All international travel is ending

jknc

There are a group of women in Honduras that can't even get home since they have closed the border.  They were to be there for 4 days and are stuck with little money.  They can't even get the State Department to help.  Everyone needs to get home, wherever they come from. 🤨

4 minutes ago, drsel said:

I expect international travel to resume by August September

Else, Airlines will go bankrupt

Bottom line; this is not good for cruises.

Take the cash $$$ and run.

I’ve been saying it for days now. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Plum Happy said:

There are a group of women in Honduras that can't even get home since they have closed the border.  They were to be there for 4 days and are stuck with little money.  They can't even get the State Department to help.  Everyone needs to get home, wherever they come from. 🤨

A women's tackle football team from the United States is trapped in Honduras after the Latin American country decided to close its borders as a response to the coronavirus. The team was visiting Honduras to do some charity work for a local homeless shelter, and play in a tournament. Things only got worse for the players and staff when they got to the airport Sunday only to discover all flights were grounded. Honduras' government had announced that air, sea and land borders would all be closed for seven days. The U.S. Embassy helped the team get discounted hotel rates and room service while the Honduras team provided food. The group is still reportedly rationing out what food it had.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

A women's tackle football team from the United States is trapped in Honduras after the Latin American country decided to close its borders as a response to the coronavirus. The team was visiting Honduras to do some charity work for a local homeless shelter, and play in a tournament. Things only got worse for the players and staff when they got to the airport Sunday only to discover all flights were grounded. Honduras' government had announced that air, sea and land borders would all be closed for seven days. The U.S. Embassy helped the team get discounted hotel rates and room service while the Honduras team provided food. The group is still reportedly rationing out what food it had.

Yes, I saw it on the news yesterday.  Thanks

5 hours ago, drsel said:

I expect international travel to resume by August September

Else, Airlines will go bankrupt

I have a trip to Provence planned for July.  Even though I’m at the point where I don’t mind if it’s cancelled, I would also lose my deposit if I cancel it myself.  If I’m forced to cancel, at least I’m hoping I would get that back. 

Would hope to find out soon so I could make other plans.  Final payment is in early June (only due 30 days before.)

Edited by Alter Ego

Honestly everyone needs to step back and take a breath. A lot of good things happened today as far as very very promising anti viral meds already approved and in use for malaria that has had great results albeit in small control group.  Nobody has a crystal ball in their lap. Maybe a little positivity would help instead of all the doom and gloom. Things will get better soon. Get outside,stop reading the internet all day

Edited by rtazz17
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, rtazz17 said:

Honestly everyone needs to step back and take a breath. A lot of good things happened today as far as very very promising anti viral meds already approved and in use for malaria that has had great results albeit in small control group.  Nobody has a crystal ball in their lap. Maybe a little positivity would help instead of all the doom and gloom. Things will get better soon. Get outside,stop reading the internet all day

except, the person delivering that news has also said

IF YOU WANT A TEST

YOU CAN GET A TEST

there is zero credibility with the messenger. 

Hell, yeah, I hope we get back to normal ASAP. 

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, jknc said:

IF YOU WANT A TEST

YOU CAN GET A TEST

Give me a break.  This is the time to put politics aside.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, voyager70 said:

Give me a break.  This is the time to put politics aside.

I agree, except I’m not wrong. 

If the messenger had any credibility, the market would have exploded w/ optimism. 

It didn’t. 

That’s all you need to know.

Highly cautious skepticism at best. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, jknc said:

If the messenger had any credibility, the market would have exploded w/ optimism. 

It didn’t. 

The market would have exploded when the economy has been forced to grind to a halt?  Okay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jknc said:

IF YOU WANT A TEST

YOU CAN GET A TEST

Highly cautious skepticism at best

So we cant get tested and there is nothing we can do to treat the virus?  Bad Bad News man we are doomed just ride it out till we run out of food I guess, least I know why gun sales are way up!  who ever thought our lives would end like this.

Edited by Newleno

3 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

Not really.  As was indicated by the head of FDA later on in the the broadcast.  The malaria drug is being tested, but not approved for Covid-19. The ones that are most promising are not yet approved for anything in the US, though there should be some clinical results next month.  The most promising is an IV drip, so not likely for wide spread use, only those hospitalized.  The is a drug in Japan that is approved there for the flu that seems to show promise, but is not approved in the US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, npcl said:

Not really.  As was indicated by the head of FDA later on in the the broadcast.  The malaria drug is being tested, but not approved for Covid-19. The ones that are most promising are not yet approved for anything in the US, though there should be some clinical results next month.  The most promising is an IV drip, so not likely for wide spread use, only those hospitalized.  The is a drug in Japan that is approved there for the flu that seems to show promise, but is not approved in the US.

As was said in the briefing off label usage it was pretty clear.

5 hours ago, Alter Ego said:

I have a trip to Provence planned for July.  Even though I’m at the point where I don’t mind if it’s cancelled, I would also lose my deposit if I cancel it myself.  If I’m forced to cancel, at least I’m hoping I would get that back. 

Would hope to find out soon so I could make other plans.  Final payment is in early June (only due 30 days before.)

I have a June cruise that is scheduled to leave Montreal, but Canada has closed ports until at lease 7/1, so that one is toast.  For now I will just have to play the waiting game until they officially cancel so I can get my money back.  I have another cruise in November on Oasis but who knows what will happen then and if they don't relax the over 70 rule about the doctor's release, we won't be going on that either.

On 3/19/2020 at 5:13 PM, rtazz17 said:

So agree with you!  I am the eternal optimist.  I believe all my travel plans will still happen.  Until I am officially notified otherwise, I am planning to take my vacations as planned.  I hate watching the news and listening to all the negativity going on.  I refuse to live my life in fear and plan to keep moving forward as much as possible.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 7:07 PM, jknc said:

It didn’t. 

dunce

On 3/22/2020 at 10:18 AM, karena1 said:

So agree with you!  I am the eternal optimist.  I believe all my travel plans will still happen.  Until I am officially notified otherwise, I am planning to take my vacations as planned.  I hate watching the news and listening to all the negativity going on.  I refuse to live my life in fear and plan to keep moving forward as much as possible.

I hope that you plan to maintain social distancing and being out in public as rarely as possible.  THAT is the only way to stop the forward movement of this highly infectious disease.  

• Like 6