What about the crew?

Waju

5 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Put them in the bath.  Step into the bath and post the photograph here.  Can't see any issues at all with that solution.

I can but I’m not sure where to start. 😊

There is some interesting articles on a crew website that was previously posted on here, though the link has now gone.

Search for crew and centre. One of the pages (the last one on the blue banner) shows some photos of crew quarters on a few ships. I wonder how P&O's compare to those. 

Also on that page is a link to the social face page, which again is interesting. For those of you who don't use it try the link you might still be able to see the pages.

Here is a posting from there.

A message from P&O Cruises crew member
"I'm a crew from P&O Cruise carnival UK i want to say thank you for all their support to crew. we are in pause operation and we are staying in our ship dock in Dover. Our company always think of our safety in our ship they provided what we want nice food good accommodation and they allowed us to use passengers facilities. and our colleagues from india who can't go home because of lockdown our company allowed them to stay in ship as a visitors. and when we go home they always make sure that we will go home safe and still our company support are always there. thank you p&o cruises once again you are always there in difficult times like this and thank you for your act of goodwill to all your crew. god bless p&o cruises and pray for more success in your business in the future."

• Like 4

9th April 2020

P&O Oceana and Aurora Filipino crew disembarked today
Oceana (P&O ship) had 130 Filipino disembark today in Port of Dover. They will have charter flight from the Heathrow Airport to Manila today.
Oceana ship was without guest since 18th of March and did not had any case of Covid19 and its COVID free ship.
After the Indonesian crew left few days ago today some of the Filipino Crew is leaving home, the other Filipino left on board will leave in next few days.
Captain of the vessel saluted the busses with honking the horn of the ship, and all officers on board saluted them on the gangway while leaving1f64f.png1f44c.png
The other ship on the photo Aurora(P&O) also had Filipino crew disembark today, number of crew is not confirmed but should be around 40-50 crew.
15 of them are on the way back to the ship, apparently, there was some issues with the tickets1f937_200d_2642.png
So 15 of them will be isolated for 14 days, but there is possibility they will fly within the next few days.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Nice to know that P&O respect their crew and look after them. A big difference to what others would like you to believe. We'll done P&O

Avril 

Indeed.

I also wonder how the people who in normal times would be working at the cruise terminals in Southampton are faring.

Just noticed that Ventura is now anchored off Weymouth.  Not great for the crew being stuck out in an anchorage, but then not much for them ashore at the moment either.  I'd like to think that at least PandO will allow them free use of the internet if they can't get a phone signal.

Two Marella ships in the Nab anchorage.

3 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Just noticed that Ventura is now anchored off Weymouth.  Not great for the crew being stuck out in an anchorage, but then not much for them ashore at the moment either.  I'd like to think that at least PandO will allow them free use of the internet if they can't get a phone signal.

Two Marella ships in the Nab anchorage.

I thought she was in Southampton yesterday, she figured in a filmed news report of the port, maybe it was archive footage.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I read that they were. 

Crew were thanking P&O for how well they had looked after them recently. 

Andy 

It's on this thread posts 80 & 81

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

It's on this thread posts 80 & 81

Avril 

It mentions using passenger ‘facilities’ which could just mean public areas, but I hope that it extends to passenger cabins as well. 

It mentions using passenger ‘facilities’ which could just mean public areas, but I hope that it extends to passenger cabins as well. 

I had a message from a waiter on Arcadia’s world cruise he has a balcony cabin sent me a photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Clipper Chick said:

I had a message from a waiter on Arcadia’s world cruise he has a balcony cabin sent me a photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s great to hear. It must be so hard for them, not being able to get home and not having their work to keep them occupied. The days must drag for them, so I’m delighted to hear that they are being well looked after. They deserve it given how hard they work for us.

• Like 4

I see that both Ventura and Aurora are now at anchor off Weymouth after a little run in the English Channel yesterday.  Oceana was out and about yesterday as well.

Must be a novel of view of two cruise ships at anchor off Weymouth.

On 5/1/2020 at 9:43 AM, Son of Anarchy said:

I see that both Ventura and Aurora are now at anchor off Weymouth after a little run in the English Channel yesterday.  Oceana was out and about yesterday as well.

Must be a novel of view of two cruise ships at anchor off Weymouth.

Being joined by the Queen Mary this afternoon it appears.