P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

39 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Unfortunately they are teenagers so don't qualify for the kids offer.  The best I can hope for is that they will choose from the 2 for £10.50 choices, though probably won't happen.

I know that feeling, the youngest boy is 11 and eats more than me so when we take all three of them out it costs a fortune 

Michelle

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Unfortunately they are teenagers so don't qualify for the kids offer.  The best I can hope for is that they will choose from the 2 for £10.50 choices, though probably won't happen.

Just give them only the 2 for £10:50 menus, provided it has something on it that you want. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Peanut006

Sorry to hear your Mum had to be re-admitted Michelle, but you know she is being well looked after. Try and relax a little over the weekend, I know that's easier said than done, but worrying won't help, it simply makes it harder to cope with the situation, as I found out for myself recently.

Please take care Michele and best wishes to your Mum for a speedy return home.

Avril

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2024 at 11:20 AM, Peanut006 said:

Good morning everyone, hope you are ok today. It is a dull but fairly mild day here, forecast a bit if rain later.

My mum came out of hospital about 9pm last night. We stayed overnight and I will def stay for the next few days. She is a bit fragile but hopefully will get stronger now she is at home, sleeping  better and 

@Peanut006

So sorry to hear this Michelle. Your mum really is in the best place and under observation. Avril's advice is good - all worrying does is stress you out and give you a headache. I hope all is well soon. Look after yourself. Love and hugs. Jane xx

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Well a month in Santa Cruz ending with the carnival - and that was crazy!

image.thumb.jpeg.8c14767d888c801e1f7e876fb1dfcf92.jpeg

I am no longer able to see Azura on a Friday because I am now in Puerto Cruz for a few weeks, and so another town and a different view, but still some nice warm weather.

Plus the carnival is here in town tomorrow, although that means I need to return the hire car tonight because the streets are closed all day.

image.thumb.jpeg.b9b3f0f1e06d06553839c4fa30c365ba.jpeg

Edited by 9265359
  • Like 14

It has been a pleasant day temperature reaching 14C, managed to cut back Princess of Wales Clematis close to the ground to alllow new growth to start and removed all the dead growth. Using new pruning saw I had a Christmas cut death branches from cotoneaster, neighbour has had dead logs for wood burner. Started ripping out lat autumn Ivy growth with a few to complete removal, neighbours gardener has offered to do it for me, might take up the offer as wood be a long job. 

Great to be back outside after being stuck inside for almost 2 weeks following my hospital incident. Under a Yellow Warning for rain tomorrow so might be a few days until I can repeat today’s gardening. 

• Like 7

@Eddie99

At a loose end tonight I was scrolling through the threads and came across yours about your recent Canaries cruise on Iona. I have just spent an enjoyable couple of hours reading your interesting and humourous posts. Thank you for taking the time  to entertain us. 

I'm still travelling with @Selbourne and have also enjoyed my travels with @mrsgoggins too.

Avril

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

It was a nice surprise!

I vaguely wondered if you were aboard, as people had noted you weren’t posting breakfast by the sea pics.  It was obviously meant to be, because we didn’t spend a lot of our time in the public areas of the ship

Love to Pauline

It’s a dull but dry day here so far.  We have the same forecast for heavy rain as the rest of the country, but fortunately the heaviest is due overnight.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Morning ,hope everyone's well 🙂

We have just come back from our local cemetery ,been to remove old wreaths/flowers

whilst the weather is reasonable .

It's 9.c and the sun came out for half hour ,which was nice .

Where the cemetery is ,it has open fields and a grassy embankment that we noted

had lots of snowdrops and various daffy's poking through the rough grass .

That can only mean one thing (apart from some one dumped them years ago ) ...

FB_IMG_1708162145431.jpg.601e1bfdb6d6a7361aa39a696504ad83.jpg

Have a good day and take care 😃🙂

• Haha 13

32 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning ,hope everyone's well 🙂

We have just come back from our local cemetery ,been to remove old wreaths/flowers

whilst the weather is reasonable .

It's 9.c and the sun came out for half hour ,which was nice .

Where the cemetery is ,it has open fields and a grassy embankment that we noted

had lots of snowdrops and various daffy's poking through the rough grass .

That can only mean one thing (apart from some one dumped them years ago ) ...

FB_IMG_1708162145431.jpg.601e1bfdb6d6a7361aa39a696504ad83.jpg

Have a good day and take care 😃🙂

Yes, I too got really excited yesterday when I noticed 2 miniature daffs had appeared at the bottom of the garden and a lone crocus in a pot. (Think the squirrels have eaten the rest!).

Is this the height of excitement now I'm retired???? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Ah, the mystery is solved. 😁

Avril

Graham doesn’t like to advertise that he’s away from home, so I couldn’t mention his name whilst we were on Iona

They had a leisurely drive home, so I had to wait till they were back and couldn’t even say the name in my *Epilogue* posts 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Graham doesn’t like to advertise that he’s away from home, so I couldn’t mention his name whilst we were on Iona

They had a leisurely drive home, so I had to wait till they were back and couldn’t even say the name in my *Epilogue* posts 🙂

I appreciated you not mentioning us by name until we got home.

We stayed in a hotel overnight on the way home so didn't get home till Sunday afternoon.

It was a lovely surprise when you said hello in Ripples where we had just eaten an ice cream afternoon tea.

IMG_20240122_132948.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I appreciated you not mentioning us by name until we got home.

We stayed in a hotel overnight on the way home so didn't get home till Sunday afternoon.

It was a lovely surprise when you said hello in Ripples where we had just eaten an ice cream afternoon tea.

IMG_20240122_132948.jpg

I was tempted by that last year. How would you rate it?

• Like 1