Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

45 minutes ago, lderochi said:

My hope may have sprung eternal, but I still have no cash. I called today, on the 90th day since I submitted my refund request (option 2). I was able to confirm that we were not accidentally placed in the FCC basket, so that’s good. And the rep patiently walked through the outstanding refund with me, and the numbers line up. But no, no money yet. The rep told me that based on my sailing date it will “hopefully” be within a few weeks. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, same answer when I called at the 90/day mark. Next Monday will be the 120/day mark and have finally seen some refunds coming through as of today. Still waiting on another $6k out of about $11k total. I will be calling again next week regardless to get probably another wait and see answer. 🤣

Decided to cancel two cruises I have for this October before Princess does. Cancelled on July 3rd. Princess only had FCD totally $400. I knew they were expiring so I didn't expect them to show back up in our account.The credits showed up on my credit card on July 9th. Looks like if we cancel things may work faster but then it was only for FCD. 

Maybe things are improving  now.

I am back disappointed with Princess. I had an air reduction in February for my April cruise. My TA called and got a refund. This was over $1000. This occurred several weeks before the cruise was cancelled. I saw this week that Princess has recalled that refund. They indicated that I was over refunded which I wasn't. I was actually short an amount slightly below $200.

I don't think I have ever been disgusted with an accounting/finance department more than I have been through this process. I have zero faith in Princess' leaders. I wasn't a fan of the decisions that they have made for Princess the past several years but how they have handled these refunds is beyond acceptable.

So I am past 130 days.

Edited by Coral

My suggestion to ALL it concerns...

If you have not received your refunds by 90 days then file the dispute with your CC.

I made the mistake of waiting (not necessarily patiently) for them to do the right thing. It’s been almost 130 days and I’ve got no recourse with my CC company.   I was informed disputes need to be done within 2-3 months from the charge.  
Now I’m at the mercy of Princess.  Don’t like it!

2 minutes ago, Ironhorsejocky said:

If you have not received your refunds by 90 days then file the dispute with your CC.

I made the mistake of waiting (not necessarily patiently) for them to do the right thing. It’s been almost 130 days and I’ve got no recourse with my CC company.   I was informed disputes need to be done within 2-3 months from the charge.  

Did you ask about "services not rendered". Often that has a different time frame.

7 minutes ago, Coral said:

I am back disappointed with Princess. I had an air reduction in February for my April cruise. My TA called and got a refund. This was over $1000. This occurred several weeks before the cruise was cancelled. I saw this week that Princess has recalled that refund. They indicated that I was over refunded which I wasn't. I was actually short an amount slightly below $200.

I don't think I have ever been disgusted with an accounting/finance department more than I have been through this process. I have zero faith in Princess' leaders. I wasn't a fan of the decisions that they have made for Princess the past several years but how they have handled these refunds is beyond acceptable.

So I am past 130 days.

Are you kidding me????????????  How can they do that?  I hope that you or your TA are going to fight the issue.  I am so sorry this is happening to you.

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

Did you ask about "services not rendered". Often that has a different time frame.

Yes, I told them I received no service, products etc... 

CC said “we have no recourse due to the extended period of time” “don’t wait so long next time’.  OKAY... I won’t!  If I ever have to go through this again, I’ll put the dispute in earlier.  Lesson learned.

21 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Are you kidding me????????????  How can they do that?  I hope that you or your TA are going to fight the issue.  I am so sorry this is happening to you.

I can't dispute this with credit card because they made the refund to the wrong credit card (so the original air charge is not on that card). I paid for cruise with one card and air with one card. I had to book air after I paid for the cruise because final payment was due 120 days out on this and had to make final payment immediately when I booked.

I told my TA that I can't deal with Princess anymore. She said when she got someone good on the phone, she would fight it. I even sent her the emails she sent me in February saying they are refunding $xxxx to the credit card ending in xxxx for air. 

This is how they treat loyal passengers apparently. 

My work is getting crazy right now. I just want this over.

Edited by Coral

18 minutes ago, Ironhorsejocky said:

CC said “we have no recourse due to the extended period of time” “don’t wait so long next time’.  OKAY... I won’t!  If I ever have to go through this again, I’ll put the dispute in earlier.  Lesson learned.

I seemed to think Citicard treated me better than Chase with this situation. I hear AMEX is amazing. Long story short - I am re-evaluating my credit card choices after this situation also.

1 minute ago, Coral said:

I can't dispute this with credit card because they made the refund to the wrong credit card (so the original air charge is not on that card). I paid for cruise with one card and air with one card. I had to book air after I paid for the cruise because final payment was due 120 days out on this and had to make final payment immediately when I booked.

I told my TA that I can't deal with Princess anymore. She said when she got someone good on the phone, she would fight it. I even sent her the emails she sent me in February saying they are refunding $xxxx to the credit card ending in xxxx for air. 

This is how they treat loyal passengers apparently. 

