Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

On 7/11/2020 at 2:46 AM, ceilidh1 said:

REALLY????? The Double Deposit was specifically for those NOT paid in full? I honestly feel like Princess has lost it at this point?

agreed, but it is a 'game' i am currently playing with Princess ... for small $$$ , of course

paying a little as I go, but not paying in full until final deposit is due 60 days before cruise ... hoping if/when Princess does cancel, it is before final - which in our case is the end of September 2020, for a late November 2020 cruise

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

agreed, but it is a 'game' i am currently playing with Princess ... for small $$$ , of course

paying a little as I go, but not paying in full until final deposit is due 60 days before cruise ... hoping if/when Princess does cancel, it is before final - which in our case is the end of September 2020, for a late November 2020 cruise

I wouldn't bother doing that for short cruises. Not worth my time.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Coral said:

I wouldn't bother doing that for short cruises. Not worth my time.

yep, can double our cruising $$ with a few clicks of mouse ... well worth it to us 

really a shame that some people don't have our flexability to take these 'long weekend' getaways, without scheduling flights from flyover country in the US 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, voljeep said:

yep, can double our cruising $$ with a few clicks of mouse ... well worth it to us 

really a shame that some people don't have our flexability to take these 'long weekend' getaways, without scheduling flights from flyover country in the US 

I don't want to do short cruises to Mexico and back. Again, not interested. I like great ports.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cvpends said:

Did you receive FCC's and are waiting for the refund part, or did you request a pure refund with no FCC's?

I was getting a full refund plus insurance. They also gave future cruise credits equal to one half of what we payed for the cruise. 

35 minutes ago, vino100 said:

I was getting a full refund plus insurance. They also gave future cruise credits equal to one half of what we payed for the cruise. 

Oh, I see.  Well, I certainly hope that you get satisfaction soon!

Cruise was cancelled by Princess on April 14th.  I requested a full refund, and have a confirmation e-mail from Princess of that fact.  When I called recently, they said "oops", they had me scheduled to receive an FCC.  Said they would fix it, but meanwhile I have filed a credit card dispute.  Princess sucks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As

53 minutes ago, Coral said:

I don't want to do short cruises to Mexico and back. Again, not interested. I like great ports.

Since you have to fly across the country, the short Mexican cruises make no sense at all for you.  But for us Californians, they are a great weekend getaway from our work-a-day (or retired-a-day) lives, and many of us enjoy them.

• Thanks 1

I canceled our cruise for 4/11 on 3/15, and got a full refund on 6/23.  So it took about 3 months, but we got every cent.

Thanks Princess!    So far the FCC showing is 12.5%, but maybe my wife's FCC is listed somewhere separately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wlewis5038 said:

I canceled our cruise for 4/11 on 3/15, and got a full refund on 6/23.  So it took about 3 months, but we got every cent.

Thanks Princess!    So far the FCC showing is 12.5%, but maybe my wife's FCC is listed somewhere separately.

Hers is definitely listed in her own account, not yours.

8 hours ago, cvpends said:

Hers is definitely listed in her own account, not yours.

Whilst that is the norm I would hesitate to say that anything

will "definitely" happen with refunds from Princess 😉

Is this a record, 151 days and counting, Sapphire Princess sail date 1st March, Princess cancelled 15th Feb !! have received FCC 10 days again, not as much as I was expecting as it was a 21 day cruise, but just want our refund sorted. Don't want to book again with Princess until I have had our refund.

We have a cruise booked this November Singapore to OZ  on Regal princess, which I think will be cancelled, have already paid half, unfortunately with the same T/A used for the Asian cruise I'm waiting refund on. Will not use this T/A again, useless. Sorry for the rant. Nice to know people are getting refunds, just would have thought  refunds be done in date order of cancellation.

Id say it s a record 🙂   if you think the FCC refunds are short

I am just wondering if this was a back to back being refunded as 2 separate cruises?  If so you should have more to come.

Another thought is if you were not in a single cabin it is likely that there will be  FCCs in the captains circle account for whoever you were sharing with?

Edited by Aulanis

On 7/11/2020 at 6:07 PM, 13cheermom said:

So are you saying you had Princess gift cards returned in the form of a check back to you?

Yes, the last $2000 was from gift cards.  I explained very early on- that DH is undergoing cancer treatments, need the money, and can't make any future plans.  I understand this is an exception, but once they said we could get the cash back (3 times we were told by 2 at customer service & our PCP that the gift cards would be refunded) it took almost 120 days. 

