What about the crew?

Waju

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Beans!! Did you say beans. Real baked beans?? Are you shopping on the blackmarket John? 😆

Avril 

I did have to buy Branston ones last week Avril, but I always have quite a few cans in reserve at all times.

34 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I did have to buy Branston ones last week Avril, but I always have quite a few cans in reserve at all times.

We're you a boy scout? Be prepared dib dib dib✌.😉

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

They are better than Heinz ones.

10 hours ago, emam said:

They are better than Heinz ones.

Anything is better than Heinz, my wife persuaded me recently to buy Heinz rather than our usual Tesco own brand, their taste was inferior, and the top 10-15% of the can was just sauce.  Heinz are now has "beans" for us.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Anything is better than Heinz, my wife persuaded me recently to buy Heinz rather than our usual Tesco own brand, their taste was inferior, and the top 10-15% of the can was just sauce.  Heinz are now has "beans" for us.

A couple of weeks ago, a local wholesaler who supplies the restaurant trade started selling boxes of fresh fruit, veg, dairy etc plus large bags (3kg) of rice and dried pasta. Fantastic. It also contained a 2.6 kilo tin of baked beans. Neither of us are fond of baked beans, certainly not in bulk. Any suggestions of what we can do with 2.6 kilos of baked beans. Green beans would no doubt be useful preparation for our next cruise, whenever that happens to be, but not baked beans.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Couldn’t agree more, another vote for Tesco beans here... now if only I could get a delivery slot 🤔 

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

A couple of weeks ago, a local wholesaler who supplies the restaurant trade started selling boxes of fresh fruit, veg, dairy etc plus large bags (3kg) of rice and dried pasta. Fantastic. It also contained a 2.6 kilo tin of baked beans. Neither of us are fond of baked beans, certainly not in bulk. Any suggestions of what we can do with 2.6 kilos of baked beans. Green beans would no doubt be useful preparation for our next cruise, whenever that happens to be, but not baked beans.

We quite often use them in chilli as neither of us are too fond of kidney beans. But heaven knows how much chilli a catering size tin of baked beans would require.

5 hours ago, pete14 said:

Please don't eat them all at once if you're self - isolating 😂

Avril 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, pete14 said:

Well look on the bright side you will certainly be regular for a few month.

😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I also read somewhere that a crew member from Azura had a positive test. Not heard anything else about it since though. 

Avril 

I would have been more amazed if none of the crew tested positive, but since most are young hopefully they will shrug it off fairly easily.

I would have been more amazed if none of the crew tested positive, but since most are young hopefully they will shrug it off fairly easily.

All P&O ships seem to have been clear of the virus all the way though this. I had not heard about Azura crew member. Either lucky or not in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

7 hours ago, daiB said:

All P&O ships seem to have been clear of the virus all the way though this. I had not heard about Azura crew member. Either lucky or not in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did I not hear that both Britannia and Azura came back with suspected cases on board? 

Andy 

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Did I not hear that both Britannia and Azura came back with suspected cases on board? 

Andy 

I hadn't heard about Britannia. Let's hope they where retested and came back negative as we've heard happening before. On another point, Google news this morning are  reporting MSC are not paying some crew members who are on board waiting to be repatriated. At least P&O are looking after their crew. 

Avril 

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I hadn't heard about Britannia. Let's hope they where retested and came back negative as we've heard happening before. On another point, Google news this morning are  reporting MSC are not paying some crew members who are on board waiting to be repatriated. At least P&O are looking after their crew. 

Avril 

I thought I heard that passengers who got off Britannia were sent letters after their return advising that if they had any symptoms they should self isolate? 

Can't remember the source though... 

Andy 

Back from Arcadia World cruise and booked on 2021. According to ship 863 were on full world cruise. The crew were brilliant so friendly and happy we all had many laughs for the last 31 days. I have never known a month go so quickly. They will forever be in my thoughts and prayers as we settle into this mad world.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have just read on the news that Queen Victoria is to be quarantined for two weeks as they have covid cases on board. Also Fred Olsen's Black Watch. It's in the Business Insider  on Google news.

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47

On 4/2/2020 at 9:15 AM, pete14 said:

Any suggestions of what we can do with 2.6 kilos of baked beans.

Put them in the bath.  Step into the bath and post the photograph here.  Can't see any issues at all with that solution.