P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Well my plans for today are scuppered as it is pouring with rain and blowing a hooley. I had planned a long walk and a pub lunch but I would get drenched.

I’ve made a batch of cheese scones and opened a new jigsaw instead.

Just for information there is a shortage of cranberries this year as the harvest failed due to too hot and wet weather in the summer. Having tried several places here with no luck I put out the word to my family and the city dweller has managed to get several frozen bags of them. I usually use fresh but frozen will do nicely.

If you make your own cranberry sauce, start looking for them now. Apparently they are even in short supply in the USA for Thanksgiving.

• Like 4

Morning all. Started off cloudy but trying to brighten up now. Been into the Old Town to the Farmers Market and bought some nice pies, a big sausage roll for tomorrow's lunch and some bakery goods. Had a Pastel de Nata with my coffee when I got home but not a patch on the real thing. Off to footy this afternoon and then a quiet night in.

• Like 5

Just now, Britboys said:

Morning all. Started off cloudy but trying to brighten up now. Been into the Old Town to the Farmers Market and bought some nice pies, a big sausage roll for tomorrow's lunch and some bakery goods. Had a Pastel de Nata with my coffee when I got home but not a patch on the real thing. Off to footy this afternoon and then a quiet night in.

What footy is that?

A lovely sunny day here in Stoke.  I put the washing out before we went out to Bridgemere and it was dry when we got back.  I was surprised to see that they are already selling cut Christmas trees surely they will be completely bare by Christmas.

We went out there to go to Hobbycraft because I broke my last sewing machine needle last night altering some jeans for my niece's daughter,  I have bought some stronger ones meant for sewing heavier fabric ready for the next time she wants jeans altered.  DH bought a jigsaw in Hobbycraft so that is keeping him quiet at the moment.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

A lovely sunny day here in Stoke.  I put the washing out before we went out to Bridgemere and it was dry when we got back.  I was surprised to see that they are already selling cut Christmas trees surely they will be completely bare by Christmas.

We went out there to go to Hobbycraft because I broke my last sewing machine needle last night altering some jeans for my niece's daughter,  I have bought some stronger ones meant for sewing heavier fabric ready for the next time she wants jeans altered.  DH bought a jigsaw in Hobbycraft so that is keeping him quiet at the moment.

We're near Nantwich and it has been cloudy all day here, again. ☹️ Forecast is showing sunny here tomorrow, I hope that is right as it's been 3 dull cloudy days here.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We're near Nantwich and it has been cloudy all day here, again. ☹️ Forecast is showing sunny here tomorrow, I hope that is right as it's been 3 dull cloudy days here.

This is us at the moment but it is a cool 17° 20221112_150555.thumb.jpg.e3ce3a959dfd220eed2b1acba7f1874f.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We went to Bridgemere as well today. Love how they have refurbished the restaurants, much better. Still don't think they should allow dogs inside though. Some people not paying attention to what their dogs were up to, another couple were giving their dog various treats in the pet shop area to see which ones they preferred. Nice Christmas Shop this year 😁

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

We went to Bridgemere as well today. Love how they have refurbished the restaurants, much better. Still don't think they should allow dogs inside though. Some people not paying attention to what their dogs were up to, another couple were giving their dog various treats in the pet shop area to see which ones they preferred. Nice Christmas Shop this year 😁

It was a lovely morning to go out there apart from the road works in Lightwood and Trentham causing tail backs for those of us living in the south of the city.

OH likes to get an English Breakfast whenever we go to Bridgemere but I only have coffee.

We purchased some stocking fillers for our great-niece and great-nephews from the Christmas shop.

I think that dogs should be kept under close attention in shops.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Does everyone on here live close to us ?????

We were in Bridgemere the other week so visited Trentham Gardens today. Had a lovely 2 hours or so and did some much needed retail therapy.

Hubby still in shock 😉

Love Trentham Gardens, visit every week, tend to stay clear of weekends as it gets very busy. Start off with bacon butty in Cadwalladers then into the gardens for a nice walk. After its either the garden centre or shopping village.

• Like 1