The Post Your Favorite Celebrity Cruise Photos Thread

WonderMan3

Saint Issac's Cathedral in Saint Petersburg has 100 kilograms of gold on the dome

1fceb437-860c-4a40-bc37-a0c0ac2e2167_zpsi0q6j97z.jpg

It took 40 years to complete , but it's beautiful

8cc26aad-520d-430c-a004-caf618db51a8_zpsxkxcuqb5.jpg

f4e463b2-89e8-4545-9831-af0710f8e961_zpsvwj5lk7j.jpg

It's about 100 meters to the top of the dome and the statues there are larger than life . The cathedral will hold 14,000 worshipers .

• Like 4

On 3/20/2020 at 11:46 PM, WonderMan3 said:

Since no one is actively cruising on Celebrity right now (save for some folks on Eclipse heading back to the States from South America), how about a thread to remember happy moments from past cruises during this depressing time. Let’s post our favorite photos from our past Celebrity Cruises. A few requests though...

1. Post photos from onboard ship or at any port during the cruise.

2. Post photos one at a time, and no more than three per day, just so we can get a variety of photos from different members and don’t flood the thread with many photos in one post.

3. Include some explanations about what you’re posting; what ship, when you took the cruise, what port, etc. And if you have a nice story to go along with the photo even better.

I’ll start...

This is a photo I took in January of 2017 in St. Lucia while on a Celebrity Eclipse cruise. My family group had booked an excursion with Spencer Ambrose Tours to visit Sugar Beach. On our way there by boat from the cruise port we made a stop at the town of Soufriere where I captured this shot of a boat in the harbor with the backdrop of Petit Piton, one of the two famous peaks of St. Lucia.

Looking forward you seeing everyone’s photos!

F4D26433-60F7-48DA-8476-4B32EF59AAE7.jpeg

This photo is amazing. What camera did you use? Was it taken from a smartphone? The quality is amazing. I like the water quality the most. The details are also amazing. Last time we sailed on such a boat was in Vietnam 10 years ago. It was a lot of fun really. I wonder where it is. The mountain in the back looks familiar 

• Haha 1

@dani negreanu, your photos are very nice--including the ones from Halong Bay which we hope to visit during our Christmas 2021 Solstice cruise.  Did you visit Halong Bay through a Celebrity excursion or did you book it on your own?

Jan 2 2018 Solstice sailing, 12 Night Great Barrier Reef round trip out of Sydney

Solstice anchored at Yorkey's Knob when visiting Cairns and did an overnight there.  This was the climax to the 3 Great Barrier Reef ports that we would visit. 

We independently booked a tour with one of the many dive boats that operate out of Cairns during our 2nd day there (Jan 8 2018).  In taking the tender back to the ship, we were treated to a pretty double rainbow.  It was right off of Solstice's bow as if to indicate that there were more good things waiting ahead of us!

Nice double rainbow over Soltice.JPG

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

@dani negreanu, your photos are very nice--including the ones from Halong Bay which we hope to visit during our Christmas 2021 Solstice cruise.  Did you visit Halong Bay through a Celebrity excursion or did you book it on your own?

Halong Bay was the highlight of our cruise, and the main reason we booked it. We had an overnight in Halong Bay, arriving at noon the 1st day, and leaving at 10PM the second day.

We had a very active roll call for this cruise.

Someone from the roll call contacted a very reputable company = Travel Authentic Asia, and we went with them in small groups in Vietnam - Saigon, Da Nang and Halong Bay. We were only 10 persons in the "junk". We took the tour on the 2nd day, from 9AM until 4PM.

The first half day we spent at the Fish Market in Halong Bay.

The person to contact is Ms. Ngoan.

ngoan.le@travelauthenticasia.com

Should you need additional "tips", don't hesitate to ask.

• Like 2

Rather than trying to pick one more or posting a bunch of them one by one here is the link to our fall 2018 cruise on the Reflection from Rome to some Italian ports, some Greek Islands, Malta and more...

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/7893541/2a25672cc174554601cbf74d7ecb407d861f2c29

Just click on the cover photo and then you can click through the books.  Great times, great new friends, wonderful places and some rain...

I appreciate that  option, but we have all done various reviews of our cruises  or have albums online that we could link to.

I prefer the format of the thread..  with each person picking out  memorable favorites and assembling a variety of amazing shots! With or without comments. 

For those of us who prefer the current format,  could you possibly post a few favorites at a time...would love to see them,

It is so exciting to see what everyone has  come up with each time I click on

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Roger88 said:

This photo is amazing. What camera did you use? Was it taken from a smartphone? The quality is amazing. I like the water quality the most. The details are also amazing. Last time we sailed on such a boat was in Vietnam 10 years ago. It was a lot of fun really. I wonder where it is. The mountain in the back looks familiar 

Thank you! This was taken with my Iphone 6 S-Plus. The location I mentioned in my post, it's at the town of Soufriere in St. Lucia. The mountain in the background is Petit Piton.