My work is getting crazy right now. I just want this over.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this whole nightmare is over for you soon.  Sounds like you have a good TA taking care of you. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Keeping my fingers crossed that this whole nightmare is over for you soon.  Sounds like you have a good TA taking care of you. 

I have been using the same TA for over 20 years. She is good but this is all she does these days. I feel sorry for her that I have to bother her with this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lderochi said:

My hope may have sprung eternal, but I still have no cash. I called today, on the 90th day since I submitted my refund request (option 2). I was able to confirm that we were not accidentally placed in the FCC basket, so that’s good. And the rep patiently walked through the outstanding refund with me, and the numbers line up. But no, no money yet. The rep told me that based on my sailing date it will “hopefully” be within a few weeks. 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Yes, same answer when I called at the 90/day mark. Next Monday will be the 120/day mark and have finally seen some refunds coming through as of today. Still waiting on another $6k out of about $11k total. I will be calling again next week regardless to get probably another wait and see answer. 🤣

Since you both seem to at least be receiving definitive answers to your calls (even though no refunds yet) curious to know what number(s) you are calling and what options you then select.

We are at the 125 day point; have received excursions and water refund back on June 30, but still waiting on EZAir, Port Taxes and transfers.

I just called the regular number, didn't listen to the menu and pressed 0 I think. Waited to talk to a representative. I asked her to check on the refund, etc. I then just asked if I could work through what I thought I was waiting for,  to see if it matched up. She transferred me somewhere and the next person was able to walk me through it.

43 minutes ago, racj846 said:

Since you both seem to at least be receiving definitive answers to your calls (even though no refunds yet) curious to know what number(s) you are calling and what options you then select.

We are at the 125 day point; have received excursions and water refund back on June 30, but still waiting on EZAir, Port Taxes and transfers.

So I also just called the main # and chose option for already booked. After speaking with a regular rep.,  they usually transfer me to someone else because of the timeframe of waiting. We also have a lot of money tied up in giftcards so that’s another nightmare in itself. We have also received $3k in excursions, water package on cc, and just yesterday $2k in my daughters cruise fare and airfare. Still havent received anything for my husband and myself for cabin, ez-air, taxes or my daughters cruise fare & taxes. Still another $6k in refunds. I’m tired of being so patient when I keep reading about everyone getting total refunds for cruises cancelled for august, when we cancelled back in March for a May cruise. 

1 hour ago, Coral said:

So I am past 130 days.

OH MY GOD!!! I thought it was all over for you! I agree, I am amazed that so many things have been messed up on so many fronts through this. They supposedly turned off automatic refunds so that they could process manually to ensure it was accurate. Yet we end up with the incompetence that has taken months to get WRONG!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ironhorsejocky said:

I'm sure it depends on the card/bank, etc but Capital One told me that each time Princess extended their time frame, it extended the time I had to file for services not received. The way the rep explained it was that the refund was promised by *** date but if it is not received by that date, then I would have 119 days to dispute the fact that I had not received it. He did tell me that I needed written confirmation/evidence of the timeline given by Princess and was literally lost for words when I told him that the latest was that they were unable to give a timeline! It might be worth contacting your card company again and telling them of the moving goalposts. Additionally, I have noticed that filing a complaint with Better Business Bureau seems to get things moving on Princess end...

On 7/13/2020 at 8:12 PM, cvpends said:

Geez, what a mess!  I certainly hope the chain of command sorts this out, as it doesn't seem fair to you at all.

I'm getting confused. PVP just gave my granddaughters another 530 FCC total (split between them) while waiting for the 1074 FCC. I have no idea how or why .... she just states "Thanks again for all your patience on this craziness.   Still awaiting answers on some of your credits.    But, I did want to let you know I applied more credits to A× and A×× for the August 2021 Alaska cruise."

added: A× and I are each owed 537 FCC. Although she didn't state that's the balance of her FCC, I wonder if that's actually hers as its eerily close & I'll get mine soon? 

Edited by Ombud

2 hours ago, Ironhorsejocky said:

I've been on the phone to my cc company today to file a dispute - Bank of Montreal MasterCard Canada.

Now sitting at 122 days since e-mail confirmation from Princess (March 17th 2020) for choosing Option 1 150% FCC for 2 cruises cancelled May 8th and May 9th Pause 1.

Received FCC June 1st but still waiting for taxes, fees and Princess Platinum Protection refund for trip cancellation.

After a lengthy talk with BMO MasterCard agent I was advised to e-mail Princess and get written confirmation of the amount of refunds owing. There is no way to contact Princess by e-mail on their website to get any written confirmation.

The BMO MasterCard agent consulted with her supervisor and advised me that I have 100 days from my date of cancelled service (May 8th and May 9th) to file the dispute, but getting anything in writing is another matter.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

I've been on the phone to my cc company today to file a dispute - Bank of Montreal MasterCard Canada.

