P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Paulines best friend and her husband are in Starbucks all of the time and try all of the different coffees.

I just like an Americano coffee and at 99p most of the time McDonald's coffee is okay and convenient to get one going through the drive through.

I always have to have a black Americano because I have a milk allergy that makes me violently  sick so I'm not too familiar with all of the "fancy" coffees. 

I don't like regular tea either unless it is very weak  my sister says my idea of tea is to wave a teabag over the cup.  I always take a box  of my favourite fruit teas with me when we go away.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I always have to have a black Americano because I have a milk allergy that makes me violently  sick so I'm not too familiar with all of the "fancy" coffees. 

I don't like regular tea either unless it is very weak  my sister says my idea of tea is to wave a teabag over the cup.  I always take a box  of my favourite fruit teas with me when we go away.

I always ask for cream with my coffee in a restaurant or Starbucks.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't like regular tea either, but love Chrysanthemum or Jasmine tea. I am however a coffee fiend, the stronger the better, a little milk, no sugar. Lovely🤭

Avril

When I use a coffee machine on Royal Caribbean diamond lounge or at breakfast in a Premier Inn I put a double espresso then add a cappuccino to it and no sugar ever.

For tea I always have an Earl Grey.

I started a thread on Royal Caribbean a couple of years ago about all the varieties of tea bags on board.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

I like Earl Grey.I didn't realise until a couple of years ago that the main ingredient is Bergamot of which Calabria is a major source.We have Bergamot infused in a few dishes in our local restaurant.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't like regular tea either, but love Chrysanthemum or Jasmine tea. I am however a coffee fiend, the stronger the better, a little milk, no sugar. Lovely🤭

Avril

Ooo, I will have to try Chrysanthemum, I love Jasmine tea.  When I had to work in Shanghai I tried a lot of teas because in the hotel room there was a large wooden box containing dozens of different teas but Jasmine was one of my favourites.  If I didn't recognise the picture on the sachet I would take it into work with me and ask is of the Chinese colleagues what it was.

It is odd but I have a number of people who visit us who always like the different teas that I have but only buy regular tea so I carry a few fruit tea bags in my handbag.  What brand to you like Avril?  I buy the Pukka  brand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Well its saturday. Footbal and F1 day. Although has turned out expensive. Booked a MSC cruise for a week, end of March and a two week P&O from Malta Aug 24. Sandwiched inbetween is Arvia this Aug for two weeks. 

Bread and water for us for the next few years 🤣

Let me know how you get on with MSC as my sister and I have just booked a week in May on Virtuosa, sandwiched between Arvia in April and Ventura in July.

7 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm not sure about McD's coffee, I never go there since my niece's daughter decided that she prefers Starbucks so when she asks now that's where I take her.  Starbucks sell a Cookies and Cream Frappacino which she loves.

Like you I find sitting watching the sea very relaxing and could spend all day doing it and often just sit on the balcony staring out to sea when we are on a ship.

Have a good day 🚢

Not a fan of McDonald's coffee but it is drinkable. Of the chains I prefer Nero and can't stand Starbucks. Where possible I'll always try and find an independent coffee shop. I too love sitting watching the sea which is why a ship having a good Promenade is important to me.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Not a fan of McDonald's coffee but it is drinkable. Of the chains I prefer Nero and can't stand Starbucks. Where possible I'll always try and find an independent coffee shop. I too love sitting watching the sea which is why a ship having a good Promenade is important to me.

Agree about Starbucks  - I'd rather drink water !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Have you tried coffee with oat milk? I'm fine with ordinary milk but find oat milk a tasty alternative.

35 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Have you tried coffee with oat milk? I'm fine with ordinary milk but find oat milk a tasty alternative.

I have tried it but don't like the taste.

I am ok with black coffee.  I always drink espresso whenever I am in Europe.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I'm a coffe drinker too and surprised quite a few Italian's this week by drinking my espresso without sugar. I don't like ordinary tea, but will drink flavoured teas occasionally.

I don't take sugar in espresso either...

• Like 1

We arrived home late last night, so after a trip out to Tescos have had a lazy-ish day sorting out e-mails, post and my photos.

Here are some of the photo that I took.

The first is of the floor at the airport, the next is the from the water taxi/speed boat as we left the airport.

Next is of us deciding, which way is the the hotel? The next couple are taken from the front of the hotel. The red penguin is on the balcony outside the dining room and the last is the view from the front of the hotel. (I don't know why it's upside down🥴!)

20230227_162307.jpg

20230227_165138.jpg

20230227_171236.jpg

20230303_085036.jpg

20230228_094540.jpg

• Like 14

30 minutes ago, purplesea said:

And a few more (I've no idea why some of them are upside down🙄)

20230228_124150.jpg

20230228_112102 (1).jpg

20230228_122412.jpg

20230228_131022.jpg

20230301_202540.jpg

20230302_162559.jpg

20230302_175637.jpg

Definitely the most beautiful city I have been lucky enough to have visited. What this site does with photos is an ongoing mystery...

• Like 6

1 minute ago, lincslady said:

Lovely photos - is the next to last Burano?  We thought that very petty and interesting.

Yes, it is. We took the vaporettto to Murano and then took another to Burano before returning to the main island and walking back to our hotel, passing a chocolate shop en route.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

I'm a coffe drinker too and surprised quite a few Italian's this week by drinking my espresso without sugar. I don't like ordinary tea, but will drink flavoured teas occasionally.

I don't take sugar in any drinks, but I noticed in France, Spain and Italy that it is normal to add sugar in espresso.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

And a few more (I've no idea why some of them are upside down🙄)

20230228_124150.jpg

20230228_112102 (1).jpg

20230228_122412.jpg

20230228_131022.jpg

20230301_202540.jpg

20230302_162559.jpg

20230302_175637.jpg

A truly wonderful city, no matter how many times you visit there is always something new to see. We spent a week in Venice before boarding a ship for a 10 day cruise on Princess.  The ships in those days were allowed to sail down the Grand Canal and it is still one of my favourite sail aways.

• Like 6

Lovely pictures purplesea it’s one place I would love to visit, I watched a programme the other night about Venice and how they are trying to stop it getting damaged by the rising tides etc with their flood gates that are not working. Glad you enjoyed your holiday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1