P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

We have just come back from visiting our favourite teenagers to see if Santa had been good.  They have as usual had far too much for Christmas (probably  like most young people).  I couldn't  believe my eyes they were sitting on the floor playing Star Wars monopoly which we bought for them as a family Christmas present 4 years ago because they were all Star Wars fans. 

• Like 16

Wishing all my dear and much- valued friends on CC a very happy Christmas and New Year.

Best wishes to @Dorset cruise fan and @mercury7289 for a quick recovery from the dreaded infection.  I hope you all feel better soon.

To @Josy1953 and @P&O SUE. I pray your 2024 is peaceful, and your memories of loved ones bring you comfort.

Once again, I thank you all for your friendship.

Love and best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

We are having a great time today and hope you all are .
Glad all that Christmas shopping's now over .I hate going supermarket shopping

looking for gifts .The Mrs asked me how much should we spend on a bottle of wine ? 
I'm no expert but does half an hour sound reasonable ?🤔
Hope you got  all got the gifts you wanted,  I got my missus one of those  sports bras

that helps women play sports. Complete waste of money, she's still  rubbish at snooker.
Did I tell you I have a talent where I can see inside wrapped presents ... It's a gift.   
As a gift  I was sent a Travel Lodge advent calendar....

Still got all the chocolates in it as you can?t open the windows. 
Christmas memories ,looking back What to get dads for Christmas?

When we as kids begin to discuss what to get him  for Christmas. Some would say a 

shirt; others a pair of socks, and the argument would go on for days but always ended

with  a tie.🙃
Just had an amazing Christmas dinner of turkey and beef and yorkshire and all the trimmings.Followed by ice cream with crushed cookies and a chocolate yoghurt (low sugar) .

Mrs K has done us proud as always  .

That was a wonderful Christmas dinner ,  Afterwards Mrs  K said Leave the TV off and

lets play games instead but she said "I had to go into our kitchen and clear the table first ."
Regret to say I didn't make it over the table  and  now turkey ,sprouts and a few broken

plates are now strewn all over the floor .  Silly game if you ask me  !  😉

Hope your all having a great day .🙂

85f9644bdc567936dd684f7a6cefe1df.gif.e8421fc4bf2e65443706a55debccafde.gif

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 13

Hi everybody I wish you all a merry Christmas, as I'm not a regular poster but a frequent lurker 

today is the first christmas without my wife who passed away earlier this year ,off to my neices for christmas dinner shortly  my sister  will be there as well .

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pie Eater said:

Hi everybody I wish you all a merry Christmas, as I'm not a regular poster but a frequent lurker 

today is the first christmas without my wife who passed away earlier this year ,off to my neices for christmas dinner shortly  my sister  will be there as well .

Aw…. A difficult one for you.

Enjoy being with your nieces and sister.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pie Eater said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear wife.

I hope you have a lovely time at your niece's and seeing your dear sister too.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Pie Eater said:

It must be hard being the first Christmas without your wife.

I hope that you manage to have a good Christmas with your niece and sister.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, pete14 said:

Merry Christmas to all ‘virtual friends’ on here (and a couple of actual ones) wherever you are and especially to those who are not well. Loin of pork for dinner today and turkey tomorrow when we have at least the immediate family all together. I hope whatever you do and whoever you do it with, everybody has a wonderful time, even if it has to be slightly delayed. 
Cue loads of pictures of turkeys and the trimmings in a few hours time, but please, no Costa, MacDonalds, Greggs etc today.🎅🏼🥳

Lunch out for us. We had a break from all the faff this year, but still have more food than morrisons.

Zaps Christmas quiz. Which pic is the Britannia Glasshouse and which is Miller and Carter.20231225_151644.thumb.jpg.d41b76288029f49851b39939e759d170.jpg

20221005_185047.thumb.jpg.e4e8b643d00fdf705e2e7672c9ad2d8b.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pie Eater said:

And a merry Christmas to you too Pie Eater. Yes it will be painful for you today but I hope, between you all, some lovely memories will be shared as well. Best wishes. Jane xx 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Lunch out for us. We had a break from all the faff this year, but still have more food than morrisons.

Zaps Christmas quiz. Which pic is the Britannia Glasshouse and which is Miller and Carter.20231225_151644.thumb.jpg.d41b76288029f49851b39939e759d170.jpg

My considered opinion is that the Glasshouse is picture 2.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pete14 said:

My considered opinion is that the Glasshouse is picture 2.

Was it the carpet that gave it away ?  I  sure that the Glasshouse on Britannia had that carpet.  I could be wrong because I haven't been in Miller and Carter in years.

26 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Was it the carpet that gave it away ?  I  sure that the Glasshouse on Britannia had that carpet.  I could be wrong because I haven't been in Miller and Carter in years.

They do serve the garlic the other way up though so I am not sure. 

Good evening.

Pauline made us a wonderful Christmas lunch.

Sarah loved all of her birthday presents yesterday and all of her Christmas presents today.

She is staying overnight and Pauline has promised us a full English breakfast in the morning.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas Day.

IMG_20231225_141524.jpg

IMG_20231225_143449.jpg

IMG_20231225_155621.jpg

• Like 19

3 hours ago, Pie Eater said:

A difficult time for you. Have a lovely dinner with your sister and neices and best wishes for a peaceful 2024.

Avril

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Great quiz Zapp 🙂 I would say photo two is P&O,never been near a miller& carter 

but had that chip basket on the Ventura .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

One is Miller & Carter as looks very much like the meal I had there a few weeks ago, this No 2 must be The Glasshouse

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

Miller & Carter photo 1. The onion loaf gives it away!!

• Like 2