The Post Your Favorite Celebrity Cruise Photos Thread

WonderMan3

One of favorite ports on the Eclipse was Saint Petersburg . Here the fountains are coming on at Peterhof 

We also enjoyed a helicopter flight there

And because we had Visas we could stay out as late as we wanted to when things were less crowded

b87e8037-dcba-4ca1-9d07-7fb3b334bd24_zpssz4tw0yo.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Dec 28 2013 Eclipse, 14 Night Exotic Southern Caribbean sailing

This trip was our very first 14 night sailing and our first time on S-class.  It also marked our return to the Caribbean after 8 years.  On this day at St Thomas (Jan 8 2014), our family of 4 was supposed to go diving.  However I was not feeling well and my son was having ear problems from a prior dive.  So the boys were grounded and the girls went diving!

After dropping my wife and daughter off at the rendezvous point near the Havensight Mall, I took the aerial tram up to Paradise Point to take the classic photo of the harbor at Charlotte Amalie.  What the photo lacks in originality (how many times have you seen a picture taken from this famous vantage point?), it makes up for because there is a lot to look at:

It was to be a 6 cruise ship day at St Thomas and unfortunately Eclipse was the odd man out as she was forced to anchor and tender her passengers to shore.  One of Eclipse's tenders--returning back to the ship--can be seen just behind her stern. The landing point for the tenders was at the shore on the right side of the photograph near the center of town.

At the West Indian Company Dock (aka Havensight Pier) there were 3 large ships docked there--from left to right: Norwegian Epic, Crown Princess, and the brand new Royal Princess.

In the background, Carnival Conquest is sailing into the harbor preparing to dock at Crown Bay's single finger pier.  Allure of the Seas was scheduled to arrive there later making for a truly busy day at port.

As a bonus, Steve Job's famous ultraluxury yacht, Venus, was anchored close to Eclipse and is the long gleaming white boat near the center of the photo.  Eclipse's tenders sailed by her on the way to shore and back which allowed us to see up close her truly unique exterior design.

Today I look at this photograph and I note that both the port and the cruise industry have seen better days.  I am told that Charlotte Amalie still has not recovered from the pair of Category 5 hurricanes that wreaked havoc upon her back in Sep 2017.  And as for the cruise industry, well they are weathering some Cat 5 hurricanes themselves.  Here's to hoping that both of them will make full recoveries and that the 14 night Caribbean itineraries will eventually return some day.

Eclipse at St Thomas.JPG

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

One other pic from St Thomas.  We took the helicopter ride and flew over our ship, Mariner of the Seas ( I think)702808552_Nov05MarinerofSeascruise047.thumb.jpg.3b07d1930172e518e0ea3cb68809b86c.jpg

Just realized this was Grand Cayman, Not St. Thomas.  Had just flown over Sting Ray island and 7 mile beach, then we flew over ships tendered and town before going back to airport.  We had not planned this excursion, guy was hawking it as a 50% discount and we did it. We were on this ship.

Edited by shipshape sam
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Dec 28 2013 Eclipse, 14 Night Exotic Southern Caribbean sailing

This trip was our very first 14 night sailing and our first time on S-class.  It also marked our return to the Caribbean after 8 years.  On this day at St Thomas (Jan 8 2014), our family of 4 was supposed to go diving.  However I was not feeling well and my son was having ear problems from a prior dive.  So the boys were grounded and the girls went diving!

After dropping my wife and daughter off at the rendezvous point near the Havensight Mall, I took the aerial tram up to Paradise Point to take the classic photo of the harbor at Charlotte Amalie.  What the photo lacks in originality (how many times have you seen a picture taken from this famous vantage point?), it makes up for because there is a lot to look at:

It was to be a 6 cruise ship day at St Thomas and unfortunately Eclipse was the odd man out as she was forced to anchor and tender her passengers to shore.  One of Eclipse's tenders--returning back to the ship--can be seen just behind her stern. The landing point for the tenders was at the shore on the right side of the photograph near the center of town.

At the West Indian Company Dock (aka Havensight Pier) there were 3 large ships docked there--from left to right: Norwegian Epic, Crown Princess, and the brand new Royal Princess.

In the background, Carnival Conquest is sailing into the harbor preparing to dock at Crown Bay's single finger pier.  Allure of the Seas was scheduled to arrive there later making for a truly busy day at port.

As a bonus, Steve Job's famous ultraluxury yacht, Venus, was anchored close to Eclipse and is the long gleaming white boat near the center of the photo.  Eclipse's tenders sailed by her on the way to shore and back which allowed us to see up close her truly unique exterior design.

Today I look at this photograph and I note that both the port and the cruise industry have seen better days.  I am told that Charlotte Amalie still has not recovered from the pair of Category 5 hurricanes that wreaked havoc upon her back in Sep 2017.  And as for the cruise industry, well they are weathering some Cat 5 hurricanes themselves.  Here's to hoping that both of them will make full recoveries and that the 14 night Caribbean itineraries will eventually return some day.

Eclipse at St Thomas.JPG

Great pic!  Like St. Thomas too.

18 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Just realized this was Grand Cayman, Not St. Thomas.  Had just flown over Sting Ray island and 7 mile beach, then we flew over ships tendered and town before going back to airport.  We had not planned this excursion, guy was hawking it as a 50% discount and we did it. We were on this ship.

It is a magnificent photo and a momentary view.  I think it is a hard decision between just taking the view in with your eyes or through a camera.  It is also a difficult shot to take on a bright sunny day without those pesky reflections (and you want to avoid getting the non-window seat).

Edited by mahdnc

21 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Great pic!  Like St. Thomas too.

Thank you.  Although St Thomas is commonly panned on this board as being too crowded and touristy, it is one of my favorite ports.  Even though we have taken 3 more Caribbean cruises since I took the photo, we have not been back to St Thomas since.

Edited by mahdnc

Sitting here at home feeling sorry for myself (and all the rest the cruising world) and hoping (fingers crossed) that we WILL be able to take 2 cruises scheduled for later in the year (September and November).  At the same time feeling blessed that we were able to do a B2B earlier this year before all **** broke loose.  I keep reviewing the pictures I was able to take earlier this year.

Here is one of the Ushuaia, Argentina "yacht club" on a rare sunny day in January taken from our balcony on the Eclipse.

DSC_9363.jpg

• Like 10

Thank-you so much Wonderman for this thread! It really symbolizes why we fell in love with cruising.

Thank-you also very much fellow Cruise Critic Members for the beautiful pictures that you posted. I really enjoyed looking at them and dreaming about places I have not yet seen.

Here is my contribution:

Celebrity Solstice, Hawaï to Vancouver, my wife and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary. The picture was taken from the Haleakala Crater on Maui. It was my first experience being above the clouds... on foot.

IMG_1019.jpg

• Like 10

May 2019, Pre-cruise trip, Celebrity Constellation, Venice to Venice. Pictures taken from the Path of the Gods on the Amalfi Coast.

It was a beautiful moment in my life, but I don't believe I would be able to convince my wife to do this walk again. Unfortunately pictures do not really give credit to the beautiful views enjoyed during our walk.

IMG_3890.jpg

IMG_3898.jpg

• Like 6

Geirager in Norway.  Probably the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen.  

and a photo of us on the Constellation that was taken by another cc member on the ship that was behind us, heading out.  

8424E9C9-BA01-414C-B73D-B51B5C7A3CF8.jpeg

34A53861-57FB-4845-BC39-BD1182A3AFB9.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1