On 7/10/2020 at 6:31 PM, annandme said:

Here's the real farce of "Future Cruise Credits".  Princess canceled our cruise 3 days before its departure in March and actually offered us our money back plus 100% FCC.  After a long tortuous wait (like everyone else), we finally got a refund on our credit card and we now have 100% FCC with Princess.  So, you would think that now we are all set, right? 

Well, today I looked at booking the same cruise in 2022 and GUESS WHAT!  The same cabin in the same category on the same itinerary now costs twice what I paid in March!  So, after all of the torture, absolutely nothing was gained.

Folks...this whole thing is one entire scam!

Our situation was very similar to yours but frankly I was happy to get a full refund. If we get to use the FCC, that'll be great though I doubt we will. Hopefully  the expiry date will be extended but I'm not upset that " absolutely nothing was gained". I never looked at it that way.

Edited by richstowe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OC SeaPA said:

Yes, the last $2000 was from gift cards.  I explained very early on- that DH is undergoing cancer treatments, need the money, and can't make any future plans.  I understand this is an exception, but once they said we could get the cash back (3 times we were told by 2 at customer service & our PCP that the gift cards would be refunded) it took almost 120 days. 

Okay, thanks for the clarification, you seem to have unique circumstances. We have nearly $10k tied up in giftcards, yet to receive them from a March cancellation. Hadn't heard of anyone being able to do this with giftcards refunds. Hope your husband does well with his treatments and am sending good thoughts your way!

3 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

Well, we hit 120 days tomorrow. Still waiting on $538 in remaining refund due plus $374 in FCC.

I have also been counting the days and next week we will be at the 120 day mark. Something to consider, they told me that the original cancellation wasnt noted that we wanted a full refund over the FCC, and now Im wondering if the days actually started after that point instead of back in March??  🤣🤣

1 minute ago, 13cheermom said:

I have also been counting the days and next week we will be at the 120 day mark. Something to consider, they told me that the original cancellation wasnt noted that we wanted a full refund over the FCC, and now Im wondering if the days actually started after that point instead of back in March??  🤣🤣

We were told that somewhere through the process, and it seems like every time we called or contacted Princess we got a different story, yet they were all looking at the same "notes to my account"!  Just keep trying.  It got to the point I would have a weekly task "contact Princess for refund!"

13 minutes ago, OC SeaPA said:

We were told that somewhere through the process, and it seems like every time we called or contacted Princess we got a different story, yet they were all looking at the same "notes to my account"!  Just keep trying.  It got to the point I would have a weekly task "contact Princess for refund!"

Yes, my mistake was waiting patiently for the 90 days, and then being told my refund was just sitting there because they didnt know what I wanted to do 😡. Hello, I told them back on 3/20/20 lol. But since the 90/day mark I’ve been calling every few days and reminding them that I want a full refund sooner rather than later, lol. 

Oh happy day! In late June, we received a credit card refund for the cruise and this weekend a refund for the “non-refundable” flights (thankfully booked via Princess EZAir).  We are still awaiting an additional $400 (taxes/port fees/deposits) as well as promised future shipboard credit.  But so far so good. 

We cancelled, through our TA, a May Scandinavian cruise in April prior to Princess revised Cancellation Policy. She went back and forth with various Princess reps and supervisors getting a different story - FCC, air credit and/or credit card refund. Everything was by word-of-mouth - no email confirmations on what was told. 

it has been a frustration experience. So much so, that we cancelled an October 14 day New Zealand cruise. 

Kudos to my TA for her diligence.

Edited by pca7ggr
  • Haha 1

Just now, pca7ggr said:

Oh happy day! In late June, we received a credit card refund for the cruise and this weekend a refund for the “non-refundable” flights (thankfully booked via Princess EZAir).  We are still awaiting an additional $400 (taxes/port fees/deposits) as well as promised future shipboard credit.  But so far so good. 

We cancelled, through our TA, a May Scandinavian cruise in April prior to Princess revised Cancellation Policy. She went back and forth with various Princess reps and supervisors getting a different story - FCC, air credit and/or credit card refund. Everything was by word-of-mouth - no email confirmations on what was told. 

it has been a frustration experience. So much so, that we cancelled an October 14 day New Zealand cruise. 

I've learned- get it in writing!  My PVP is great, and everytime I called her or Princess I'd send a confirming e-mail.  It always helps to have good documentation- "on this date I spoke to so&so who said..." or "to confirm our conversation- check was processed on..."