P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

28 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Suffering (mildly, but bravely 🤣) with post flu jab arm today.  I wouldn’t chose to have either both arms this uncomfortable or one arm doubly so.  Perhaps that’s not how it works though?

The important thing is to get them done

We had our flu jabs yesterday, I did feel something as the vaccine went in, so thought it would be sore, however hardly any side effects at all, apart from some slight discomfort.

• Like 4

You’re made of sterner stuff than me John!

It’s improving as the day progresses.  Sunday roast, out, with a couple of glasses of wine probably helped.  Will now explore the inside of my eyelids for a little while and return to pain-free normality

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Started off sunny here but then turned cloudy. I always struggle to get back into a routine after returning from a holiday so have been a little lazy since Wednesday. I have got all my shirts washed and will iron them tomorrow. Cut the 'newly green and long' grass today and did a little pruning and dead-heading in the garden, so at least feel I have done something useful.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We had our flu jabs yesterday, I did feel something as the vaccine went in, so thought it would be sore, however hardly any side effects at all, apart from some slight discomfort.

I had flu and covid booster Thursday one in each arm, no discomfort whatsoever from the flu jab but a couple of days discomfort from the covid jab, both were carried out by the same clinician.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I had flu and covid booster Thursday one in each arm, no discomfort whatsoever from the flu jab but a couple of days discomfort from the covid jab, both were carried out by the same clinician.

Got my appetite back after Fridays ordeal

My sticker fell off so we went to a local,exclusive restaurant  for a late lunch...got it wrong..again.🤣20220918_173715.thumb.jpg.416b89c767c5be0958a15f46185f45cb.jpg

• Haha 5

Went to bath today to see family and then on to bath racecourse to have a booster vacation walk- in one , lovely place and lovely helpers today, only because we’re still under 65 and can’t make a appointment but if you’re over 50 you can go anywhere and do a walk in , we don’t have any walk in ones here at the moment ( Bournemouth) our nearest one on line was Salisbury but since I was going to bath and Stour head today we tried our luck so now hopefully we’re a bit more protected for our cruise next month on Arcadia, so stour head ( national trust) was a lovely place to walk around the lake and the trees were just starting to change colours, the house was shut due to repairs so we will return in a few weeks time .

1685594E-F145-40F7-A4C7-A50466D98A59.jpeg

9381E982-59CD-4C52-88DA-3B269072DF7E.jpeg

BD72C8A6-2AE7-44C7-B966-01F3A7CCC1FC.jpeg

AD96FEED-66E9-4609-A7C1-2BE0C9E7C12F.jpeg

B7C00EEE-99B4-4DC5-8167-ED6984BC1E26.jpeg

A7DF1E51-0A9F-43FE-BD9B-61799F70ACC7.jpeg

B5FA912B-40FC-42FC-BC2F-BBC5243C8A2B.jpeg

1ED6958E-C39C-4858-9A09-7EB7713D4672.jpeg

087EEE1C-24C2-48B3-9BBC-F0AB102A4FCF.jpeg

B8633C90-9619-43AC-AE55-D56FB02F9401.jpeg

C8895166-E69C-4829-B86F-9A571C8C8AEE.jpeg

C5406F96-38D2-4D3D-AB7B-797BA00AE46A.jpeg

4DAF4AD6-A912-4132-A9DE-996B2924E027.jpeg

• Like 14

14 hours ago, amajaa said:

Our mobile signal here is really bad as well but my Husband has activated the Wi-Fi calling on our phones so we get a good signal now. He told next door as well so their’s is good now as well. 

Thanks  - how do you do that ? Sounds fantastic.

57 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thanks  - how do you do that ? Sounds fantastic.

If you have a smart phone check the pull down settings feature, you should find the Wi-Fi calling icon on page 2, you just need to activate it and you might need to twin it to your Wi-Fi router, although I believe mine did it automatically.

• Like 1

Good morning everyone another full day of watching tv I think today a sad day 🥲 I think I’ll be staying in my pjs all day not had a good night after having the booster yesterday in fact the worst I ever felt from them with a very sore arm and shivers and temperature and stabbing pains all over and now the other half is feeling unwell so we’re both having lemsips so a chill day today I’m sure it’ll be all ok in a few more hours onward and upwards 🥴 .

