by the pandemic and this cash wasn’t “needed” but it is nice to have it back. 

pulling this up as there were not many refunds in April that we noticed. You were one of the lucky ones. Glad it is all settled for you!

41 minutes ago, dog said:

what is the expiry date for your FCC? Asking because my FCC has to be used by March 31/21. 

Initially Princess said that I had to use the FCC within 1 year for the original cancellation, however, I used the FCC to book another cruise for July 2020 which has since also been cancelled.

Since 100% of the actual funds I paid for the 1st cruise were returned the only thing I'm out on the 2nd cruise is for 2 ($100 deposits) which princess required.

I haven't been able to get in contact with my TA to follow up with princess about the 2nd deposit refund ($200) or FCC as I haven't found a cruise to use them on.

Safe travels,

- WYB

Edited by WYB!
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

So far 73 days. No refund. Two email stating thanks for for your patience. Second email arrived a few days ago. That basically told me. it will be a lot longer.

Hav you considered a credit card dispute?

Just now, dog said:

Hav you considered a credit card dispute?

Yes I have. The problem being. The first $200.00 were from a future cruise booking while on a ship 7/8/2018. Then there are two others. 11/28/2018 is when I booked it. Then the final payment 12/11/2019 for our March, 13 2020 cruise. So all three would need to be disputed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dog said:

What cruise date & when was it curtailed?

Cruise on Majestic Princess was curtailed on 22 February in Fremantle. Got my refund and FCC but been waiting 68 days for out of pocket expenses which they agreed a while back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dog said:

did your client get their FCC?

Not yet. She got the email offering the option 1 rather than refund (even though the form was submitted for option 1 on March 12th and confirmation received). I suspect nothing will happen until after May 31st.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dog said:

did you receive the rest of your refund yet?

Received all of our refunds in March. Turns out, both FCCs were really there too. After talking to our PVP, only one was listed in the account as we only have one account and use it for both bookings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Not yet. She got the email offering the option 1 rather than refund (even though the form was submitted for option 1 on March 12th and confirmation received). I suspect nothing will happen until after May 31st.

This is the odd one. She got credit card refund early on but no FCC. Sounds like it got lost in process or set aside. 

Received our refund back to our credit card today. Chose option #2.  Was to be on the Grand 3/29.  Not disputed just waited it out.    Never any notification from anyone just kept checking credit card account everyday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Received our refund back today on credit card but it was dated May 21.

..its within a dollar of total we paid

Got back transfers, taxes and Princess Insurance.

Chose Option #2.

Booked through Princess by phone so didn't use a TA.

In Canada.

Got our FCD reinstated last week.

HAVE NOT GOT EXTRA 25% FCC YET.

Got email on May 18 from Princess with a cruise cancellation 'invoice'

Cruise date was April 19 on Regal.

Did NOT phone Princess or PVP.

Did NOT phone credit card.

Edited by remydiva
updated
  • Like 9

19 minutes ago, remydiva said:

Received our refund back today on credit card but it was dated May 21.

..its within a dollar of total we paid

Got back transfers, taxes and Princess Insurance.

Chose Option #2.

Booked through Princess by phone so didn't use a TA.

In Canada.

Got our FCD reinstated last week.

HAVE NOT GOT EXTRA 25% FCC YET.

Got email on May 18 from Princess with a cruise cancellation 'invoice'

Cruise date was April 19 on Regal.

Did NOT phone Princess or PVP.

Did NOT phone credit card.

What date did you cancel? I think you cancelled early also?

Congrats!

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Coral said:

What date did you cancel? I think you cancelled early also?

Congrats!

Yes sorry i'll try to add that

cancelled early on Mar 6

then on Mar 12 in the first pause did Option 2.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, remydiva said:

Yes sorry i'll try to add that

cancelled early on Mar 6

then on Mar 12 in the first pause did Option 2.

I cancelled the same day. Thanks.

I did not get an email on the 18th like you did.

Edited by Coral

I have a friend who worked at Princess as a PVP until recently when she was let go in the massive cuts. She indicated that Princess did not allow refunds until two weeks ago. I mentioned that some did report some and she is surprised as not one of her clients she had received theirs. She was surprised some got through the system. Refunds were processed but the batch was not released to the credit cards until April 15th. This was intentional. After the chaos of what happened she will not sail with any Carnival Corp company in the future. I don't blame her.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, CaribbeanIsland said:

I have a friend who worked at Princess as a PVP until recently when she was let go in the massive cuts. She indicated that Princess did not allow refunds until two weeks ago. I mentioned that some did report some and she is surprised as not one of her clients she had received theirs. She was surprised some got through the system. Refunds were processed but the batch was not released to the credit cards until April 15th. This was intentional. After the chaos of what happened she will not sail with any Carnival Corp company in the future. I don't blame her.

PVP?  Sorry, we don't normally sail with Princess.

18 minutes ago, CaribbeanIsland said:

As you can see there were refunds March & April if you look through this thread. Not many, but a few got FCC & credit card refunds for fare, as well. It appears that they stopped receiving them mid April to mid May  

1 hour ago, erni said:

Received our refund back to our credit card today. Chose option #2.  Was to be on the Grand 3/29.  Not disputed just waited it out.    Never any notification from anyone just kept checking credit card account everyday.

That is great news - I had same cruise booked and chose option 2.  Planned on filing my credit card dispute this week, now hoping I will not need to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dog said:

This is the odd one. She got credit card refund early on but no FCC. Sounds like it got lost in process or set aside. 

I suspect she got in right before they turned off the automatic refunds. I cancelled her on March 9th and within 4 days the refundable amounts (including fees/taxes/partial EZ Air) were back on her card. The cancellation amount was meant to be issued as 100% FCC. I cancelled my own booking (same sailing, same cancellation policy) on March 10th, so obviously sometime between March 9th-10th that automatic refunding was switched off. I submitted forms for both of us on March 12th indicating option 1 and received confirmation for both within a few minutes. She was not expecting anything further back in terms of a refund, but was awaiting the 225% FCC. I was expecting the fees/taxes/partial EZ Air/pre-paid grats/shore excursions back to credit card and 225% FCC. Nothing appears to have been touched on the bookings since the initial cancellation.

Two weeks ago, she received an email apologising for the delay in refunding and giving her the option of choosing the FCC option1 by May 31st (even though it had already been selected on March 12th). I received the email apologising for the delay in FCC. My client is in no rush for her FCC but I will continue to chase it up. I filed a dispute with my credit card at the 70 day mark. I still believe that Princess intends to honour what they have said BUT I wanted to cover my back in the event that the refund doesn't come for several more months or if they DO end up declaring bankruptcy. In all honesty, no one knows for sure how long this no-sail order will continue and it is definitely a possibility that cruising might not make it through if this continues past this year.

I am shocked that so many elements of this process have been messed up so badly. While I understand it is a huge task that no one was prepared for, much of the mess seems to be of their own making. They would have known ahead of time that their systems weren't set up to do this automatically (if this is, indeed, the true reason for the delay) so why come up with the offer they did? It would have made far more sense for them to just refund everyone 100% and offer them the FCC if they rebooked by a certain date. Of course, there is no telling if they had the money to offer that 100% refund to everyone but that was a chance they took anyway - everyone COULD have opted for a refund.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

PVP?  Sorry, we don't normally sail with Princess.

Princess Vacation Planner in this case … I've had zero success with them - gotten reps who know more and willing to 'dig' deeper into various fares by calling 1-800 … 

• Like 1