How long will the refund take?

Ehg

4 minutes ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

Please stop phoning Celebrity to follow up after you have requested your  booking to be cancelled. Patience is a virtue

Ontario Cruiser

Agree. Refunds and or FCC aren't going to happen overnight. :classic_rolleyes:

Usually  it takes 10-14 days. If you wont be refunded in 14 days you can always give the a call to clarify the information. Also be sure to check the date they started to process your request. If it was on Friday, it will mean 3 more additional days or if it was Monday, then it will take 14-16 days. Don't worry. If you request has been proceeded you should be fine. I wouldn't recommend calling them every day either. Relax and wait for your money 

13 minutes ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

Please stop phoning Celebrity to follow up after you have requested your  booking to be cancelled. Patience is a virtue

Ontario Cruiser

I think people would not be so concerned if Celebrity sent the confirmation email  the form said it would.

Edited by mafig
  • Like 4

I cancelled on 8th March. TA said it would take up to 11 days. Got an e mail from Celebrity yesterday 15 March detailing amounts to be refunded (all correct) then said refund would take up to 2 Credit Card billings. Potentially could be up to 8 weeks depending on credit card billing. Not too concerned as I have it in writing.

We were on a b2b that was cancelled. The FCC's for both cruises arrived 6 days after the first cruise cancelled. 

They came by email.

The refund going to the credit card could take up two billing cycles to process. That was before everything shut down.

Edited by ozark74

Our FCC's arrived today, 8 days after cancellation of a mid-April cruise. I think that's very decent considering the volume they are experiencing. Refunds always take longer, so I'm not expecting to see anything for at least a week or two more.

3 hours ago, Ehg said:

Did you get an acknowledgement of your request though? We haven’t even had that. We are concerned they haven’t received our request. 🤷‍♀️

Celebrity has tens of thousands of notifications. Each one must be done manually.  With the panic I sense in your post being repeated by others generating calls and emails it will take even longer.

FCCs are good this year and if from a cancellation you have 8 MONTHS to change into a refund. Relax.  The volume of calls is 50 times normal.

My TA just emailed me that she finally got through to Celebrity for the refund.  I had told her not to worry because we had up until 12/31 to ask for the cash refund, and she had many more frantic clients to take care of.  They told her it would take 7-10 business days.  EM

• Thanks 1

Our March 15 cruise on the Silhouette was canceled on March 13 and we chose the refund option. I called in to Celebrity today and spoke with a very pleasant and polite agent (less than two minutes on hold). He confirmed that my refund had been processed today (March 17) and that we would see a credit on our credit card in 7-10 business days from today. Kudos to Celebrity staff!!

1 hour ago, Sunchaser46 said:

He confirmed that my refund had been processed today (March 17) and that we would see a credit on our credit card in 7-10 business days from today

Make sure it's done correctly. Mine showed up on my credit card in 3 amounts which is still short by $1,110. They put the rest on a FCC which was incorrect. My friend received the full amount plus generous FCC which was actually my refund. I've had to do all their accounting for them and emailed to my TA.  Now they have to cancel the credits issue new ones with right amount and refund me the difference.  Such a mess.

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Make sure it's done correctly. Mine showed up on my credit card in 3 amounts which is still short by $1,110. They put the rest on a FCC which was incorrect. My friend received the full amount plus generous FCC which was actually my refund. I've had to do all their accounting for them and emailed to my TA.  Now they have to cancel the credits issue new ones with right amount and refund me the difference.  Such a mess.

Thank you for the advice. I had booked with Celebrity directly; no TA so hoping my refund is straightforward. I will keep my eye out for any errors!

On 3/16/2020 at 1:01 PM, maxydu said:

We cancelled over the phone this past Saturday morning and are expecting a refund. I asked for a cancellation number or

an acknowledgement of request and received neither. I guess we're just going to have to trust the system for the time being.

At lease I documented the date, time, and the name of the representative I spoke with on the call......

we cancelled 5 cruises 11 days ago through Costco. 2 days ago got email with FCC credits, but still waiting for cash refund to CC.

1 minute ago, simonph said:

Don’t mind as long as everyone is being told the same story

I don't mind either but when they've made an error on your refund and shorted you $$$ they need to go back into their system to correct. I feel they are rushing through and not taking care thus creating more work for themselves. 

Was on the cancelled 2/15 cruise - Received my 50% FCC 2 weeks ago and was told 9-10 days for refund - Still waiting, but I know its in the system - I'll get it eventually, just have to wait I guess.. Received my airfare reimbursement 2 weeks ago as well... They're swamped and understaffed..

1 hour ago, JOHN474 said:

we cancelled 5 cruises 11 days ago through Costco. 2 days ago got email with FCC credits, but still waiting for cash refund to CC.

Wow...5?  I have one booked this fall, I hope it sails.  Ready to go. 

I am still wishing I was sailing on the Edge the 29th of this month.  

On 3/16/2020 at 11:32 AM, cruisingator2 said:

I called yesterday to ask for a refund on our canceled B2B and was told that it had been canceled but there are extra steps in this case. The booking will now go to someone to review and then the credits will be issued along with emails sent showing the cancellation. They have already refunded the excursions and taxes. I was told to expect it to possibly take up to two to three weeks to process the remainder. 

To add to this, I called X back as a few hours after I had originally called to ask for the refund as I noticed that our cruises were still showing as active on my bookings. I was told that they would show active until they were reviewed and officially canceled. As of this morning they’re still active. I can only assume that they’re bombarded right now and it’s going to take time. 

If everyone would slow down.  Your (any my) refunds and FCCs will come.  When you call you simply delay your refund.  For those awaiting a FCC would think a month.  I cancelled a cruise 3 weeks ago. The refund took 1 week. Awaiting the FCC.

Right now I have a large credit on my credit card and few places to spend it.  Do you think X is waiting to cancel the next groups of cruises until they catch up?

Just keep your paperwork. Print out emails and wait.  Understand it is hard.

On 3/16/2020 at 3:15 PM, Ontario Cruiser said:

Ontario Cruiser

Yes.  Those of us who were stuck in Chile, trying to figure out what was happening and how to get home, really appreciated not being able to get through to someone because your refund didn't come through the next day!

• Like 1

Hi All, hoping someone here can clarify this for me:  I cancelled our April 3 cruise on Reflection on March 6 and received 100% FCC.   I received an email Sunday past with the amount of FCC but this did not include fees and taxes.   Will the fees and taxes be refunded to my credit card?  Thanks

3 minutes ago, nlcruiser01 said:

Hi All, hoping someone here can clarify this for me:  I cancelled our April 3 cruise on Reflection on March 6 and received 100% FCC.   I received an email Sunday past with the amount of FCC but this did not include fees and taxes.   Will the fees and taxes be refunded to my credit card?  Thanks

Taxes fees port charges will be refunded to your credit card.