P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

17 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Pretty horrible here in Lincs.  too - and very dark and gloomy as well.  Need the lights on - am I right in thinking that the LED bulbs use a lot less electricity?

https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/advice/lighting/

Read the link above to be  enlightened   😊💡🔦😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lindyloo22 said:

Woke up to another day of rain and wind suppose I am going to get soaked when I take the dog for his walk

It's still tipping it down here and has been for weeks, apart from the odd day or two. The water butts are full to the brim, the lawns are drowning, and even the pond is overflowing, but strangely enough we still have a hosepipe ban in place🥴

Avril

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Very wet, windy and cold here also but went to the Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market yesterday... and discovered that inside the Cathedral there was a rehearsal for last night's concert... really glorious... that really did put us in the right frame of mind for Christmas!

_DSC3446.thumb.jpeg.e62e839969a69afcb5176b22dd656f9a.jpeg

After what we've all collectively and personally come through... sometimes it's good to feel like the luckiest people on earth and just want to share a feeling of joy with everyone!

• Like 21

57 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Pretty horrible here in Lincs.  too - and very dark and gloomy as well.  Need the lights on - am I right in thinking that the LED bulbs use a lot less electricity?

I think so, at least I hope so as we have our lights on all day too. It makes the  house feel warm and cosy.

Avril

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

After what we've all collectively and personally come through... sometimes it's good to feel like the luckiest people on earth and just want to share a feeling of joy with everyone!

Lovely picture and lovely words.  Thank you 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Ditto…… Dorset will float away before too long!

Yes it will. Just came back from our walk didn’t get sun was shining walked on the beach had a coffee watched the paddle boarders it was lovely, first time this week not had to dry myself or the dog after a walk.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

went to the Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market yesterday... and discovered that inside the Cathedral there was a rehearsal for last night's concert... really glorious... that really did put us in the right frame of mind for Christmas!

We used to love visiting Winchester cathedral if we stay there overnight before our festive cruises .

It is truly a amazing building .

We did a cruise to Rouen and as we wandered around on a very cold day ,we went into their 

Cathedral and as we walked around a corner into one of their wings a choir started to sing 

"Oh Holy Night "  We just stood in amazement, spellbound by the beauty of it all .

We must have caught the choristers eye as he just gave us a welcoming smile and beckoned us to come into the area closer . A truly magical moment ,we will never forget.

As you say they are wonderful places to visit this time of year .

Take care everyone :classic_love:

• Like 17

It was raining heavily here in Bolton until half an hour ago. We have now got some blue sky but not expecting it to last more than a couple of hours as more rain forecasted for later. Next dry day is forecast for Friday which I hope is accurate as I am going into Manchester to meet former works colleagues for our pre-Christmas lunch. 12 years on and we still enjoy our get together.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, kalos said:

We used to love visiting Winchester cathedral if we stay there overnight before our festive cruises .

It is truly a amazing building .

We did a cruise to Rouen and as we wandered around on a very cold day ,we went into their 

Cathedral and as we walked around a corner into one of their wings a choir started to sing 

"Oh Holy Night "  We just stood in amazement, spellbound by the beauty of it all .

We must have caught the choristers eye as he just gave us a welcoming smile and beckoned us to come into the area closer . A truly magical moment ,we will never forget.

As you say they are wonderful places to visit this time of year .

Take care everyone :classic_love:

What a wonderful experience! Oh Holy Night is my favourite carol

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Very wet, windy and cold here also but went to the Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market yesterday... and discovered that inside the Cathedral there was a rehearsal for last night's concert... really glorious... that really did put us in the right frame of mind for Christmas!

_DSC3446.thumb.jpeg.e62e839969a69afcb5176b22dd656f9a.jpeg

Beautiful, thank you for sharing!

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 2

Monring all,

Been up to Truro first thing as my daughter had a dr's appointment just after 8am and gave my son a lift to work at the same time, as he works at the pharmacy attached to the practice. Coming home drove through torrential rain for few minutes then got blinded by the sun! It's another of those days, rain then sun then rain etc. The wind has also just picked up again in the last few minutes, at least I'm home now and where I will remain for the rest of the day.

Planning on making some mince pies later, but need to sort the freezer out first.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

A 3w led bulb is equivalent to a 45w tradition filament bulb so 15 times more efficient. The led bulb uses about 0.09p per hour to run or 1p runs it for 11 hours.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Baggage handlers are coming to get one of my cases today (I can't deal with them) and I'm trying to lighten the load for OH.  I offered to add his main case but he was stubborn and wanted to lug it about himself. (Men!)

The dreaded dress code thread rages on C*n**d site but I have never ever felt underdressed and I don't wear dresses or stunning ball gowns, although  I admire those that do .   I do floaty tops etc and extra makeup and bling. All the arguing on there could put new cruisers right off.

I'm here till Sunday/early Monday, but hope you will behave while I'm way or is that a lot to ask!  Have fun 🙃

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Baggage handlers are coming to get one of my cases today (I can't deal with them) and I'm trying to lighten the load for OH.  I offered to add his main case but he was stubborn and wanted to lug it about himself. (Men!)

The dreaded dress code thread rages on C*n**d site but I have never ever felt underdressed and I don't wear dresses or stunning ball gowns, although  I admire those that do .   I do floaty tops etc and extra makeup and bling. All the arguing on there could put new cruisers right off.

I'm here till Sunday/early Monday, but hope you will behave while I'm way or is that a lot to ask!  Have fun 🙃

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

The weather has changed it's mind here, we now have beautiful blue sky and no sign of clouds.  I wasn't bothered about the rain because I am waiting for a parcel to be delivered so I have managed to finish making the last of my Christmas cards.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

A 3w led bulb is equivalent to a 45w tradition filament bulb so 15 times more efficient. The led bulb uses about 0.09p per hour to run or 1p runs it for 11 hours.

That's brilliant info... need to replace two outside lights and was wondering how much they would cost to run... you've just answered the question! Thanks!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Now how can you tell us to behave ourselves, and then to have fun in the same sentence? We can't do both.😁😉

Have a fabulous cruise and I'm sure you will look beautiful whatever you wear.

Avril

• Like 4