Now sitting at 122 days since e-mail confirmation from Princess (March 17th 2020) for choosing Option 1 150% FCC for 2 cruises cancelled May 8th and May 9th Pause 1.

Received FCC June 1st but still waiting for taxes, fees and Princess Platinum Protection refund for trip cancellation.

After a lengthy talk with BMO MasterCard agent I was advised to e-mail Princess and get written confirmation of the amount of refunds owing. There is no way to contact Princess by e-mail on their website to get any written confirmation.

The BMO MasterCard agent consulted with her supervisor and advised me that I have 100 days from my date of cancelled service (May 8th and May 9th) to file the dispute, but getting anything in writing is another matter.

I don’t expect you’ll get what you need though I really hope you do.  Here’s the email I’ve used before with an eventual response:  customerrelations@princesscruises.com   The last time I wrote them I didn’t get a response at all.  Good Luck to us all.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

No guarantees that they'll answer you, but the email address for customer relations is customerrelations@princess.com. That was given to me by a phone agent at 1-800-PRINCESS when I called about 3 weeks ago, and I sent them a lengthy email with details about our particular situation. I explicitly asked for a reply so I would know they received it but got nothing in return. However, I do know they received it because a phone agent I spoke to yesterday confirmed that they got it.

We were on one of the cruises that was cancelled a few days in, so our case is being handled manually, and at 121 days in we still have no actual money in hand yet. We have gotten the Future Cruise Credits we were promised when our cruise was terminated, but not a penny of real money. Yesterday was the first time I was actually able to talk to someone other than an agent answering 1-800-PRINCESS calls. The agent I spoke to was very helpful. She told me that the amount we are owed for pre-paid excursions was refunded to our credit card earlier this week and that our bank had accepted the transaction yesterday, but so far it has not shown up on our credit card. After a little discussion about that, she transferred me to someone in a finance department that has more direct influence on the actual refund process, and she was also very helpful. She confirmed what we suspected all along -- the refunds for cruises that were cancelled mid-sail are being handled completely manually, and they are told by upper management when to work on them. She sent a message to a supervisor to try to get our case moving, and also sent me an email with an itemized list of everything that was included in the amount that was supposedly sent to our credit card company. It included refunds for pre-paid shore excursions we didn't get to take, port fees and taxes that were not incurred because the trip was cut short, and pretty much all of the non-cruise fare items we thought we were owed.

So, the good news is they seem to be doing a thorough job of getting everything right, but the bad news is it is still taking a long time. The next part, which is the bulk of what we are owed, should be easy -- just a straight percentage of our cruise fees. Up until 3 weeks ago we were trying to remain patient and let the process play out, but we received an email that made us realize that we needed to be more proactive. The email stated that Princess hadn't received our preference for how we wanted our refunds, so we were going to receive the entire thing in Future Cruise Credits, which is definitely not what we had told them. At that point we made a call, and have called once a week to check on things and see if we can get status updates. Each time we have gotten a little more help and a little more information, so I think it pays to bug them once in a while. I'm always very calm and respectful with whoever I talk to -- I know for the most part the people I'm talking to aren't making the decisions and getting angry at them will not help our cause. Crossing our fingers that the rest will be done soon.

Hope you get some satisfaction. I know it is frustrating, but hang in there and keep after them. It will eventually get worked out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

Correlation does not imply causation

Huh?

I'm just saying that every recent complaint against Princess on BBB has been answered and resolved with a refund. Take from that what you will...

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Huh?

I'm just saying that every recent complaint against Princess on BBB has been answered and resolved with a refund. Take from that what you will...

Once March is resolved I'm seriously considering that route for the 4th cancelled cruise (it's just 5 weeks on that one)

I will never EVER pay more than the minimum until final payment date again. That would have only prevented the headache on 2 of the 4 but better than what we've all been through. And I do feel sorry for all the PVPs & TAs trying to reassure us

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

Once March is resolved I'm seriously considering that route for the 4th cancelled cruise (it's just 5 weeks on that one)

I will never EVER pay more than the minimum until final payment date again. That would have only prevented the headache on 2 of the 4 but better than what we've all been through. And I do feel sorry for all the PVPs & TAs trying to reassure us

I'm still waiting on my March cruise, too. I have a booking (in the 2 bedroom suite) to Hawaii in March 2021 and already paid over 50% off. I'm thinking it will be cancelled and dreading having to go through this again!

Still waiting for our Princess refund for cruise June 27, canceled April 20.

I had called Princess last week, they havent gotten to my refund yet!!

I told him its over 80 days, & he says that Princess has had to refund so many people. Then I told him that our refunds from Carnival & Royal have now been 12 & 15 days, when they had been earlier 30-40 days. He had nothing else to say!

Just got refunds today (ONLY TOOK 10 DAYS!!!) from Carnival for our bk to bk Nov-Dec on the new Mardi Gras (wont be ready yet).