Canadian US borders

Ontario Cruiser

18 minutes ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

They are now closed So what will happen to our cruises

Ontario Cruiser

Gone with the wind along with a lot of other more important things besides "what happens with my cruise". Take the FCC and keep your head down. Be well. p.s. don;t buy any cruise line stock.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

Ontario Cruiser

I took 2 FCCs of $125 each the rest is or will be refunded.  I'm assuming I'll be able to claim flights with the airlines now for missed flights. 

10 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I took 2 FCCs of $125 each the rest is or will be refunded.  I'm assuming I'll be able to claim flights with the airlines now for missed flights. 

Airlines are mostly issuing credits - not refunds.  

9 hours ago, Fouremco said:

To be accurate, they are only closed for non-essential travel. 

There's no indication that this is a long-term closure, and I don't foresee cruises restarting any sooner than the border reopening.

Which border? Canada, UK, France, Spain, Italy and probably 20 others?

11 hours ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

Ontario Cruiser

It would be most helpful (and you would get more accurate responses) if you would give some basic details, such as:

1. what cruise are you referring to (Ship/dates/embarkation & debarkation ports)

2.  where do you live, what is your citizenship, and how are you getting to/from the ship

good luck to you.

I think I actually understand the question regarding borders, since Ontario Cruiser (OC) is probably out of Ontario (yes, I went out on the proverbial limb on that one). That said, if OC has to leave Canada and drive to New Jersey (Bayonne) to leave on a cruise the border crossing restrictions of today would likely not allow such travel, since it's for recreation and travel (non-essential).

Of course, even worse than the border crossing issue is that of the Canadian ports being closed to cruise ships, maybe until July 1st. If those port restrictions aren't lifted the border crossing problem is moot, since OC couldn't catch a cruise anyway.

I hope this makes sense.

10 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

It would be most helpful (and you would get more accurate responses) if you would give some basic details, such as:

1. what cruise are you referring to (Ship/dates/embarkation & debarkation ports)

2.  where do you live, what is your citizenship, and how are you getting to/from the ship

good luck to you.

I'm not @Ontario Cruiser, but I think I can provide a pretty accurate answer on her behalf.

1. Any cruises departing from the US during the border closure that have been booked by Canadians. The same would apply to Americans for cruises departing Canada. In either event, because of the border closing, people can't cross into the other country for tourism.

2. Ontario, a province of Canada. The method of travel is irrelevant while the border is closed for non-essential travel.

• Thanks 1

The border will remain closed as long as there is a health threat.

As song as there is a health threat, there will be no cruises for anyone.

When it is safe to cruise again, it will be safe to reopen the borders.

• Like 2

With what's going on throughout the world , who the hell cares about cruising.

Better to think about your health, your family and friends , the economy , and your stock market portfolio.

Trust me, being concerned about " someone " getting access into Blu , who the Cruise Director or Captain is , or where to stay for one night before a cruise , really isn't THAT important at this time .

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Better to think about your health, your family and friends , the economy , and your stock market portfolio.

All of the above. Stock market tanking quickly. Family and friends all safe though.🙏

On 3/18/2020 at 10:24 PM, K12Guy said:

I think I actually understand the question regarding borders, since Ontario Cruiser (OC) is probably out of Ontario (yes, I went out on the proverbial limb on that one). That said, if OC has to leave Canada and drive to New Jersey (Bayonne) to leave on a cruise the border crossing restrictions of today would likely not allow such travel, since it's for recreation and travel (non-essential).

Of course, even worse than the border crossing issue is that of the Canadian ports being closed to cruise ships, maybe until July 1st. If those port restrictions aren't lifted the border crossing problem is moot, since OC couldn't catch a cruise anyway.

I hope this makes sense.

Cruising from Bayonne not happening in the near term...yet the Summit May 9th cruise from that port was not yet cancelled by X.

We  have cancelled but folks on  my former roll call are waiting for the word!

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

Cruising from Bayonne not happening in the near term...yet the Summit May 9th cruise from that port was not yet cancelled by X.

We  have cancelled but folks on  my former roll call are waiting for the word!

I cancelled my July 5th cruise to Bermuda out of Bayonne. Fortunately had not made final payment and received $125 FCC. 

18 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I cancelled my July 5th cruise to Bermuda out of Bayonne. Fortunately had not made final payment and received $125 FCC. 

I might be wrong but I thought the FCC is 125 % of what was paid , not $125 .

12 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

I might be wrong but I thought the FCC is 125 % of what was paid , not $125 .

Either typo or if final payment is not made, would the only payment be $100 deposit?  So $100 x 125% = $125 FCC?   Or would they give you 125% of the full fare even if you have not paid the full fare yet?

Just now, lostchild said:

Either typo or if final payment is not made, would the only payment be $100 deposit?  So $100 x 125% = $125 FCC?   Or would they give you 125% of the full fare even if you have not paid the full fare yet?

Why would they give you anything for something you didn't pay for ???

Therefore , if you paid in full , you would have the option to receive either 100% credit to your credit card or 125% of what you paid in the form of a FCC.

If you only made a deposit , they will issue a FCC for the amount of the deposit.

34 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Why would they give you anything for something you didn't pay for ???

Therefore , if you paid in full , you would have the option to receive either 100% credit to your credit card or 125% of what you paid in the form of a FCC.

If you only made a deposit , they will issue a FCC for the amount of the deposit.

Is it possible that's why @drakes2 got $125?  $100 deposit * 125% = $125 FCC?

Just now, lostchild said:

Is it possible that's why @drakes2 got $125?  $100 deposit * 125% = $125 FCC?

To explain---

We made a deposit of $ 200 

We cancelled the cruise before any addition $$$$$ were added to the file ( reservation in Canada )

The cruise line ( Celebrity ) is going to issue a FCC for $ 200 -- Not $ 200 + 25 %

It's really quite simple.