Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

When and if cruising resumes , the cruise lines will have to impose very strict conditions in order to protect themselves from any law suits . One such will probably be compulsory and comprehensive insurance for all passengers . The Insurance Co s themselves will be tough  and impose even stricter terms .

Does not look good .

It will be tough to get some for sure.

3 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

When and if cruising resumes , the cruise lines will have to impose very strict conditions in order to protect themselves from any law suits . One such will probably be compulsory and comprehensive insurance for all passengers . The Insurance Co s themselves will be tough  and impose even stricter terms .

Does not look good .

I think when there’s a vaccine thing will take off.

11 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I think when there’s a vaccine thing will take off.

I hope so ...but the general public have lost confidence in cruising  now they have seen what can happen .

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

8 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Has anyone else noticed that a certain very popular online Oz cruise TA is now only showing cruises for after September 2nd?

That is sensible. I got an email yesterday from P&O advertising the exact cruise we had cancelled - 30th May to Noumea/Lifou/Port Vila. Surprisingly the price was $450 more than we paid - no special deals there.

Edited by Aus Traveller

On 3/16/2020 at 6:08 PM, VK3DQ said:

I thought most of the lines required something similar now????

Regards

John

No only certain lines, however, don't think they will use this after, as a lot of clientele are over 70?  My husband is 70 probably fitter than some 30 year olds.

On 3/16/2020 at 6:00 PM, Kiwi_cruiser said:

As I got a cruises booked for the South Pacific to Fiji on the 23rd June 2020 on Princess, I will say sometime in May 2020 or early June 2020.

Alaska - As I got another cruise booked in Aug 2020 on Princess, I will say July or early Aug 2020.

We are on the 25th June cruise out of Sydney, and we also have one booked 25th May out of Perth, this is when they released Sapphire Princess cruises to cruise here instead of Asia,  I am trying to remain optimistic?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, subaru94 said:

We are on the 25th June cruise out of Sydney, and we also have one booked 25th May out of Perth, this is when they released Sapphire Princess cruises to cruise here instead of Asia,  I am trying to remain optimistic?

My guess is that neither your 25th May nor the 25th June cruise will go ahead, but the odds on the May cruise definitely do not look good. We have already cancelled a 30th May cruise.

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks Chiliburn,

I am kind of an outsider in this space. Being kinda thick, I didn't realize this "section" was for those from Australia and New Zealand as opposed to those wanting to travel there. Well now that I'm here I find most people are friendly and thoughtful. I hope no one minds that this Canadian sticks around. I guess Rod might mind, but I have ignored him anyway.

We are coming to New Zealand and Australia in January and February 2021 so looking for knowledge from locals.

Cheers

you are certainly welcome and hope we can help with any of your planning.

12 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

My guess is that neither your 25th May nor the 25th June cruise will go ahead, but the odds on the May cruise definitely do not look good. We have already cancelled a 30th May cruise.

I am having some issues with a TA over the recently refunded Princess cruise we did on the Majestic Princess, Princess refunded 70% as we did a short cruise to Perth before Princess stopped it, TA received our refund, however, they want to take out $600 of our money as they said it had been cancelled, it was out of control, not happy.

11 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Royal have extended their cruise suspension until 11 May 2020 now. Chances are other lines that had only gone into April will do the same.

We have a cruise planned to tassie with gut in December hope I get to meet him?

20 minutes ago, subaru94 said:

I am having some issues with a TA over the recently refunded Princess cruise we did on the Majestic Princess, Princess refunded 70% as we did a short cruise to Perth before Princess stopped it, TA received our refund, however, they want to take out $600 of our money as they said it had been cancelled, it was out of control, not happy.

Sounds like a bit of a joke. I'm sure the TA would have been paid for the cruise as cruiselines generally grandfather these cruises and in fact you didn't get a full refund so it wasn't cancelled. In which case they got their commission so double dipping like that is unjustified. 

If they didn't get their commission I can understand sticking to their terms but this seems unlikely.

13 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Sounds like a bit of a joke. I'm sure the TA would have been paid for the cruise as cruiselines generally grandfather these cruises and in fact you didn't get a full refund so it wasn't cancelled. In which case they got their commission so double dipping like that is unjustified. 

If they didn't get their commission I can understand sticking to their terms but this seems unlikely.

They have they are saying because it was cancelled my argument is I did not cancel Princess did, I am thinking of contacting Consumer Affairs over it, will book directly with Princess for future cruises.

3 minutes ago, subaru94 said:

They have they are saying because it was cancelled my argument is I did not cancel Princess did, I am thinking of contacting Consumer Affairs over it, will book directly with Princess for future cruises.

Is it a large TA or a small one?

1 minute ago, subaru94 said:

Lets say they like flying, so a big one.

I booked a trip with them years ago.

we had to fly,a cruise and land tour and fly home.

They booked the return flight a month before we left.

I picked it up after at home.

They said I had signed for it so it was my fault.

I had to pay for another flight.

3 minutes ago, peter1956 said:

Oh dear. That's the one we went through. I thought they were the Centre of things?

If you can let me know how you go please with getting your refund, I am not sure if it the local one or Australia wide?

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

I booked a trip with them years ago.

we had to fly,a cruise and land tour and fly home.

They booked the return flight a month before we left.

I picked it up after at home.

They said I had signed for it so it was my fault.

I had to pay for another flight.

Yep won't be dealing with them again, and they wonder why people start dealing with online agents or directly with cruise lines.

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks Chiliburn,

I am kind of an outsider in this space. Being kinda thick, I didn't realize this "section" was for those from Australia and New Zealand as opposed to those wanting to travel there. Well now that I'm here I find most people are friendly and thoughtful. I hope no one minds that this Canadian sticks around. I guess Rod might mind, but I have ignored him anyway.

We are coming to New Zealand and Australia in January and February 2021 so looking for knowledge from locals.

Cheers

No, the section of the forum isn't just for 'local' - we welcome everyone. If you are planning to come to NZ and Aust early next year, well, you are virtually a local already. 😉

1 minute ago, subaru94 said:

If you can let me know how you go please with getting your refund, I am not sure if it the local one or Australia wide?

Will do 🙂

Celebrity only just announced the cancellation of the cruise. Celebrity have a site where you can claim the refund. Not sure if this will excluded the TA. I am waiting for the emails to decide what to do.

Good luck with your claim.

55 minutes ago, subaru94 said:

This may be the TA we book through. When we cancelled a P&O cruise for 30th May that we had paid in full, the TA said there would be a cancellation fee of $300 each. They said it would be held on our 'account' with them, with $500 of it available to be used as a credit against a future booking. The other $100 was their administration fee. I quietly and politely negotiated with them and they agreed to just the $100 admin fee. We accepted that.

I am not sure if it is the same TA. Our's is the one we to to 1st when Cruising.😉

Edited by Aus Traveller