P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Hi all,  thank you  all for the kind messages I had a lovely  time at my niece's  her husband did  most of the cooking it was a lovely meal especially as I am a vegetarian.  we also had something  extra to

celebrate as her daughter  and partner announced  their engagement,   my late wife Valerie would have been over moon. 

Best wishes once again 

Joe

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Pauline made us a wonderful Christmas lunch.

Sarah loved all of her birthday presents yesterday and all of her Christmas presents today.

She is staying overnight and Pauline has promised us a full English breakfast in the morning.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas Day.

IMG_20231225_141524.jpg

IMG_20231225_143449.jpg

IMG_20231225_155621.jpg

Looks lovely Graham, I think I will book in at yours next year!!!

Hope you had a lovely day 

Michelle

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

793ad7f7cf92fafd0dbce79152c3b547.jpg.05836ac94099929caf4e689f403b06bf.jpg

A sunny 6.c here hope your all having a good day whatever your doing .

If it's going to the sales ,watching football, ripping your clothes off and running into the North sea  I hope it all goes well for you .

Today I look forward to the cold meats dinner, turkey, chips, beef and  various pickles .

It aint boxing day without them to me . The only thing missing is Judith Chalmers with 

"Wish You Were Here" on tv 🙂

Have a good day guys 😀

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Looks lovely Graham, I think I will book in at yours next year!!!

Hope you had a lovely day 

Michelle

Thank you Michelle.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas day.

Pauline is cooking our breakfast while we wait for Sarah to come downstairs.

• Like 3

Morning everyone and I hope you all had a lovely Christmas Day.

Clear skies and sunshine today, but bloomin' nippy out, we had a frost overnight.

Well, all over for another year, just clearing up and lazing about for me today.

The traditional bubble and squeak, pork pie, cold cuts and pickles, aka known as leftovers, for us. Luverly 😋

Have good day everyone wherever you are and whatever youre up to.🥂

Avril

• Like 11

Nice day here, albeit a bit parky which is much better than wet and mild for us. Fairly quiet day yesterday with a visit to friends in the afternoon. We went to Junction 32 this morning for breakfast and a mooch, we expected it to be fairly busy but that was not the case, even Costa was quiet. Perhaps folk have spent up? 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning everyone and I hope you all had a lovely Christmas Day.

Clear skies and sunshine today, but bloomin' nippy out, we had a frost overnight.

Well, all over for another year, just clearing up and lazing about for me today.

The traditional bubble and squeak, pork pie, cold cuts and pickles, aka known as leftovers, for us. Luverly 😋

Have good day everyone wherever you are and whatever youre up to.🥂

Avril

We were out yesterday . No Faff. All the faff has been saved up for today. Turkey, roast veg, roast potatoes, Christmas pud. Full panic mode. What happened to boxing day.🤔🤐

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We have had a nice so far, start per last Friday with a meal out with my son and his girlfriend, caught on their travels this year, with their trips to Japan, Northern Italy and Turkey. We entered the restaurant at 7, left. 10:30, excellent meal and company.

Christmas Eve we had visits from my daughter and other son & 2 grandchildren, a interesting 3 hours, especially when my daughter & daughter in law strayed in the world of teaching, both are Primary school teachers, and the pressure they both under in their jobs and the lack of respect their profession is getting. 

My grandson lost his first tooth last week and was eager to show me the gap!

We had a quiet evening, we watched Toy Story 4 without grandchildren present and we both enjoyed the film, followed by the Christmas edition of Beyond Paradise, which featured op one of our favourite groups Bellowhead at the end, we have seen them 3 times over the last 10 years.

Christmas Day, we had Roast Chicken, sprouts, parsnips & roast potatoes, the latter cooked in the air fryer with butter we reckoned the best roast potatoes we have ever had, washed down with an excellent German white wine, followed by the King’s broadcast and Christmas pud with Brandy Sauce.

We then sat down to watch A Haunting in Venice adapted from an Agatha Christie book, a very dark Poroit film. Then an evening of BBC programmes 2 well recorded the other Call the Midwife was watched live. Looking at terrestrial channels the BBC seem to have the best options. 

Boxing Day a quite visit to the sales…..online and then lunch, then to decide what to watch this evening. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Michelle.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas day.

Pauline is cooking our breakfast while we wait for Sarah to come downstairs.

We had a very different Christmas Day this year. Usually we have a house full but this year it was just me, hubby and my mum and we went out. We are living in a bit of a building site at the moment, they are all back on 2 Jan to continue the renovation.

Michelle

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

We have had a nice so far, start per last Friday with a meal out with my son and his girlfriend, caught on their travels this year, with their trips to Japan, Northern Italy and Turkey. We entered the restaurant at 7, left. 10:30, excellent meal and company.

Christmas Eve we had visits from my daughter and other son & 2 grandchildren, a interesting 3 hours, especially when my daughter & daughter in law strayed in the world of teaching, both are Primary school teachers, and the pressure they both under in their jobs and the lack of respect their profession is getting. 

My grandson lost his first tooth last week and was eager to show me the gap!

We had a quiet evening, we watched Toy Story 4 without grandchildren present and we both enjoyed the film, followed by the Christmas edition of Beyond Paradise, which featured op one of our favourite groups Bellowhead at the end, we have seen them 3 times over the last 10 years.

Christmas Day, we had Roast Chicken, sprouts, parsnips & roast potatoes, the latter cooked in the air fryer with butter we reckoned the best roast potatoes we have ever had, washed down with an excellent German white wine, followed by the King’s broadcast and Christmas pud with Brandy Sauce.

We then sat down to watch A Haunting in Venice adapted from an Agatha Christie book, a very dark Poroit film. Then an evening of BBC programmes 2 well recorded the other Call the Midwife was watched live. Looking at terrestrial channels the BBC seem to have the best options. 

Boxing Day a quite visit to the sales…..online and then lunch, then to decide what to watch this evening. 

We forgot to record the Kings broadcast. Oh well ! It'll be on again next year.

Evening everyone,

Just had a read through the last couple of days posts, and hope those that are poorly are feeling better and on the road to recovery.

Glad to hear read that everyone has had a good Christmas. We've not been back long from Mum's were we spent yesterday and today. Yesterday there was just the three of us and it felt very quiet as there are normally more there, but today the number for lunch increased to ten and that is still short of our normal number.

• Like 7

Today is "eat leftovers" day for us.  We are having pea and ham soup for lunch to use up the left over ham, dinner will be turkey and salad to use up the last of the turkey and the salad vegetables. 

Tomorrow will be "start the diet" day.  I weighed myself this morning and have gained 2 lbs over the last 2 days which doesn't sound much but for someone who is short it shows.

Have a good day and don't spend too much in the sales, the money is better used on a cruise. 🙂

• Like 8

Morning all,

It's raining very heavily and very windy out, but still mild at 13c.

I was going to go out, as I need to buy a new watch and train tickets, but with think I will wait until tomorrow when the weather is forecast to be better. 

Hope everyone has a good day and stays safe.

• Like 8

Morning ,it's a damp 7.c but calm at the moment  with just a gentle breeze.

One of our neighbours is jetting off today and slipped away early last night 

as not to draw attention to themselves (which he told us ).

This morning Mrs K  looked on a certain media site  and there for anyone 

to see is a photo of him with pint in hand ,  wife and 2 kids at airport ..

Stating  "Whoo hoo were on our way "  

Home security at it's best 🤔

Any ways you all have a good day 🙂

• Haha 8