P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I will admit that I had my dryer years ago, so not as up-to-date as they are now, and found that it tightened cotton fibres. I stopped using it and never missed it. 

Avril

Should have took the mangle off it sis.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

On my second smart meter, wouldn't be without it. I can manage my electricity and gas online with OVO and got lucky when I signed up to a 2 year fixed rate last August. The cost now is mind blowing.

By gosh a 2 yr deal last August, almost as good as winning the lottery,. I thought I had done the same, until Avro went bust.🙄

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Been out for a walk.

6°C and cloudy.

Interesting views this morning on vet bills.

Take care.

Graham.

The weather in Barnsley 57 years ago today was ankle deep snow and flippin' cold Graham.  Much nicer today at a balmy 9c.

Avril

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

We used to regularly get deep snow then too.

Still not seen any posts from Jane @Beckett.

I hope she is okay.

Graham.

I know, and it's begining to get really worrying now. Is there no other possible way to reach out to her than the way that you're doing?

Avril

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

By gosh a 2 yr deal last August, almost as good as winning the lottery,. I thought I had done the same, until Avro went bust.🙄

I was with Green Energy and they went bust, Eon took over, so my balance was transferred. I am an avid fan of Martin Lewis and he was warning about prices and to fix back in August. Just looking at my account, I actually changed to Ovo on 15th September, so just before these deals were totally pulled.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I know, and it's begining to get really worrying now. Is there no other possible way to reach out to her than the way that you're doing?

Avril

I don't think there is through CC.

Hopefully she is well and just decided to stop posting.

Graham.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I don't think there is through CC.

Hopefully she is well and just decided to stop posting.

Graham.

I hope she is well I’m sure there will be a reason, I hope all these non turn ups and abusive customers haven’t upset her too much , she works hard and maybe having a well earned rest and I hope she’s not been I’ll and just having a well earned rest to gather her thoughts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2021 at 10:13 PM, Beckett said:

Thank you Josy. How kind of you. Like you and all the volunteers we do it with hope for an end to this dreadful time and in all honesty I'm pretty proud of what we have all achieved together. I too hope we get to meet on a cruise one day. Wouldn't we have some tales to swap! Jane.x 

Hi Jane.

Avril (Adawn) plus myself and several of your friends on here are hoping you are safe and well because we have all missed your friendly posts.

Sending prayers 🙏 that everything is okay.

Take care.

Graham x

• Like 13

22 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just been sent what seems a good offer for a UK cruise in May on Emerald and wondered if this is the one spoken about? 

Now you've done it.. and Peanut and Alpha Whiskey.  We have been looking at Round Britain cruises but nothing came up with the right cabin, and most were sold out.  Then I saw your posts.  Why didn't I think of Princess.  It never entered my head.

I jumped on OH and steered him to his computer and wouldn't let him out till he had read and understood every word.😂

Now his wallets empty and we are booked on Emerald for a 12 dayer in May.

Thank you. Thank you  xx

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I think a lot of people only got them (us included) because you got a special deal. The fuel companies were under pressure to get them installed and had targets to meet, the dates for installation have been pushed back at least once. I have to say the new meters we had fitted by BG were smaller and tidier than the old ones. Now we are with EDF our smart meter won't work and EDF don't seem bothered about giving us a new one and we are not that bothered about getting one either. Plus you do have to actually use electricity to power them.

Correct the meters are powered by electricity but not charged to your bill, the in home devices cost about £1 a year to run, so won’t break the bank to run.

12 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Now you've done it.. and Peanut and Alpha Whiskey.  We have been looking at Round Britain cruises but nothing came up with the right cabin, and most were sold out.  Then I saw your posts.  Why didn't I think of Princess.  It never entered my head.

I jumped on OH and steered him to his computer and wouldn't let him out till he had read and understood every word.😂

Thank you. Thank you  xx

Going to be first time on Princess for us too, so looking forward to it

Michelle

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Thank you. Thank you  xx

Oh excellent... 

We are still weighing up the options whether we feel comfortable cruising yet as Michelle has barely ventured out for 2 years, but it's looking promising. 

Hope you have a fantastic time, but don't blame me if it all goes wrong😂

Andy 

• Like 1

Spent 2 hours in garden yesterday, a lot of pruning backing of Ivy and Virginia Creeper with my new secateurs and loppers my wife brought me for Christmas, well it was green bin day today and bin needed filling. Noticed the snowdrops in flower today in party of the garden, crocus all through now not flowering though, daffodils just starting to show in garden, those in planters further advanced.

My overwintering geraniums in greenhouse have burst into flower, not expecting that and aubretia plans grown big enough to plant out in March.

Took a walk to Pharmacy today via scenic route past lake, noticed local council has thinned out trees in last week or so, will help the plants on the ground now there is more light, plus they have done some repairs to fencing and replaced Dog Poo bins, so a bit more pleasant this time. Noticed a few birds I hadn’t seen on lake before Goosander and Teal, spotted a couple of Yellow Wagtails by the stream and a Sparrowhawk sitting menacingly in a tree.

All in all not a bad couple of days, glad to be outside again, now spending some time checking my MiLs DNA results which came back today, she is a quarter Irish, not sure how that’s gone down as she has though she was quarter Welsh, but is actually only 1%. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, pete14 said:

Not long after we had Charlie, our Wheaten Terrier, he contracted gastro enteritis. Whilst being treated at Vet hospital, they found inflammation between 2 discs in his spine. MRI confirmed it. The £4+K bill was covered by the insurance we took out when we bought him. Absolutely fine now, apart from allergy to certain food and regular bouts of insanity, but it could have ended so differently.
Message for the day is to buy a good pet insurance policy as soon as you give a home to any pet (maybe not needed for a goldfish). Policies aren’t cheap but as with all insurances, you notice them most if you have to make a claim.

Having met the lovely Charlie we can vouch for the regular bouts of insanity 🙂

He is gorgeous and worth every penny of the £4+K but am guessing that you have never once regretted paying the insurance. Our cat that we was ill had had a massively enlarged heart since a kitten, an issue with her eye and a liver condition for 4 years. She was on so many tablets that she must have rattled. (She thought they were treats so no need for armour when trying to give them to her) have to say, if we had not had insurance can only imagine how much it would have cost us over her 12 + years.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I will admit that I had my dryer years ago, so not as up-to-date as they are now, and found that it tightened cotton fibres. I stopped using it and never missed it. 

Avril

I wouldn't be without my hot air tumble dryer. Had a condenser dryer long time ago, never again, had to iron everything and it shrunk quite a few things.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Thank you. Thank you  xx

Just had a quick look - Super packed itinerary too!

Now you've  got me tempted to book another ..... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Your husband sounds like he is on the same wavelength as me!

We've never owned a tumble dryer.  Truly the devil's instrument.

Not when I had three children under 4, working full time and other half needing a clean set of clothes every day. Truly a godsend. 

9 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Maybe I'm a dinosaur (and yes, I know I'm leaving myself wide open here for the comments from a certain few😁) or just a technophobe, but I would much rather trust my own readings.

Avril

You’re not. Anyway, they don’t work around here!

• Like 1