P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning everyone, how you are all ok today.

It’s a lovely day here today, a breeze and nice and warm at the moment although showers are forecast later.

Well I have been doing my ancestry again with some help from a friend. My gran never talked about her mum, aunties etc. Just discovered my gran had nine aunties and one uncle she never spoke about or who she didn’t know about. It is just getting mor complicated. A DNA test revealed lots of distant relatives now I know why

Michelle

• Like 4

It’s wet here, wet in biblical proportions and thunder & lightening on the cards for later this afternoon.

Stuck indoors watching the rain rolling down the windows. Good for the grass but it my mood.

I did a family history a few years back and it was interesting. My husbands was even more so as we discovered his lot were originally from the Lake District in England. We are all as we say here Jock Tamsons bairns.

• Like 2

Still pretty hot in Kent. Much cooler first thing and a more comfortable night but it’s been very warm this afternoon. I’ve just been sitting in the shade in my garden. There’s quite a breeze but it’s a warm one!

• Like 1

We have had quite a lot of rain here in Stoke today but OH is happy because he is obsessive about the lawns. I  thought that he was going to cry when he saw how dry the grass was when we got home from our cruise.😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Lovely day on the Thames Riviera,Canvey Island with Grandaughter.Note you Kent guys,the Isle of Grain in the background.1909379797_IMG_20220724_113144145605.thumb.jpg.9a58e258e20b413fb902d3901a06eca4.jpg

Look behind you!!

I'm not going in there.   Looks like Jaw's fin just by your shoulder!

• Haha 4

Has been raining off and on here all day, my volunteering shift was cancelled due to weather as outside for the vast majority of the time. It’s now 8:15 in the evening and the sun decides to make an appearance, at least tonight no watering of baskets etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Look behind you!!

I'm not going in there.   Looks like Jaw's fin just by your shoulder!

Nah,only locals can survive in the Thames esturary.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, lincslady said:

Pretty hot in Lincs too, but a breeze which makes it better.  Just decided I can't face the curry I was going to have, and doing an egg sandwich instead.  (Might accompany it with a glass of white wine though).

Hopefully you had at least two or more !

9 hours ago, indiana123 said:

🤣We lived there till last year.   Right near the sea on Sheppey.  I love it here, but do miss the sea. 

Know it well.I went to Leysdown every year for 10 years from the age of 2.My parents didn't drive so we got the tube from Dagenham to Victoria and caught the coach.One place,I was too scared to leave the caravan to the toilet/wash block cos there were geese running around bigger than me honking and hissing at me.It was called Happy valley I think,not for me,lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Know it well.I went to Leysdown every year for 10 years from the age of 2.My parents didn't drive so we got the tube from Dagenham to Victoria and caught the coach.One place,I was too scared to leave the caravan to the toilet/wash block cos there were geese running around bigger than me honking and hissing at me.It was called Happy valley I think,not for me,lol.

Leysdown,  a bit like Shoeburyness, apart from the geese.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, indiana123 said:

🤣We lived there till last year.   Right near the sea on Sheppey.  I love it here, but do miss the sea. 

I thought I would miss the sea when I left Brighton but I am thoroughly enjoying the countryside now on my doorstep.

For those who are interested - I went in Boots, Hempstead Valley this morning, to enquire about flu jabs..... but the queue at the counter was too long, and we couldn't be bothered to wait.  Therefore, my husband will have to book himself in at Chatham. I've noticed from the Boots website that 50 - 64 year olds will be eligible for their free jab from 15th October, and appointments are 'coming soon', so us young 'uns will need to be on the look out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

me too, born an Essex girl, and I've been a Woman of Kent for the last 40 years! 

I'm probably a mongrel now - having spent 27 years in Kent, 19 in Sussex and 16 in Hertfordshire...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

For those who are interested - I went in Boots, Hempstead Valley this morning, to enquire about flu jabs..... but the queue at the counter was too long, and we couldn't be bothered to wait.  Therefore, my husband will have to book himself in at Chatham. I've noticed from the Boots website that 50 - 64 year olds will be eligible for their free jab from 15th October, and appointments are 'coming soon', so us young 'uns will need to be on the look out. 

Interestingly (or not) my local pharmacist is Rowlands and they are allowing 50-64 year olds to put their names on an online waiting list.

As you say flu jabs for this cohort I appears to start from 15/10.

• Like 1