P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Evening all. I’m gutted I didn’t watch the tennis now, sounds like I missed a good match, I can’t stand Djokovic so didn’t watch it when I heard he easily won the first set!

I spent the afternoon reading, sitting in the garden ( warm but windy!) and looking at holidays I can’t afford 😂

Have faith Sue, Alcaraz is the future 😉

Edited by Rupert2251
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Mr Google says the next violation he loses a serve, then a point then a game then the match.

Only going off what the commentators said, so who is right Mr Google or the tennis payers who have been playing since the year dot? Unless rules have changed recently.

9 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Only going off what the commentators said, so who is right Mr Google or the tennis payers who have been playing since the year dot? Unless rules have changed recently.

Who knows, however nearly all tennis seem to argue with the umpire about infringements, so maybe they don't know either!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Who knows, however nearly all tennis seem to argue with the umpire about infringements, so maybe they don't know either!!

Either way it was a cracking match and a well deserved winner😁

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Paddypuss said:

am I the only person who thinks tennis is watching  paint dry.

No. I used to enjoy it, now it's just who can scream the loudest, be the rudest and throw the best tantrum.

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Great match, loved to see Djokovic beaten.

For all you sports lovers, a good weekend  awaits, The Open, Ashes, F1 to name just three.

Enjoy !!!

It’s been busy sports wise for the last few weeks. I’ve got into the tennis this year more than before, I only normally get into it from the quarter finals onwards. My wife has been watching the Tour de France most afternoons on another tele, that will be my go to sport this week until Wednesday when the ashes start and the Open on Thursday. The trouble is when I get to November with the dark and cold weather I regret watching too much sport and not making the most of the warmer weather😩

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh dear, I've done it again.

Never mind if you keep doing it we will have to start calling you Brittney 😉

Morning to everyone ,  I was reading on one of the other threads on here about people

and their scones . Some cream then jam or tother way around🤔

Does this have any impact on taste ,which ever way you do it .

A bit like me with my bag of chips with my salt n vinegar , what goes first ??

I suppose with scones if you sandwich it by putting it's top on then you could just 

invert the thing to what makes you happy .

Pleased to say I am now in the cream on top camp after doing some research.

I watched a Prince video  called "Cream "  several times just to make sure .

Prince quite clearly says " cream on top " in his video , with some nice ladies 

but I couldn't see a scone , I think they must have ate them all.😋

Have a nice day guys 🙂

• Haha 16

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Never mind if you keep doing it we will have to start calling you Brittney 😉

Morning to everyone ,  I was reading on one of the other threads on here about people

and their scones . Some cream then jam or tother way around🤔

Does this have any impact on taste ,which ever way you do it .

A bit like me with my bag of chips with my salt n vinegar , what goes first ??

I suppose with scones if you sandwich it by putting it's top on then you could just 

invert the thing to what makes you happy .

Pleased to say I am now in the cream on top camp after doing some research.

I watched a Prince video  called "Cream "  several times just to make sure .

Prince quite clearly says " cream on top " in his video , with some nice ladies 

but I couldn't see a scone , I think they must have ate them all.😋

Have a nice day guys 🙂

We had a cream tea in Mousehole ( the place ) last week. The Lady in the tea rooms had owned it since 1897. She explained in great detail why the jam goes on first.  It sounded very scientific. All to do with absorption and viscosity and what hits the taste buds first. We tried it her way. Very nice too.🤣

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We had a cream tea in Mousehole ( the place ) last week. The Lady in the tea rooms had owned it since 1897. She explained in great detail why the jam goes on first.  It sounded very scientific. All to do with absorption and viscosity and what hits the taste buds first. We tried it her way. Very nice too.🤣

Crikey if she has owned it since 1897 she has certainly served enough cream teas to know the right way……🤣🤣🤣 

• Haha 16

Once again-

Posts that violate our guidelines are removed, along with any subsequent posts that may refer to a deleted post. Likewise, discussions of moderator actions on the boards is a Guidelines violation.

We will be answering any questions about moderation of this community via email, please write to community@cruisecritic.com.