P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just now, Adawn47 said:

Still here and thanks everyone for your concern, but I wouldn't want to be accused of moaning and attention seeking from certain quarters😉

Avril

Delighted to hear from you Avril.

Your friends were missing your friendly and interesting posts.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Music good but made very ‘John Lewis Christmas advertish’; concept and story line etc very mediocre. As an ad, it would not inspire me to shop there, even if there was a branch within 50 miles of home.

Cheadle Royal is within 50 miles if not within 30, we go there quite often 😁

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Still here and thanks everyone for your concern, but I wouldn't want to be accused of moaning and attention seeking from certain quarters😉

Avril

Pleased you and Frank are ok Avril……

I shall have a moan now. Just had my flu jab. No sticker or lollipop for being brave. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

11 minutes ago, ccpm said:

No chance of that Avril jump back in your banter with your bro makes me smile every time.

Neither of us have been so good this past week and had to cancel our flu jabs.  No sympathy please.  I've just booked our boosters for November 12th, so lets hope all's well by then🤞.

Avril

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Neither of us have been so good this past week and had to cancel our flu jabs.  No sympathy please.  I've just booked our boosters for November 12th, so lets hope all's well by then🤞.

Avril

Avril. Soooo sorry you had to cancel. You have my sympathy, oops!🤣.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Sorry to hear neither of you have been well Avril.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 for a quick recovery.

All the regulars on here care for each other because we have been like a family for the last 18 months.

Take care and stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Talking of Costa, their prices went up yesterday so I am so glad I saved my freebie to get it at the new higher price today.

Everything going up even our local garage has put the price of the car tyre air line up from 20p 

it's now 50p ... That's inflation for you :classic_unsure:

• Haha 14

24 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Talking of Costa, their prices went up yesterday so I am so glad I saved my freebie to get it at the new higher price today.

I now buy a cheaper drink and when the beans mount up get the most expensive one free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kalos said:

Everything going up even our local garage has put the price of the car tyre air line up from 20p 

it's now 50p ... That's inflation for you :classic_unsure:

Even  car parking, in York we always parked on Sainsburys just a short walk into town.

1 pound an hour for up to 4, you could stay 4 hours and spend 10 pound in the shop for a refund.

it was great but not any more, now 1 hour is free then 3.50 for another hour, max stay 2 hours.

If we wish to stay longer in town in future it will be park and ride, all the other car parking in York is very pricy.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I noted that Molnupiravir has been approved by MHRA for treatment of Covid positive patients that fall into the vulnerable category. There are several other products currently under review. Another baby step towards beating Covid.

Probably (and entirely understandably) not fully appreciated by most people, but that’s literally a game changer for those with compromised immune systems, and could lead to an end in sight for what’s been more than 18 months of shielding for several hundred thousand people. The next steps may well involve the direct injection of COVID-19 antibodies, and that will be an even bigger game changer.

Looking good!

• Like 14

4 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Lovely walk down to beach and now breakfast with bacon and cheese croissant and pistachio cruffin 😋

Lovely photos but sorry, that breakfast looks revolting to me. Hope it tasted better than it looks...😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Lovely photos but sorry, that breakfast looks revolting to me. Hope it tasted better than it looks...😀

As it was early morning on the beach, I thought it may have been washed up during the night 🤣

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I’ve missed Avril too.

Beckett is also very quiet, so hope you doing okay not over doing things at work Jane?

I'm here Angel and thanks for checking in. As Harry said, I did post yesterday but I'm so swamped at work that I've been rather overtaken. I'm sort of skim reading when I have a minute so I'm still in touch a bit. Weekend off coming up though - Yay.  Keep well and best wishes. Jane.x  

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

No sympathy intended but hope you both get well soon Avril. Very best wishes and oh bugger it - loads of sympathy!  Jane.x 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear neither of you have been well Avril.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 for a quick recovery.

All the regulars on here care for each other because we have been like a family for the last 18 months.

Take care and stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham.

Too right Graham - and long may it continue. My friends on here have been a  Godsend to me over the last year since I joined.  You and Pauline keep safe. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1