The Post Your Favorite Celebrity Cruise Photos Thread

WonderMan3

Jun 18 2007 Millennium sailing, 12 Night Venice to Barcelona

On Jun 28 2007, Millennium anchored at Villefranche.  We took a wonderful private tour with @penorment (Maureen) and her family of 4 that included a trip to Saint Paul de Vence--a charming old medieval town in the French Riviera.  While walking through Saint Paul, I took this photo of Maureen's son plucking at this flowering bougainvillea towering above him.

It was a wonderful cruise as we disembarked at Barcelona.  However 4 days later, on the reverse sailing from Barcelona, Millennium called on Villefranche again but this time her propellers were damaged when she struck a rock.  Millennium limped to Rome (Civitavecchia) and after several days of failed repairs the sailing was terminated there.  The Jul 12 sailing out of Venice was also cancelled so that she could be dry docked for repair.  I imagine someone was in big trouble with headquarters.....

Jun 28 2007 Saint Paul de Vence.JPG

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 3

Jan 2 2018 Solstice sailing, 12 Night Great Barrier Reef

This was our first visit to the Great Barrier Reef.  We hope to go back again someday. One of the underwater sights that you see there that is not present in the Caribbean are these magnificent giant clams. In fact they are only found in the South Pacific and Indian Oceans.  This vibrantly beautiful giant clam was seen while diving during Solstice's second day at Cairns (Jan 8 2018).

Giant Clam.JPG

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vkb2751 said:

Edge arriving port Everglades taken from Infinity (were on btb)

08164A86-C2CC-4B4E-B9B0-69AF75E7CA69.jpeg

Minus the water show on a departure with a view that matches yours ... taken from our post cruise balcony room at Hilton Marina .  March 2019.

IMG_2797.JPG

Edited by poffles
  • Like 1

Jun 18 2007 Millennium sailing, 12 Night Venice to Barcelona

We had the misfortune of taking this cruise during that summer's monstrous heat wave that affected Europe.  But it was my first time in Europe and I was unfazed (my kids, then 11 and 14 felt differently).  At Santorini, we rented a manual transmission Volkswagen Beetle convertible and drove around this beautiful island.

Oia Santorini Greece.JPG

Oia, Santorini; Jun 22, 2007

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 7