P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I think we should all go on a long cruise somewhere warm.

I hope everyone is well.

Cold here this morning.

Sounds like a great idea, when are we leaving & are we funding it by go fund me or cash in the attic? Harry can have a penthouse suite to keep him extra safe. 😁

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

There could be it’s on the list of potential sites. 

https://friendsoftheearth.uk/climate/england-oil-and-gas-map-where-could-fracking-happen

Quite. I don’t think there’s general realisation yet of the wide area involved - particularly in the south - or the earthquake and other environmental damage risks. Or for that matter how many sites there would have to be, or how little impact on supplies and prices.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

image.thumb.jpeg.55edf921b6af57bf4258170e363895cb.jpeg

A man heard his friend had lost two wives in two years. He felt bad so he called to give his condolences. He asked "how'd your first wife die?" "She ate poison mushrooms." "What about you're second wife?" "She died of blunt trauma to the head." "Why would that have happened?''

"I smacked her with the frying pan when she wouldn't eat her mushrooms."

• Haha 15

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I think we should all go on a long cruise somewhere warm.

I hope everyone is well.

Cold here this morning.

Raining here and 13c. I won't be picking any rasberries to have with breakfast this morning that's for sure.

On the other hand, the lawn seed we put down yesterday will love it.

Avril

• Like 5

One of neighbours has given me her green tomatoes, have no saltanas, just mixed dried fruit ready for cake & mincemeat ( have loads) or dates & figs. So do I  A, use  any of those, B, get saltanas, or C throw them in the compost cos there’s jars left from last year? 

10 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

One of neighbours has given me her green tomatoes, have no saltanas, just mixed dried fruit ready for cake & mincemeat ( have loads) or dates & figs. So do I  A, use  any of those, B, get saltanas, or C throw them in the compost cos there’s jars left from last year? 

Here's a dilemma,is a fig classed as veggie friendly cos of the dead wasp inside a lot of them.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

One of neighbours has given me her green tomatoes,

If they are a decent size with no blemishes, wrap each one in brown paper and store in a cardboard box in a pantry or cupboard. Check weekly as they ripen. We do that and if any soften as they ripen I make them into a pasta sauce and freeze in 400g tubs.

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Caullkhead said:

See if you can find a decent recipe for fried green tomatoes, (like the film). We had them in Georgia (US) and they were tasty and different.  Would make a meal with eg cold meat or bacon rashers

• Like 1

Hi all,

I've been absent for a while as I was off on my travels again, firstly to Spain and then Leicestershire and the Cotswolds. Spain was a wee bit warmer... 😄

Kind of wish I was still in Spain with the utterly embarrassing situation of our government - whatever your politics are...

Lot of rain here this morning but just about dry now. Got a lot of household admin to catch up on.

• Like 14

42 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

See if you can find a decent recipe for fried green tomatoes, (like the film). We had them in Georgia (US) and they were tasty and different.  Would make a meal with eg cold meat or bacon rashers

Oddly I had just looked that up 👍

• Like 1