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Went to bath today to see family and then on to bath racecourse to have a booster vacation walk- in one , lovely place and lovely helpers today, only because we’re still under 65 and can’t make a appointment but if you’re over 50 you can go anywhere and do a walk in , we don’t have any walk in ones here at the moment ( Bournemouth) our nearest one on line was Salisbury but since I was going to bath and Stour head today we tried our luck so now hopefully we’re a bit more protected for our cruise next month on Arcadia, so stour head ( national trust) was a lovely place to walk around the lake and the trees were just starting to change colours, the house was shut due to repairs so we will return in a few weeks time .

1685594E-F145-40F7-A4C7-A50466D98A59.jpeg

9381E982-59CD-4C52-88DA-3B269072DF7E.jpeg

BD72C8A6-2AE7-44C7-B966-01F3A7CCC1FC.jpeg

AD96FEED-66E9-4609-A7C1-2BE0C9E7C12F.jpeg

B7C00EEE-99B4-4DC5-8167-ED6984BC1E26.jpeg

A7DF1E51-0A9F-43FE-BD9B-61799F70ACC7.jpeg

B5FA912B-40FC-42FC-BC2F-BBC5243C8A2B.jpeg

1ED6958E-C39C-4858-9A09-7EB7713D4672.jpeg

087EEE1C-24C2-48B3-9BBC-F0AB102A4FCF.jpeg

B8633C90-9619-43AC-AE55-D56FB02F9401.jpeg

C8895166-E69C-4829-B86F-9A571C8C8AEE.jpeg

C5406F96-38D2-4D3D-AB7B-797BA00AE46A.jpeg

4DAF4AD6-A912-4132-A9DE-996B2924E027.jpeg

Beautiful photos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been awake since 5:10 courtesy of the amorous foxes in the back garden.  The good thing sbout being up so early is that the washing, ironing and cleaning are all done, the veg are prepared for tonight's  dinner the bread will be ready to come out of the machine in 40 minutes and the soup maker is ready to be switched on for lunch.

I can now relax and watch the build-up and the then the funeral.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have been awake since 5:10 courtesy of the amorous foxes in the back garden.  The good thing sbout being up so early is that the washing, ironing and cleaning are all done, the veg are prepared for tonight's  dinner the bread will be ready to come out of the machine in 40 minutes and the soup maker is ready to be switched on for lunch.

I can now relax and watch the build-up and the then the funeral.

I am in awe of everything you pack into a day Josy.  You don't ever seem to sit still ☺️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

If you have a smart phone check the pull down settings feature, you should find the Wi-Fi calling icon on page 2, you just need to activate it and you might need to twin it to your Wi-Fi router, although I believe mine did it automatically.

Thanks John. Had a look,  but can't find anything like that on mine. 

I looked round, thought it's all quite tidy.  I can't just watch tv so have embroidery and a jigsaw ready.

A lovely thing has happened.   My daughter and Son in Law knew us "oldies" ie us and the other inlaws would be glued to TV today so they  just to delivered a beautiful box and a red rose, and inside are smoked salmon sandwiches, etc, home made scones and all the trimmings,  cakes, a small prosecco and a beer.  I didn't shed a tear but wasn't far off.  No wonder I love them to bits.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone another full day of watching tv I think today a sad day 🥲 I think I’ll be staying in my pjs all day not had a good night after having the booster yesterday in fact the worst I ever felt from them with a very sore arm and shivers and temperature and stabbing pains all over and now the other half is feeling unwell so we’re both having lemsips so a chill day today I’m sure it’ll be all ok in a few more hours onward and upwards 🥴 .

Hi Sandra,

I hope you are feeling better soon, we have also had our latest boosters so we should all be good for Arcadia next month, just over four weeks to go.

Our roll call is so quiet considering the short time left until we go.

A sad day today, am expecting quite a few tears.

Terri

• Thanks 1

Wet morning here, but rain good for my newly planted autumn & winter bedding, still some bulbs to plant, may do that later.

Next door neighbours went away for a few days in their mobile home on Saturday, so keeping an eye on their place whilst they are away. Seems the couple a few doors down have also gone away in theirs mobile home as well. 

19 minutes ago, silkworms said:

Hi Sandra,

I hope you are feeling better soon, we have also had our latest boosters so we should all be good for Arcadia next month, just over four weeks to go.

Our roll call is so quiet considering the short time left until we go.

A sad day today, am expecting quite a few tears.

Terri

Thanks Terri , yes the roll call is very quiet but there’s not many off us on it so hopefully the cruise will be half empty 😁 wishful thinking, at least we’re be a bit more protected just in case but il still wear my face mask in certain areas and especially on the coach tours .