How long will the refund take?

Ehg

Sail date March 28th

Celebrity canceled cruise on March 13th

Called March 14th to see about moving to August 1st.  Requested same route and cabin (it was open) I was told I would lose all 4 perks AND it would be additional $1,100. (I knew we had a great deal) I ask when is it due, he said NOW. I told him I couldn't do it now so please send my refund.

March 16th went online just to see if the cabin was still open for the August 1st sail date.  It was and if I booked it online the final payment due May 3rd.

Now I'm very angry he didn't tell me that. Still waiting for the refund, we may rebook not sure.

March 24th received refund for the two tours we had purchased.

March 26th still no refund for the cruise.

Celebrity should post a status of refunds and FCC on their website and update it daily. Don’t think it will be too hard for them to do if there is any method to their process. They should say which weeks cruises are being refunded and FCC’s being issued or date of cancellation, whatever method they are using for refunds and FCCs. It would save them a lot of time in people calling for status all day long!!!!! 

Edited by vkb2751
  • Like 3

Our April 1st cruise was cancelled by Celebrity on 8th March before the bulk of the other cancellations.

We had booked directly with Celebrity in the UK.

All refunds received yesterday directly to accounts that paid. So thats approx three weeks. 25% FCC received on 12th March.

I called asking (again) about a promised credit on our disrupted Silhouette cruise.  I was told that they did not have my complete credit card number on file.  You would think that they might have contacted me... And the 25% refund does not include the 25% on taxes fees and other... just line one on the invoice: cruise fare..

Cancelled on 3/10 through my TA. As of 3/29 still no refund. I don’t understand why it is taking so long. Airlines are just as busy too. I cancelled my flight on Delta and received a refund within 2 days. 

On 3/27/2020 at 12:37 PM, Argo. said:

I called asking (again) about a promised credit on our disrupted Silhouette cruise.  I was told that they did not have my complete credit card number on file.  You would think that they might have contacted me... And the 25% refund does not include the 25% on taxes fees and other... just line one on the invoice: cruise fare..

If they charged your credit card they should be able to refund the same way. Have them verify the last 4 digits of your card. If not satisfied with the answer call back until you get an agent who knows what they're doing.

On 3/27/2020 at 12:13 PM, rosadilla said:

I cancelled on March 10th, still have not seen a refund, when I call and ask, they say it will be coming sometime.  They don't say when.  So when do I start worrying they can't meet all the refund requests?

We also cancelled a Celebrity cruise on March 10th.  So today is the 20th day and no refund yet.

I called on Friday...they said the refund had been "posted" (which I guess means "in progress").  The rep said to give it a few more days.  I'm hoping to get it by this Friday, April 3rd.

The frustrating part is that when I pay them they pull the money instantly.  Refunds take days and even weeks.  If they can automate pulling funds then they should be able to automate refunds too.

• Like 3

Wow!  Lots of impatient people.

Refunds and FCC cannot be automated because of TA or no TA. People cancelling with and without Cruise with Confidence. People wanting a FCC and others only for part and still others full refund.

I was asked by my big box TA to wait for 6-8 weeks before calling with a goal of 4 weeks for our refund.  All these hundreds of calls simply delays refunds further.  Celebrity has plenty of cash - some $2 BILLION so if you want a refund relax.

Patience with both you TA - yes I understand there are a couple TAs out there with customer service that has failed - articles document this - but more and X will get things done accurately and as soon as possible if we can stop calling them for a while.

• Like 2

I would be happier and more patient if the link I used in the email Celebrity sent me....to use for a full refund, declining the FCC, that flashed me a brief message saying I would receive an email verification....ever actually sent me anything.  And I thought Celebrity said any pre-purchased items like gratuities or dining packages would be refunded much sooner than the actual cruise fare.  I haven't seen that either.

1 hour ago, az_tchr said:

Wow!  Lots of impatient people.

Refunds and FCC cannot be automated because of TA or no TA. People cancelling with and without Cruise with Confidence. People wanting a FCC and others only for part and still others full refund.

I was asked by my big box TA to wait for 6-8 weeks before calling with a goal of 4 weeks for our refund.  All these hundreds of calls simply delays refunds further.  Celebrity has plenty of cash - some $2 BILLION so if you want a refund relax.

Patience with both you TA - yes I understand there are a couple TAs out there with customer service that has failed - articles document this - but more and X will get things done accurately and as soon as possible if we can stop calling them for a while.

Hi,

I agree with most of your comments, except:

"Celebrity has plenty of cash - some $2 BILLION so if you want a refund relax"

The $2 Billion was for RCL (which contains several cruise lines including Celebrity).

