What about the crew?

Waju

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Heinz have been having a measure up.. 😊

Andy 

Have to say that this gave me a much needed laugh this Groundhog Sunday morning --------- despite the content Andy :classic_tongue:

• Like 1

I caught a video blog of a Princess officer on YouTube.  He explained that a lot of Princess cruise ships have rendevoued in Manila Bay to redistribute crew by nationality.   They are doing health tests and quarantine, and then using ships tenders to transfer crew depending on their nationality and home country onto specific ships. The next stage is to send the various ships to different countries to disembark the relevant crew to their home countries.

Regards John

• Like 1

A little piece from the BBC, just now

“At a public transport terminal, several buses have arrived carrying Filipinos who excitedly waved at us despite the scorching temperature of 34C.

This is the first batch of Filipino crew members from the Queen Elizabeth cruise ship, disembarking today after a month of quarantine.

The cruise ship, which set sail from Australia, arrived in the country on 20 April. A day after their arrival, the crew members were tested for Covid-19 and sent to 14-day mandatory quarantine.

But after that, they were still not allowed to leave the ship since test results were unavailable.

One crew member, Federico Marcos, said the problem was the Philippine government. He said they were tested a couple of times and were scheduled to leave the ship on 6 May but weren’t given any information on their disembarkation.

"We were quarantined and tested. After the quarantine, we are scheduled for another swab test? Why? For what?"

A Filipina ship stewardess also said she is "mentally not okay" and unsure of what the government is doing right now.

About 300 Filipinos are still onboard the ship, and waiting for their test results and certifications.”

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kalos said:

It's unbelievable that this type of thing can be allowed to happen.Those poor crew members. It's terrible.

Avril 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's unbelievable that this type of thing can be allowed to happen.Those poor crew members. It's terrible.

Avril 

Shocking ,just shocking :classic_sad:

39 minutes ago, kalos said:

Shocking ,just shocking :classic_sad:

Yes it is. 

On the plus side though my OH was reading some messages posted on a social media site from Goan and Indian crew members who were among 600 recently repatriated from Portsmouth by Marella on two specially chartered TUI flights.  Their words of gratitude and praise for the Company's personnel who had been working round the clock (their words) to get them home was heart-warming.  They mentioned how well they were looked after on board - staying in balcony cabins, well fed by the chefs and generally felt valued.  I was very touched to know despite the enforced stay on board they were clearly very pleased to have been treated so well, specifically mentioning the Capt., senior management, pursers, food & beverage dept and hotel manager. 

"a big thank you to our Company for taking the best care of us during this bad situation..... for providing us good food, free WiFi, amazing balcony cabins and lots of other options."

It must have been an awful time for crew so 'Well done' to those companies who have looked after them so well.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Even if CMV survive, which is unlikely,  I hope none of us will cruise with them. Terrible behaviour from management.  Do they have no humanity?

I have never been tempted to cruise with CMV because a work colleague sailed with them and left the ship at the first port and flew home because he said that he felt that safety did not seem to be a priority onboard.

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Even if CMV survive, which is unlikely,  I hope none of us will cruise with them. Terrible behaviour from management.  Do they have no humanity?

Am I missing something, from my reading of the article the main problem is the covid19 lockdown arrangements worldwide, in which India has refused to allow cruise ships to berth in order to repatriate the crew, and will only allow entry on Air India flights, which are few and far between, and ridiculously expensive.  

CMV is clearly strapped for cash, so late payment of crew is not unexpected, and there is no mention of any poor treatment of the crew, except for them all being desperate to return home, which is natural.

I am not sure in the circumstances what CMV could have done to speed up the repatriation if the Indian govt were not willing to increase the Air India flights.

Saw a video on social media recently of Capt Neil Turnbull departing from Azura recently.  The crew lined the corridors to see him off on his way to the tender platform with lots of signs referring to him as Papa Duck.  They were clearly proud of the way he had been looking after the crew.

• Like 4