Up to 60 days for refund

Gracie115

Have been waiting for 2 weeks, looks like it will be quite a bit longer.  From the Princess website:

Thank you for your patience during this time. Given the volume of refund requests and the care being dedicated to ensure each guest’s request is processed accurately and in a coordinated manner, please allow for approximately 60 days for refunds to be processed. All refunds will be processed in due course, but delays should be anticipated. Please allow sufficient time for us to manage this process and know we are doing everything in our power to expedite where possible.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Have been waiting for 2 weeks, looks like it will be quite a bit longer.  From the Princess website:

Thank you for your patience during this time. Given the volume of refund requests and the care being dedicated to ensure each guest’s request is processed accurately and in a coordinated manner, please allow for approximately 60 days for refunds to be processed. All refunds will be processed in due course, but delays should be anticipated. Please allow sufficient time for us to manage this process and know we are doing everything in our power to expedite where possible.

5 weeks and 3 days....Still waiting 

• Like 1

Oddly enough, I filled out the forms last week for a refund (using EZ-Air) and this morning my paid (to the airlines) upgrade refunds showed up in my checking account. I had a refund from Delta and American. As for a refund for my flight or cruise, haven’t seen anything yet. 
So, on a positive note something must be happening behind the scenes at Princess. I did not call or request these refunds from the airlines. 

Edited by dearinger

I am fine with up to 60 days. I chose option 1. Whatever refunds I get will just go back into my next cruises anyway. Princess has a lot on their plate. IMO it's best to be patient in order to insure accuracy. I'm certainly no going to get upset about refunds for a cruise when there are so many people out there dealing with real problems.

• Like 5

Yes please be patient.  The money will come; think about the other 75,000 passengers from Princess who are also waiting for their refunds;  thats a lot to process in a few days; hence the 60 day window.

• Like 3

It is not ALL coming at the same time.

My credit card showed refund for taxes, prepaid purchases on the day I cancelled---March 6th.

My Option #1 ---100% FCC showed up in my Personalizer Circle Account ---March 19th.

Still waiting for remainder of my Option #1 FCC.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Yes please be patient.  The money will come; think about the other 75,000 passengers from Princess who are also waiting for their refunds;  thats a lot to process in a few days; hence the 60 day window.

Unless they file for bankruptcy reorganization in that time which could be highly likely.....it should have gone back to CC when cancelled automatically....that is the way it worked with any other cruise we booked and then canceled so it is hard to understand why this cancellation is any different and their computer system could not handle the process.....something smells fishy in Denmark to me because it appears no one on CC has received a refund as of yet to their CC other then some incidental charges....

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Unless they file for bankruptcy reorganization in that time which could be highly likely.....it should have gone back to CC when cancelled automatically....that is the way it worked with any other cruise we booked and then canceled so it is hard to understand why this cancellation is any different and their computer system could not handle the process.....something smells fishy in Denmark to me because it appears no one on CC has received a refund as of yet to their CC other then some incidental charges....

Perhaps for some, but I think mine is complicated enough to take some time. I elected Option 1 when my April 11 Sky Princess 25 day TA was cancelled by Princess, which means I get a combination of mostly FCC and some refund. My booking included EZair flights, part of which was paid to my TA on final payment and part directly to Princess when I changed flights after final payment, Princess Visa Reward OBC, gift certificates OBC, taxes, transfers, and insurance with payments having been made from 3 different credit cards. 

In light of the hassles I have gone through in the past, particularly EZair refunds, I think they should take the time to get it right, so I don't have spend too much time challenging them. 

3 hours ago, dog said:

It is not ALL coming at the same time.

My credit card showed refund for taxes, prepaid purchases on the day I cancelled---March 6th.

My Option #1 ---100% FCC showed up in my Personalizer Circle Account ---March 19th.

Still waiting for remainder of my Option #1 FCC.

You may know this, but make sure you have filled out the form to get the additional FCC, it will not come automatically. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I would expect it to take at least 60 days and maybe even more with everything else they have going on.

This is a prime example why you shouldn't leave the ship with them owing you money.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, calimn said:

You may know this, but make sure you have filled out the form to get the additional FCC, it will not come automatically. 

You bet! My Travel Agent was on it right away. Filled in the form/sent it to Princess and sent a copy to me. Princess emailed with a Confirmation Receipt for choosing option #1.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I suspect it's closer to 125,000 bookings....18 ships, 1100 avg bookings/ship, avg 6 cruises cancelled.

