P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Our cruise "on another line" in a few weeks has a change.  Firstly one cruise before us has had the date changed, and a couple have been cancelled.  This, I think,  was something to do with supply problems.  Now our visit to Rosyth (for Edinburgh) has been cancelled due to something about the tides.

Tides????  New one on me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astrajet said:

That's very interesting. My DH is St Albans born & bred but he had not heard of the Alban Bun so we are going to pop into the Abbey next week and try one!  Thanks for the info.

Good to hear that the work on your house is finished - now you can enjoy it.

I wouldn't bother it's gonna be a bit mouldy after 700 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I wouldn't bother it's gonna be a bit mouldy after 700 years.

And they have gone up in price a bit ..:classic_unsure:

🎶 Hot cross buns ..One a penny ,two a ..🎶  HOW MUCH ! :classic_ohmy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Good Morning everyone, hope you are all safe and well. Hope all those that have been under the weather are beginning to feel a bit better. 

Hubby has just gone to play walking football, he plays for AFC Fylde. “Big” match today apparently. Is that actually possible in walking football??? 

There is a food & drink festival on this weekend in St Annes so we might go there this afternoon.

Tomorrow afternoon we are taking my mum to Blackpool Tower Ballroom for afternoon tea. It is a belated Mothers Day present for my mum. It is a special place for her as she used to go dancing there with my dad and it will be the first time she has been since he passed away. There were a few tears when I told her where we were going and I am sure there will be tomorrow too. My hubby said he will have a dance with her. I am looking forward to it myself!!

Have a nice weekend everyone 

Michelle

• Like 17

18 hours ago, lincslady said:

They just suit me perfectly, for various reasons.  This was only introduced recently.  They now have weekly special offers tailored to customers, giving money off things you buy regularly.  This week I have got 7 small bananas for £1 off and butter for £2 off, which I suppose pays for the delivery. Sometimes it is £5 off a large pack of bog  roll, or £3 off my large bag of coffee.  

The above was about Waitrose, and I absolutely agree.

I tried it one day as a treat but then saw their special offers.  Brilliant offers.  Their meat deals are fine or two people.. portions just right, unlike some.  Veg always very fresh and last a lot longer.

Perhaps not for a family with young kids, but for us two, no hassle, good stuff and no wastage whatsoever.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Good Morning everyone, hope you are all safe and well. Hope all those that have been under the weather are beginning to feel a bit better. 

Hubby has just gone to play walking football, he plays for AFC Fylde. “Big” match today apparently. Is that actually possible in walking football??? 

There is a food & drink festival on this weekend in St Annes so we might go there this afternoon.

Tomorrow afternoon we are taking my mum to Blackpool Tower Ballroom for afternoon tea. It is a belated Mothers Day present for my mum. It is a special place for her as she used to go dancing there with my dad and it will be the first time she has been since he passed away. There were a few tears when I told her where we were going and I am sure there will be tomorrow too. My hubby said he will have a dance with her. I am looking forward to it myself!!

Have a nice weekend everyone 

Michelle

Aww that sounds lovely Michelle. Hope you have a lovely afternoon.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Presto2 said:

If nothing else, having Covid and being home since last Thursday has saved us a fortune in fuel ------ every cloud eh !

We can’t even say that as John drives 20 miles a day and worked throughout 😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Our cruise "on another line" in a few weeks has a change.  Firstly one cruise before us has had the date changed, and a couple have been cancelled.  This, I think,  was something to do with supply problems.  Now our visit to Rosyth (for Edinburgh) has been cancelled due to something about the tides.

What a shame, I would be disappointed to miss Edinburgh. Though I finally got a day there last summer which we enjoyed.

Our Zeebrugge call being changed to an overnight is a bit odd as I looked at the port schedule and it said at least 3-4 weeks ago we were arriving the day before 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Ships need to go under the Forth Bridges to get to Rosyth (which is in Fife and not actually very near Edinburgh). For the bigger ships the tide needs to be almost perfect for them to get under the 3 bridges. Tidal tables are issued to help navigate the river and estuary so they will know if it likely to be an issue for their vessel.

Thats why only Fred Olsen uses Rosyth for embarkation, their smaller ships had no problem (but their newer bigger ones have the same issue as the all rest).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Ships need to go under the Forth Bridges to get to Rosyth (which is in Fife and not actually very near Edinburgh). For the bigger ships the tide needs to be almost perfect for them to get under the 3 bridges. Tidal tables are issued to help navigate the river and estuary so they will know if it likely to be an issue for their vessel.

Thats why only Fred Olsen uses Rosyth for embarkation, their smaller ships had no problem (but their newer bigger ones have the same issue as the all rest).

We went into Rosyth on Artemis. When we sailed under the bridges (only two at the time), our clearance under the bridge  was  2.8 metres 

• Like 2

It is clouding over here now after a lovely morning, we did have an overnight frost. We managed to sit out for an hour in nice warm sunshine.

It is Grand National day again and I decided to have a flutter, Santini for me at 50/1, used to be a class horse but has slipped down the handicap and moved to a new stable, so am hoping a first attempt at the Grand National may revitalise, plus Betfred pay up to fifth place. Good luck to anyone else having a flutter.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It is clouding over here now after a lovely morning, we did have an overnight frost. We managed to sit out for an hour in nice warm sunshine.

It is Grand National day again and I decided to have a flutter, Santini for me at 50/1, used to be a class horse but has slipped down the handicap and moved to a new stable, so am hoping a first attempt at the Grand National may revitalise, plus Betfred pay up to fifth place. Good luck to anyone else having a flutter.

I have bet on the Grand National too, Snow Leopard and Fiddlerontheroof for me

Michelle

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We went into Rosyth on Artemis. When we sailed under the bridges (only two at the time), our clearance under the bridge  was  2.8 metres 

You must come back and see the new one, completely different design from the others. For me the old rail bridge is the nicest.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

You must come back and see the new one, completely different design from the others. For me the old rail bridge is the nicest.

I was due to visit next month on Queen Victoria, but the cruise was cancelled 😔

I would love to visit again, one day, hopefully 🤞

A lovely day down here, sunny and not even a breeze and feels quite warm out.

Took a walk down into the town earlier this morning to get my phone fixed as it's been playing up, now my laptop keeps telling me that some pages are unresponsive. I'm not having much luck today!🙄

Have had an e-mail saying I can now check in online although still awaiting for our cabin to be allocated, but think I'll wait until my laptop behaves itself!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Take care,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Fairytale Grand National  result - amateur jockey on his last ride; seems a charming chap with lovely family.  

But every year at least one horse is killed or has to be put down.After all these years that has to be alleviated.

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

But every year at least one horse is killed or has to be put down.After all these years that has to be alleviated.

Which is why I have never had any interest in horse racing, most especially the Grand National. 

Sis

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Which is why I have never had any interest in horse racing, most especially the Grand National. 

Sis

Same here Avril.

I never watch the race or horse racing in general.

4°C and sunny here this morning.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2