P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

55 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It maybe that like myself and many others she takes her rings off to do things where they may get caught on something and then forgets to put them back on for a quick photo.

I think that speculation about their marriage is no-one's business but their's.

I do agree Josy.

it just seems bizarre that this photo was rushed out seemingly to counter the huge amount of speculation last week and they do it in such a way as to add to the speculation 

• Like 2

So grey here today that a troop of Elephants could hide against the horizon. 

Currently 7˚C, The "Sun has got his hat on"... as well as his raincoat, scarf, gloves and is so camouflaged that it would be easier to spot those Elephants.

So... a warm and cosy day indoors today planning hols and outings!

Best Wishes,

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, gadabout60 said:

I do agree Josy.

it just seems bizarre that this photo was rushed out seemingly to counter the huge amount of speculation last week and they do it in such a way as to add to the speculation 

Yes, and it might be as simple as William not being a professional photographer has slightly 'doctored' something on his photo to make sure everyone is looking at their smiley best, and is just not very good at it.  Something that apparently lots of people do to put a good image on to 'social media'.  Whatever, sadly it now does need explanation which may well not be forthcoming.  Oh what a tangled web we weave .......  

• Like 10

38 minutes ago, gadabout60 said:

You can trust any picture any more unfortunately 

So very true!

This was a well-known P&O Ship which we took a pic. of in 2019...

DSC_2721.thumb.jpeg.fe92eb07d27b731fa13fd7379edd270e.jpeg

Manipulation is a matter of fact for virtually every photo published in the press... and it has been for decades. 

Trained as a magazine art editor in the early 1980s... I had a team of folk at big desks with photo negs, surgical scalpels and photo shellack. The did things like tidying up Princes Diana's hair when the photo had been taken on a windy day or removing a distracting background from around Boy George... later used the photo on the front cover of a popular magazine.

Leap forward almost half a century, and just look at the free-to-view internet press... there's hardly a pic that hasn't been enhanced, cropped, redefined, sharpened, had the colours altered and the dynamics changed. Pictures used for advertising... even more so.

There's nothing malicious in this... it's just to make things look their best. and remove and awkward things... perhaps the position of hands or awkward shadows.

And this is our original pic... all changed or "manipulated" in the time that it takes to read these couple of paragraphs... 

DSC_2720.thumb.jpg.87e3fb1f35d6453386be04db4d11b35a.jpg

• Like 13

Morning everyone, hope you are all well.

A nice mainly sunny day here, with temps into double figures. Will need to make the most of it as rain is forecast again for tomorrow.

Had visits from three of my daughter's yesterday bringing presents of chocolates, flowers and wine. 

Check in details became available yesterday for our Arvia cruise at Easter. We have a 3.30pm check in, so quite a bit of hanging around in the afternoon!

• Like 4

Morning  🎵 Just another manic Monday 🎵 doing nowt here today🙂

For all the folk who like rumours ,may I suggest Fleetwood Mack 😉

As for Kate and Wills ,if you play their wedding film in rewind he can be

seen taking the ring back off her finger ,then moonwalking out of the 

church but we all know he didn't do that or did he ??   🤔

Have a good day everyone ☺️

• Haha 15

My Anti virus software has been occasionally reporting a data breach since xmas and suggesting I pay for an upgrade. Now I think I know why.

I bought a North Face waterproof jacket last year and I received an email from them this morning. Their parent group had a data breach in December and potentially personal information such as name, address, phone number etc was stolen. However no passwords or bank/ credit card details were compromised and the only thing stored was I paid by credit card with no further details, the system has now been restored.

I supose paying for that upgrade is a good idea.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gadabout60 said:

You can trust any picture any more unfortunately 

Maybe Graham has been eating bangers and mash for years and has been photoshopping the delicious food!😂😂

The Cumberland sausage and mash at lunchtime on Iona was quite nice.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, lincslady said:

Oh dear, I spoke too soon.  Hope this can be sorted easily, but it is always difficult for the royals to refute or indeed admit anything without making things worse.

Which only proves that our late Queen was correct with her well known adage. Royal they may be, but they are entitled to their privacy. 

Avril

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Which only proves that our late Queen was correct with her well known adage. Royal they may be, but they are entitled to their privacy. 

Avril

TBH Avril, if they want privacy, does putting out photoshop images help?.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Maybe they thought that not publishing any photo this Mother's Day would give the awful gossip mongers more fodder. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. They need to be left alone.

Avril

• Like 18

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Maybe they thought that not publishing any photo this Mother's Day would give the awful gossip mongers more fodder. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. They need to be left alone.

Avril

I vote for leaving them all alone. Not for their privacy. I'm just bored with them all. You will note my Royalist fever.🤣

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Why ever not, if I could remember how to photo shop from the 3 month course I did, then I would happily improve some of my photos before releasing them on my family and being subject to unflattering comments about my photography skills. 

And following the furore this has caused I would not blame them if they chose never to provide any family photos in the future.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Why ever not, if I could remember how to photo shop from the 3 month course I did, then I would happily improve some of my photos before releasing them on my family and being subject to unflattering comments about my photography skills. 

And following the furore this has caused I would not blame them if they chose never to provide any family photos in the future.

I'd support that.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

My Anti virus software has been occasionally reporting a data breach since xmas and suggesting I pay for an upgrade. Now I think I know why.

I bought a North Face waterproof jacket last year and I received an email from them this morning. Their parent group had a data breach in December and potentially personal information such as name, address, phone number etc was stolen. However no passwords or bank/ credit card details were compromised and the only thing stored was I paid by credit card with no further details, the system has now been restored.

I supose paying for that upgrade is a good idea.

We would check very, very carefully.

We've had the same suggestion and after a little research removed the email from our system, removed all cookies and deleted all history. Why... we've not used that antivirus software for over 10 years and that was on computers that have long since gone to the IT-graveyard in the cyberspace.

There is currently a Microsoft windows defender security warning doing the rounds... it's a phishing scam used to gain to the a device.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Hi all,just arrived in Parma after a 6hr drive.We're in a HI Express just off the motorway.2 mile walk to town so no pics I'm afraid.Shame but we were here a few years ago and stayed closer and walked into town.Beautiful historic center.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

It maybe that like myself and many others she takes her rings off to do things where they may get caught on something and then forgets to put them back on for a quick photo.

I think that speculation about their marriage is no-one's business but their's.

Very true Josy,my mrs takes her ring off too when she cleans the bog and does the dishes.😉.

• Haha 5

It is, for many of us, not so much especially liking the Royal family, but more that the alternative could be someone like Trump,  And one or two of our recent Prime Ministers.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, lincslady said:

It is, for many of us, not so much especially liking the Royal family, but more that the alternative could be someone like Trump,  And one or two of our recent Prime Ministers.

Queen Donald. There's a challenge for photoshoppers.🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, twotravellersLondon said:

We would check very, very carefully.

We've had the same suggestion and after a little research removed the email from our system, removed all cookies and deleted all history. Why... we've not used that antivirus software for over 10 years and that was on computers that have long since gone to the IT-graveyard in the cyberspace.

There is currently a Microsoft windows defender security warning doing the rounds... it's a phishing scam used to gain to the a device.

The email is from North Face and I have no intention to email their help line. My anti virus software is current but I have not clicked any links. I will delete cookies and history.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, davecttr said:

The email is from North Face and I have no intention to email their help line. My anti virus software is current but I have not clicked any links. I will delete cookies and history.

I find a lot of help lines very rude, you should have heard the suggestion I got from the suppository help line.

• Haha 11