for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

15 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Renee, mine looked the same, but i used a sharp paring knife to scrape the white stuff off the back.   🙂

Did you have less pith on yours than my top piece? If so then mine won't be very good. I had a hard time getting it off. I guess I was cutting to deep.

I bought a 1.75 bottle of vodka so I will need to buy more lemons. My knife wasn't super sharp and i couldn't find the knife sharpner. I'll let Mike sharpen it when he gets back from Frankfurt. Those were a pain to peel.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat you got the same watch as our daughter. She loves it. I bet that Seamaster is beautiful!  I gave my Dad’s 1950 Seamaster to our son with the provision that he never sell it ( it’s worth a few $$$ ) 

Lois. If you do Android check out the Samsung Smart Watch. I’m not sure, but I think they have the 911 feature too. I’m all Apple too.  

The Seamaster is locked away.  It's a very petite watch, not the big honkers you usually think of.  

The Apple Watch was fun to play with last night.  Now, I have to dive in more to turn things on, turn things off, delete some apps (if it doesn't delete off the iPhone at the same time).  I do like that I can buy another watch band if I ever get bored of the white.   

Nothing going on today (what's new about that??).  I do have to go the market by some green Jello to make for watching TV tonight.  If you don't know, green jello is the State Snack.  Every LDS get together/potuck has green jello.   

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

The Seamaster is locked away.  It's a very petite watch, not the big honkers you usually think of.  

The Apple Watch was fun to play with last night.  Now, I have to dive in more to turn things on, turn things off, delete some apps (if it doesn't delete off the iPhone at the same time).  I do like that I can buy another watch band if I ever get bored of the white.   

Nothing going on today (what's new about that??).  I do have to go the market by some green Jello to make for watching TV tonight.  If you don't know, green jello is the State Snack.  Every LDS get together/potuck has green jello.   

Is there a story behind the reason for green jello being the state snack and a necessity for LDS get together?😂

Sherri🙂

Hi girls, for a change I have some fun news........if we all lived near each other I would take ALL of us out to dinner

tonight😃.   I open my mail yesterday  and there is a refund check from the Cancer Facility I have to go to------I have

no clue why they are refunding me $....over 3500.00!!!!!!!  So I call them this morning and not sure if you all recall

but I went through Radiation Treatments back in Jan/Feb. I actually paid them.......well, my insurance must have

crossed and paid too. So the Cancer facility refunded me back my $😃

Like I said, I would love to take us all out............in the meantime, I deposited it into the bank this morning.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

Very pretty. I have to ask--the two outside bottles look suspiciously like Patron tequila bottles.

I can't wait to bottle mine--I'm still two months out. I used a recipe that takes 80 days.

they are patron bottles, good catch!   I totally stole them from my boss, ( I did let her know)  she has been hoarding them in a corner of her office for years & has about 40 of them, so I helped myself :)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, for a change I have some fun news........if we all lived near each other I would take ALL of us out to dinner

tonight😃.   I open my mail yesterday  and there is a refund check from the Cancer Facility I have to go to------I have

no clue why they are refunding me $....over 3500.00!!!!!!!  So I call them this morning and not sure if you all recall

but I went through Radiation Treatments back in Jan/Feb. I actually paid them.......well, my insurance must have

Like I said, I would love to take us all out............in the meantime, I deposited it into the bank this morning.

oh wow, congrats Lois, :)   that is the good kind of surprise :)

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Did you have less pith on yours than my top piece? If so then mine won't be very good. I had a hard time getting it off. I guess I was cutting to deep.

Hi Renee, I didn't cut off the white part, I scraped it with the edge of the knife, kind of like when you burn toast & scrape off the burned part.  Some of my peels were nice and wide & perfect, but lots were tiny pieces, I think as long as there's enough peels it really doesn't matter what size they are....  it was time consuming, but worth it :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Well, that IS good news!!  

Have something excellent for dinner!!  Send us pictures 😷

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Is there a story behind the reason for green jello being the state snack and a necessity for LDS get together?😂

Sherri🙂

I have no idea.  I mean, we even had a green jello pin for the Olympics and it sold out the first day!   I just know that LDS get togethers always have green jello and "funeral potatoes".  The potatoes are a kind of scalloped potato dish but uses hash brown type potatoes, cream of chicken soup, and crushed potato chips on the top.  The potatoes got their name supposedly because they were always served at the post-funeral luncheon... 

• Like 2

Ok, I have some good news to report as well :)     Steve's sister is getting out of the hospital today, & my cousin, who was matron of honor at our wedding, is getting released tomorrow.... both were in for Cov*d virus, & my cousin especially was not doing well, she ended up getting the remdesivir treatment.... I hadn't mentioned them here, cause it's been a bit overwhelming knowing so many people in hospital  (there's quite few more, all from my mom's church group)   anyhow, I feel like this is a good news day!

of course, my mom is still behaving like a college kid on spring break, but you can't have everything ;)

on topic:  OOTD:  wearing black linen shorts,  a sleeveless cotton gauze shirt wi/black embroidery, birks, my Tilley hemp hat, & a leopard print JW mask :)  outside, cause our tv is getting repaired & I don't want to be inside with repair guy...  so more good news, we'll have a decent sized tv for the debate tonight :)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Now, that’s the kind of mail I like to get!!!

