P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

22 minutes ago, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

Hello Everone. Our last day here in (somewhat) sunny Jersey. Hotel has been excellent & staff very friendly/ helpfull. We are on an evening flight back to Lhw, so are taking a boat trip across the bags to the lighthouse shortly. I view that as a small cruise.

We have enjoyed the food in the local restaurant, have taken pics, but will not post as I think it gets boring. ........Peanut glad you also enjoyed your stay.Perhaps we have started a trend on going to same places, this happened earlier this year when we  had holiday in Madeira. Then a few others followed 😃

Think we have def started a trend!!! Our next holiday is a cruise with the grandchildren on Anthem of the Seas in August

Michelle

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Think we have def started a trend!!! Our next holiday is a cruise with the grandchildren on Anthem of the Seas in August

Michelle

They will love the dodgem cars on Anthem Michelle.

Wonderland restaurant is a must do at least once.

Hello……

Gosh, it is going to take me a while to catch up on all the posts from the last 7 days.

Am just back from my first cruise since Dec 2019.
I was on the Aurora going to Vigo, Lisbon, Oporto and Guernsey.

I’ll do a separate post in a day or so - but I did enjoy it.

@AndyMichelle have a great cruise.

Gill x

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

They will love the dodgem cars on Anthem Michelle.

Wonderland restaurant is a must do at least once.

We went to Wonderland on Harmony and loved it, not just the food but the whole experience. I have booked a three night dining package for us all so hopefully we will get to dine there

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Hello……

Gosh, it is going to take me a while to catch up on all the posts from the last 7 days.

Gill x

I'm pleased you had an enjoyable cruise Gill.

Graham x

• Like 3

Of no relevance to anything, but:

Tesco Finest British Pork Sausages 400G

INGREDIENTS: Pork (90%), Water, Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Salt, Acidity Regulator (Calcium Lactate), White Pepper, Sage, Stabilisers (Tetrasodium Diphosphate, Disodium Diphosphate), Coriander, Preservative (Sodium Metabisulphite), Nutmeg, Dextrose, Bamboo Fibre, Caramelised Sugar Syrup, Colour (Paprika Extract).

Finest?  Really?  Using bamboo as a cheap filler?

Ordered from the local butcher instead.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

INGREDIENTS: Pork (90%), Water, Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Salt, Acidity Regulator (Calcium Lactate), White Pepper, Sage, Stabilisers (Tetrasodium Diphosphate, Disodium Diphosphate), Coriander, Preservative (Sodium Metabisulphite), Nutmeg, Dextrose, Bamboo Fibre, Caramelised Sugar Syrup, Colour (Paprika Extract).

That's lots of pork. No good for Chi Chi....just the bamboo please.🐼

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

They do say there may be further tremors on the way. I’m not sure they would qualify.

Anything is better than nothing, so I'm told😉

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I'm glad I always read the list of ingredients before I buy anything.

Avril

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Anything is better than nothing, so I'm told😉

Avril

Are you still referring to the earth tremor last night or something else?

32 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

As they are 90% pork and bamboo fibre is the 15th of 17 ingredients, I don’t think there is enough bamboo fibre to fill very much. Possibly in the skins.
I have probably eaten them before and apart from developing black fur and white eyes, I don’t think it has done me any harm. 

• Haha 11

4 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Hello……

Gill x

Welcome back Gill x

Thank you. 

Andy & Michelle 

• Like 3

Hello……

Gill x

Glad to hear that you had a good cruise.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I wish someone had told me about them bamboo shoots in my Chinese takeaways I used

to eat 🤔

With so many vitamins and minerals packed into these sturdy shoots, it comes as no surprise that there are a number of health benefits to bamboo. With high levels of fiber and very few calories per serving, bamboo shoots are a great way to lower your levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol.

Is bamboo fibre in food safe?

Bamboo Fibre 500g (Sussex Wholefoods) | Healthy Supplies

Fibre can certainly aid with digestion, prevent constipation and ensure an overall healthy digestive system. Bamboo shoots are naturally low in carbohydrates. This makes bamboo fibre great for anyone following a keto or low carb diet, as well as those who may be looking to reduce their cholesterol.

To be honest I was more worried about what my shitake mushrooms contained 🙃

To think I used to blame them vindaloo's 🤣
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

I wish someone had told me about them bamboo shoots in my Chinese takeaways I used

to eat 🤔

With so many vitamins and minerals packed into these sturdy shoots, it comes as no surprise that there are a number of health benefits to bamboo. With high levels of fiber and very few calories per serving, bamboo shoots are a great way to lower your levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol.

Is bamboo fibre in food safe?

Bamboo Fibre 500g (Sussex Wholefoods) | Healthy Supplies

Fibre can certainly aid with digestion, prevent constipation and ensure an overall healthy digestive system. Bamboo shoots are naturally low in carbohydrates. This makes bamboo fibre great for anyone following a keto or low carb diet, as well as those who may be looking to reduce their cholesterol.

To be honest I was more worried about what my shitake mushrooms contained 🙃

To think I used to blame them vindaloo's 🤣

Bamboo clothing is also very comfortable, I have been wearing bamboo socks and underpants for years, bet you wanted to know that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Bamboo fibre is popping up everywhere, it seems:

https://uk.openfoodfacts.org/ingredient/en:bamboo-fibre

And then you get health warnings about its use in materials that come into contact with food:

https://www.food.gov.uk/news-alerts/consultations/call-for-evidence-plastic-food-contact-materials-containing-bamboo-and-similar-plant-based-material-as-additives

An increasing number of scientific reports on the harm done by ultra processed foods, and I’m more and more coming round to the view that if your grandmother wouldn’t recognise an ingredient as food, it’s best avoided!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh bless you Jane, thank you. 

It's been a long time coming, It's taken us a while to get the confidence back to go out much, let alone cruise. 

We are so looking forward to it. 

Andy & Michelle xx

Hello……

Gill x

It makes me happy to read that we are finally fledging the nest .

It's a great feeling ,when you think what we all have all been through 🙂

• Like 15

10 hours ago, pete14 said:

Sadly not for me ☹️

Apparently I was snoring on the settee and missed it too.

I remember the days when we used to have loads of earth tremors linked to the coal mines and tunnels below this area. Today it is big news - then it was just everyone going to their front door shouting "Did YOU feel that?". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Today it is big news - then it was just everyone going to their front door shouting "Did YOU feel that?". 

It was at that moment a ladies voice came from behind the coal bunker and  said .."Not Yet !" 😉

• Haha 11

I have started reading the ingredients very carefully now on food which is semi-prepared, which I confess to indulging now that I am on my own.  The Indian dishes I enjoy contain nothing which would not be in your fridge or larder, but -  sliced bread contains emulsifiers!  Apparently  a real no-no.  A problem, unless you make your own, which we did for a few years.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

It was at that moment a ladies voice came from behind the coal bunker and  said .."Not Yet !" 😉

You've made me laugh so much Kalos. Needed it this week. Thanks from me -- and am guessing all of us. 

PS Can you tell us the cruises you are going on so we can all book them and share a table !!!!!

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, lincslady said:

And the best bit would be that he rest of us could just sit and enjoy our meal and the craic from kalos; I think he could keep us amused for a lot of dinners.

Kalos's good humour is an example to us all.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Bamboo clothing is also very comfortable, I have been wearing bamboo socks and underpants for years, bet you wanted to know that. 

Yeah,you're caning it now mate.

• Haha 7