P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

53 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

5* Hotel Vincci Aleysa.

Hotel is the reason for us Wowzz.

Mijas,Puerto Benus,Malaga,Torremolinos are all nearby by taxi.

That looks a lovely hotel Graham. Only been to Nerja and that was about 35 years ago.

We are going to Estepona end April which I think is fairly close to the places you mention 

Hope you are having a lovely time.

Michelle

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

That looks a lovely hotel Graham. Only been to Nerja and that was about 35 years ago.

We are going to Estepona end April which I think is fairly close to the places you mention 

Michelle

Thank you Michelle.

I hope you have a fantastic time in Estepona in April.

Graham.

19 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

We love Estepona - our favourite resort on that stretch of coast.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Does anybody actually put their car in the garage? It’s just got me thinking that very few people have garages around here, and those that do most certainly don’t put their car in them! 

We have always put our cars into the garage, neither of us is fond of scraping ice and snow of  the car in the winter.  We are fortunate enough to have a double garage but since retirement we have gone down to one car so one side of the garage is use for storing garden furniture during the winter.  Most people around us seem to keep their garages as either workshops or storage.

• Like 1

We certainly put the car in the garage every night....and during the day...we go away quite a lot in this country and more often than not go in the car so it would be an absolute giveaway to any potential burglar that no car on drive no occupants....when it is in the garage they have no idea if we are in or away....thieves look for any little clues and no car on drive when there is usually a car on drive is a big clue

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, janny444 said:

We certainly put the car in the garage every night....and during the day...we go away quite a lot in this country and more often than not go in the car so it would be an absolute giveaway to any potential burglar that no car on drive no occupants....when it is in the garage they have no idea if we are in or away....thieves look for any little clues and no car on drive when there is usually a car on drive is a big clue

You have really done it now. Giving advice to wannabe burglars on how to perfect their burgeoning craft. 😇😇😇😇😇

• Like 1

I asked my husband last night if he could think of anyone who kept their car in the garage, and he couldn’t! Parking isn’t a problem around here with so much space, even in the small towns. As the weather improves, you see  the few garages open as people begin to tend to their gardens, and most are choc-a-block with stuff. It’s fascinating how different things are around the country! 

Our cars are always garaged, but it’s rare. Avoids any risk of catalytic converter theft, and helps keep them a long time. Eight years old now, from new, and probably another four years in them. They’re spoiled!

As for the children, they’ve never ever asked for help, but without it their lives would be very different, and so would the lives of our grandchildren. Help with houses has transformed their lives, and that gives me far more pleasure than expensive cruises, new cars every two years, and money in the bank. Also avoids 40% of it vanishing in taxes!  Far better for them to have it now than when we’re dead.

• Like 5

We can JUST get our car in our double garage. We have an old single mattress at the end of the garage to aid parking and slowly go forward until we just compress it which leaves about 4 inches to the rear clearance to the garage door!

I had Valentine flowers delivered from a local florist and the first thing that my wife said was 'oh they're red and white' and put a yellow daffodil in the arrangement, she did thank me though. I forget that she has a problem with pure red and white flower arrangements, apparently it's because it's related to blood and bandages. Her mother was a nurse and if flowers came into hospital in those colours they would add a flower of a different colour to prevent bad luck. Does anyone else know of this superstition? 

5 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We can JUST get our car in our double garage. We have an old single mattress at the end of the garage to aid parking and slowly go forward until we just compress it which leaves about 4 inches to the rear clearance to the garage door!

I had Valentine flowers delivered from a local florist and the first thing that my wife said was 'oh they're red and white' and put a yellow daffodil in the arrangement, she did thank me though. I forget that she has a problem with pure red and white flower arrangements, apparently it's because it's related to blood and bandages. Her mother was a nurse and if flowers came into hospital in those colours they would add a flower of a different colour to prevent bad luck. Does anyone else know of this superstition? 

Yes. A friend won’t wear red and white together because of that same superstition.

On 2/10/2022 at 4:24 PM, majortom10 said:

It was rumoured by I think Host Sharon that CC wanted to get rid of the thread and it looks to as if they have done it.

Trying to find out what happened.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 14

On 2/10/2022 at 8:30 PM, pete14 said:

I am as confused and sad as everybody else. Since we were told a few weeks ago that we had been given a reprieve, I can’t think of any post that has jeopardised the chance we were given. As several have posted, the thread has become a full history of the trials and tribulations of the last couple of years, including some quite uplifting posts and many that were very funny (thanks Kalos especially). Now, unless it is a glitch or an error, it has vanished without any explanation.
This thread also introduced me to the wonderful site on which we have purchased our static caravan by the sea and a lovely couple who live near to us in a Stoke and even nearer in Llanddulas. It seems a little odd that Sharon has not posted to explain. Perhaps, if it has been discontinued, Sharon had no say in it. 

Sorry, not been well, had no idea it had gone. Will try and discover what happened.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10