This sound like a lot but:

RCL inc employs 77,000 people. Wiki data.

RCL has 26 ships (I'm not sure if this includes the 14 Celebrity ships).

That' s a HUGE salary/month, HUGE number of cancellations over 2 months

(especially if many want a refund).

Simple math (not my strength) says that $2 Billion won't last long.

I could be wrong (Hopefully).

Bill

4 minutes ago, BP99 said:

Hi,

I agree with most of your comments, except:

"Celebrity has plenty of cash - some $2 BILLION so if you want a refund relax"

The $2 Billion was for RCL (which contains several cruise lines including Celebrity).

This sound like a lot but:

RCL inc employs 77,000 people. Wiki data.

RCL has 26 ships (I'm not sure if this includes the 14 Celebrity ships).

That' s a HUGE salary/month, HUGE number of cancellations over 2 months

(especially if many want a refund).

Simple math (not my strength) says that $2 Billion won't last long.

I could be wrong (Hopefully).

Bill

Hi,

Update RCL has 27 ships. Celebrity 14. Other 10 or so. Overall (together): 50 ?

If 50 ships need to run, even at moorings or docks, port fees for storage, food for crew or if sending them home plane tickets(are flight available). That’s millions of dollars per day for at least the next six weeks or longer. 
When RCL got that 2.2 billion dollar load, why did the withdraw the entire amount ASAP?

Hal

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I would be happier and more patient if the link I used in the email Celebrity sent me....to use for a full refund, declining the FCC, that flashed me a brief message saying I would receive an email verification....ever actually sent me anything.  And I thought Celebrity said any pre-purchased items like gratuities or dining packages would be refunded much sooner than the actual cruise fare.  I haven't seen that either.

I agree. I never received an acknowledgement from the TA we used either when I requested the 100% refund when I submitted the requests on 13 March for our 28 March and 4 April Summit cruises. I called the TA this morning and she claims Celebrity has my requests and will be processed NLT 13 April. I forgot to ask the TA before we hung up,  April of what year.

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

The same as others have stated I have requested a refund for a April 13 cruise.  I have read on another topic that you can tell if your refund has been processed by going into their site and seeing if your cruise is still listed in your future cruises,  if it is than yours has not been processed yet.  Now I know that its going to take weeks or months before I get a refund but I just wanted to know if that actually processed my request for a refund taking into consideration their great web site for accuracy.  But I did go into my future cruise page and used the chat feature ( bottom right corner )  and asked the person that I had a chat with and she went in and check that the request was recorded the day I cancelled,  so at least I know that its in the system to be processed.

Our silhouette Cruise is not scheduled until May 30. It has not yet been canceled by Celebrity. Just wondering what the offer to clients is.  
Are the choices:  FCC (100% or more?) or a full refund (no FCC)?  Our full final fare amount was due and paid mid March, just days before the panic ensued.  I had been hopeful this issue would be rectified in time for our month-long trip to Europe.  Obviously that is not gonna happen, I am not panicked  nor anxious, just curious as to what I can expect when/if the cruise is canceled.  Thanks 

12 minutes ago, susierailroad said:

Our silhouette Cruise is not scheduled until May 30. It has not yet been canceled by Celebrity. Just wondering what the offer to clients is.  
Are the choices:  FCC (100% or more?) or a full refund (no FCC)?  Our full final fare amount was due and paid mid March, just days before the panic ensued.  I had been hopeful this issue would be rectified in time for our month-long trip to Europe.  Obviously that is not gonna happen, I am not panicked  nor anxious, just curious as to what I can expect when/if the cruise is canceled.  Thanks 

Wait for Celebrity to cancel your cruise and make you the offer. Very well could be the current offer of 125% FCC or 100% cash refund. 

I had planned a cruise next September. I ended up cancelling that on March 10th, and was told by Celebrity Cruises that I would get a refund in 10 days or so. Well, it's April 3rd and I still don't have my money. They keep saying it is "in process". Outrageous!

1 hour ago, rosadilla said:

I had planned a cruise next September. I ended up cancelling that on March 10th, and was told by Celebrity Cruises that I would get a refund in 10 days or so. Well, it's April 3rd and I still don't have my money. They keep saying it is "in process". Outrageous!

Nothing  back yet on our card for our March 8th cancellation of Summit.

It is concerning that X claims the refund was  was sent to our card in 4 sep amts on  March 23, 24 and 25th  AND they have our cruise file marked closed! 

They REFUSE to discuss  it further or provide anything in writing or a transaction no  that we can give to the credit card company .. 

If credit is not on by Monday we will try to lodge a protest of some sort..

Worst company we have ever dealt with regarding a refund!