Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

Just wanted to quickly bring up the point that if news articles are quoted, lets make sure that it's mainly a small part and there is a link to the article so there aren't any copyright issues.  

The twitter #coralprincess400 was set up in support of the near 400 UK passengers on board.

A few minutes ago it reported there are still 8 Brits on board, presumably with health issues.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Just wanted to quickly bring up the point that if news articles are quoted, lets make sure that it's mainly a small part and there is a link to the article so there aren't any copyright issues.  

It would also help if there was an explanation of what the news article is about, rather than merely posting a link with nothing else included.  Sometimes these links connect to a news source that requires you to subscribe to read the article.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

It would also help if there was an explanation of what the news article is about, rather than merely posting a link with nothing else included.  Sometimes these links connect to a news source that requires you to subscribe to read the article.

Absolutely,  an explanation works as long as it's not a copy and paste quote of a large part of the article. 

It's frustrating when I'm trying to read an article and can't.  

Unfortunately the Miami Herald is about to go back to having those which will make it more difficult in following along on the Coral princess news.  Though checking our locals news stations will still offer much needed news.

• Thanks 1

Just now, pb_uk said:

Great to hear that! Let us know that you both are home safely.
Just a word of caution... the times may slip a little. We were told 3to 5 on Sunday, but 5pm came & went and we were fearing we’d been forgotten. Passenger Services said be patient, and we were called at 6pm. The reassuring bit is that it is a charter, with a defined manifest, so they will delay the flight until all are on the plane.

The second UK charter was 90 minutes late leaving, possibly for that reason.

Thank you I will.   When I watched others it seamed that sometimes it would be a short interval between guests then sometimes 5 or more minutes.  Yes thankfully it is a charter so we will not miss the plane like we did in Buenos Aires.

• Like 2

I woke up this morning and saw all the posts to read! So glad things are starting to happen. Blessings to all still onboard as you leave for home. Please keep us updated.  We're still following you. You're in our thoughts and prayers

5 hours ago, Wichard said:

We just received our notice that we will disembarking between 12:00 and 1:00 today via flights to Houston then Dallas.  Hopefully everyone will get off today.  Since it is a 4 hour trip by car between Dallas and Austin we will be home somewhere around midnight.

I appreciate all the best wishes and encouragement that we have received on this forum.  Be safe until this passes.

Richard 

Hi Richard, I wonder why they are making you fly to Dallas via Houston in order to get to Austin?  From the Houston airport to Central Austin is a 2 hour 45 minute journey saving you road time plus air time.  Oh well, the important thing is you are going home, great news!!!

HI all,

I've been following along on the Coral Princess issues - I just now saw this posted on Facebook:

Coral Princess guest disembarkation continues today, as we've arranged 9 scheduled domestic charter flights. Guests requiring shoreside medical care are disembarked and being treated. Following today’s efforts, about 90 guests will remain onboard given current international travel restrictions. Homeward travel arrangements will be made for these guests as soon as arrival clearance is obtained by each country.

We announced a voluntary 60-day pause of operations on March 12, becoming one of the first companies in the leisure travel industry to take this proactive measure. Coral Princess remained in service longer than expected due to a series of port closures, airline cancellations, and other actions taken, which impacted the onward travel home of the onboard guests and crew. Details here: https://*****/2JLyN1q

I hope all remaining guests will be able to disembark soon and head on their way home safely.

Laura

3 hours ago, bluesea321 said:

Hi Richard, I wonder why they are making you fly to Dallas via Houston in order to get to Austin?  From the Houston airport to Central Austin is a 2 hour 45 minute journey saving you road time plus air time.  Oh well, the important thing is you are going home, great news!!!

Yes, strange that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Princess is arranging 'private' transportation from the ship to the airport where pax will board 'private' chartered international flights.  Once those aircraft are out of the United States, transportation is not regulated by the U.S. Government.  Once the flights arrive 'down under' it is up to the local governments to decide how the pax travel from the airports to home.  Don't believe everything you see from the press, they're not providing a service, they're in the business of selling advertisements.

A British friend onboard got a flight back to Heathrow and then a car and drive back home to Manchester!  She is now safe at home!!
Not really sure what you are referring to when you say "they are in the business of selling advertisements"

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, suzyed said:

A British friend onboard got a flight back to Heathrow and then a car and drive back home to Manchester!  She is now safe at home!!
Not really sure what you are referring to when you say "they are in the business of selling advertisements"

The post he was referring to has been removed .

It was a quote from a newspaper in New Zealand with a lot of inflammatory misinformation

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the newspaper that posted the incorrect information when he said the bit about being in the business of selling advertisements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, chamima said:

The post he was referring to has been removed .

It was a quote from a newspaper in New Zealand with a lot of inflammatory misinformation

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the newspaper that posted the incorrect information when he said the bit about being in the business of selling advertisements.

ok... thanks...couldn't figure out what he was referring to.

17 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Just curious...  I haven't seen any posts from @YWW, the originator of this thread for a couple of weeks.  If you're still following, please drop by and let us all know how you are doing.  Hopefully you are home and well!

Excellent point. I hope we hear from YWW and that they are okay. 

7 hours ago, bluesea321 said:

Seems to me it is a simple matter of logistics. Probably more ground transportation options from DFW. Have you ever taken flights and first flown east to go west? I have 😀

Edited by frugaltravel

51 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

Seems to me it is a simple matter of logistics. Probably more ground transportation options from DFW. Have you ever taken flights and first flown east to go west? I have 😀

Houston is the 4th largest city in the US, double the size of Dallas, and has plenty of ground transportation, but no matter, Princess chose to do it that way for reasons that suited them. I am glad the passengers will be home soon.  🙂

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, strange that.

We did get off in Houston.  Tomorrow I will look at the flight arrangements.  When I get flight information it shows the origin, layover the final destination.  I found it strange as well but I was so tired I might have missed something in the body of the text.  Anyway all is well and I am home.  I hope everyone else go home as well 

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Wichard said:

pb_uk, I just wanted to let you know we made it home ok.  I just opened a bottle of extra stout Guinness in celebration.  Be safe. 

So glad you are home. Relax and enjoy!

Cheers!  Stay healthy. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wichard said:

pb_uk, I just wanted to let you know we made it home ok.  I just opened a bottle of extra stout Guinness in celebration.  Be safe. 

Just woken up to find your note, and the news gives us both here a joyous start to the day!  We wish you both well for the future.

Oh, and if ever I see a Texan drinking Guinness, it will remind me of you 😁

• Like 4

I am finally home after being on the Coral Princess.  I have been reading thru all the post, not sure if I clearly understand the true numbers for some of the things happened.

I am just trying to get more accurate number understanding of status of things that have happen:

* Have many passengers and crew remind on the ship?

* Am I correct 3 passengers passed away?

*How many passengers and/or crew members were taken to the hospital  for medical treatment from the ship?

*How many passengers and/or crew remind on the ship sick?

• Like 4

Bless all of you who made it home safe and sound.  It was an ordeal; and there is nothing better than sleeping in your own bed.  it brings comfort knowing you are all ok

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wichard said:

when you were  confined to your cabin, could you still order room service adult beverages, and did they charge you for them ?