Taking it one step further, at an avg price of $1500/booking .... puts Princess in the ballpark of potentially refunding $175 million dollars.  It won't be that much, because some/many are taking option 1 for the bigger FCC.

Note: All numbers except for the number of ships are just guesses to get the sizing into at least the right ballpark...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

What a load of hooey!  CC refunds can and should be processed immediately.  There is no "research" involved.  No waiting for a "check" to clear.  Just another way their are using us, and our money, for their own profit.

Edited by Ride-The-Waves
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

What a load of hooey!  CC refunds can and should be processed immediately.  There is no "research" involved.  No waiting for a "check" to clear.  Just another way their are using us, and our money, for their own profit.

Yes they must be banking on the 0.01% interest they will earn. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

You tell 'em!

Has anyone filled out and submitted a Refund Request Form for reimbursement of nonrefundable travel expenses, e.g., airline cancellation fees and prepaid hotels?  I submitted one on February 27 and the form requested a four week waiting period.  I faxed it in and received an email confirming receipt the same date.  All other expenses, that is, cruise fare, were reimbursed to my credit card rather promptly.  I am still waiting for my Princess Visa card points to be reposted.  I used points for OBC.  

Thanks,

Bill

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

to all waiting for refunds; keep the faith.

Trying to be patient and keep the faith....but at this time when so many of us are out of work and have no income due to COVID-19 those refunds would sure come in handy!

• Like 1

My mother got a phone call from Princess asking if she wanted to book her next cruise and use the FCC she was getting from the refund- but we don’t actually have the FCCs in any of our accounts yet despite the rep saying they had been issued. No refund to credit card yet either. 

As long as we get our refund I'm okay with waiting, ALTHOUGH there really is no reason for it take so long.  It's a matter of hitting "cancel" & "refund" on their computers for your cruise.  That's what happens at any other time and the money is refunded in a matter of days.  I think they are staggering them because of cash flow..... after all cruise lines operate on an Enron style philosophy, operating on guests payments for cruises months & years into the future, which is fine as long as those $$ keep coming in, but right now they aren't (at least not in the numbers normally, because, I'm sure there are still some booking cruises) and because that cash flow has slowed immensely and they now have millions of dollars to refund they are staggering refunds in hopes that it will all level out.  After all the "up to 60 days" is when Princess hopes to be operating again.

Just my thoughts early in the morning after yesterday when we laid off 80% of our workers at our restaurant, with more to come in the hotel, so if I'm totally nuts just blame it on stress.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

I agree and they probably need a bailout if they are ever going to pay us.....they are not being transparent and lying.....

18 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Not really. Here is part of online chat I had with a Princess rep on January 3:

"How long does it take to refund EZair cancelled/modified booking between Final Payment and 45 day window?"

"Refunds typically take less than one week to process. After the refund is processed, the credit takes 10 to 15 business days to appear on the passenger's credit card. However, if you're booked through a travel agent, you'll need to double check the refunds with them. "

12 minutes ago, billco said:

Not really. Here is part of online chat I had with a Princess rep on January 3:

"How long does it take to refund EZair cancelled/modified booking between Final Payment and 45 day window?"

"Refunds typically take less than one week to process. After the refund is processed, the credit takes 10 to 15 business days to appear on the passenger's credit card. However, if you're booked through a travel agent, you'll need to double check the refunds with them. "

I run a business.  Once processed a credit appears on your credit card within a couple of days.  Everything is automated now, it does not take 2 weeks for credits to appear and the proof is the Princess cruise I cancelled in January BEFORE all this happened and my refund was on my card in less than 4 days.  If they are saying 10 to 15 days then there is something in the system stopping the refund from finalizing until they want it to.

Edited by Gracie115
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

I run a business.  Once processed a credit appears on your credit card within a couple of days.  Everything is automated now, it does not take 2 weeks for credits to appear and the proof is the Princess cruise I cancelled in January BEFORE all this happened and my refund was on my card in less than 4 days.  If they are saying 10 to 15 days then there is something in the system stopping the refund from finalizing until they want it to.

I have no reason to believe that Princess isn't processing refunds as fast as they can. I do wish there was a way they could find a way to prioritize refunds for those who have recently been impacted by loss of income.

• Like 1