• Like 1

Lois, you deserved some good news for a change and so nice of you to want to share with all of us!

Debbie, good news for you and your family. You are relieved I’m sure. It’s too bad that a family celebration most likely isn’t in the planning stages-well maybe a Zoom get together:)

Melodie aka awhfy, I wondered about the meaning of your screen name.

Went to Trader Joe’s this morning and, yes, another OMG  $ total Sadly, they didn’t have the cider (scent) foaming soap. or the pumpkin cream cheese. Did buy lots of other things including lots of fresh fruit and veg. Not my favorite place to buy produce but everything is pre packaged so I figure it is safer than the unpackaged items. We had the Waldorf salad with chicken  for dinner tonight while we watched the more civilized main event.

Sharon

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

Lois, you deserved some good news for a change and so nice of you to want to share with all of us!

Debbie, good news for you and your family. You are relieved I’m sure. It’s too bad that a family celebration most likely isn’t in the planning stages-well maybe a Zoom get together:)

Melodie aka awhfy, I wondered about the meaning of your screen name.

Went to Trader Joe’s this morning and, yes, another OMG  $ total Sadly, they didn’t have the cider (scent) foaming soap. or the pumpkin cream cheese. Did buy lots of other things including lots of fresh fruit and veg. Not my favorite place to buy produce but everything is pre packaged so I figure it is safer than the unpackaged items. We had the Waldorf salad with chicken  for dinner tonight while we watched the more civilized main event.

Sharon

Amen to Debbie!!!  It is always excellent news when people you know comes out the other side with COVID.  Now, help them keep an eye on any post-COVID/longhaul issues.  

I like how your TJ comment is an "OMG".  Mine is "holy crap".    I picked up the Waldorf salad - for tomorrow.  Tonight, I had the new Harvest Apple bagged salad mix - really refreshing.  I added a couple pieces of roasted chicken to the mix.  Yummy!  

Definitely a more civilized event.  I only went through 1/2 a bottle of 19 Crimes.  

• Like 1

Hi girls, well, I decided to have my carpet professionally cleaned.  They are coming tomorrow afternoon. They

are running a special so I am actually have all 3 bedrooms done and I told the gal about the blood stain so hopefully

it will look much better after they do their thing!😃

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, well, I decided to have my carpet professionally cleaned.  They are coming tomorrow afternoon. They

are running a special so I am actually have all 3 bedrooms done and I told the gal about the blood stain so hopefully

it will look much better after they do their thing!😃

definitely the way to go, & if worse comes to worse, you could always put a cut area rug on top of the stain. :)

sharon & kat, thanks for mentioning the waldorf salad, going to the register recorders office to drop off my ballot, & then going to TJ to pick up that salad, sounds good  :)

other good news:   a very expensive car repair from about 18 months ago had a class action lawsuit, & we are getting reimbursed...  they said a check was mailed on tuesday :)

uploaded a little video from last nights run, sound on for the birdsong, it was very peaceful :)

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

definitely the way to go, & if worse comes to worse, you could always put a cut area rug on top of the stain. 🙂

Hi Debbie, I don't think I will need to put anything on top.....actually it looks much better today as well.

• Like 3

Debbie - I had the Waldorf Salad yesterday.  It was good.   Also, pick up one of those Harvest Apple bags of salad if they have it.  Also really good.   What kind of car do you have?  I just got a notice from KIA about some kind of settlement that would give me a lifetime warranty on part of the engine.  Curious. 

My adventures out into the World may go back on hold for a few days.  We've had a big uptick in COVID cases here and our hospital is overtaxed right now.  No reason to get out and about.  

Last note:  after The Big Show Wednesday night, I made a small addition to my Holiday Display.  See if you can find it!  

IMG_0763.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Debbie - I had the Waldorf Salad yesterday.  It was good.   Also, pick up one of those Harvest Apple bags of salad if they have it.  Also really good.   What kind of car do you have?  I just got a notice from KIA about some kind of settlement that would give me a lifetime warranty on part of the engine.  Curious. 

My adventures out into the World may go back on hold for a few days.  We've had a big uptick in COVID cases here and our hospital is overtaxed right now.  No reason to get out and about.  

Last note:  after The Big Show Wednesday night, I made a small addition to my Holiday Display.  See if you can find it!  

IMG_0763.JPG

The fly swatter adds a nice touch!😂 

Sherri🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sailor_Sally said:

The fly swatter ! I watched the debate that was so funny when that fly landed .The snow birds are returning so Florida is getting crowded and the numbers are climbing .

I just couldn't help it.  When I bought this house 12 years ago, the owners left 2 swatters on the laundry room door.  I finally found a reason to use one!  It was just too funny to ignore.   I have to stay up to watch Saturday Night Live tomorrow night to see who plays The Fly.  I want my BFF's boyfriend's son do it (he plays Putin and was Chris Wallace last week), but "the word" has Jeff Goldblum doing it.  It's the gift that keep on giving!!  Kind of like the White House Raccoon that pestered the CNN reporter!

With the snowbirds, you have to watch out for 2 things now - their driving AND their social distancing!!!  Just avoid the Early Bird Specials and Happy Hours for a few months 😷

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1