P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just now, yorkshirephil said:

I find a lot of help lines very rude, you should have heard the suggestion I got from the suppository help line.

If it was an Italian help line about Inuendo

Helplines????  Currently in a huge argument with LG about my broken 2 1/2 year washer dryer that cost nearly £1,000 due to its 5 year guarantee.  This is machine number four since November 2021 - this unit delivered May 2022!   Yes madam, it's due a repair, good can I have a clue?  No sorry ...  It's now a week and counting, although the latest conversation an hour ago gave mention of 29 March! Not going to happen said I, what happened to checking if the customer is available, after all that's Easter weekend.  No I'm told you get Monday, how about 15 April instead ......

9 hours ago, lincslady said:

Yes, and it might be as simple as William not being a professional photographer has slightly 'doctored' something on his photo to make sure everyone is looking at their smiley best, and is just not very good at it.  Something that apparently lots of people do to put a good image on to 'social media'.  Whatever, sadly it now does need explanation which may well not be forthcoming.  Oh what a tangled web we weave .......  

To be honest I couldn’t care less whether the photo was edited or not, I do it with mine on occasions, as do many people. She has said that she didn’t do a very good job of editing and apologised, so that should draw a line under it.

As for not where her wedding ring, she had been in hospital for a period and has been recovering, many people lose weight after hospital treatment, I remember my boss a few years when she returned to work after 4 months off, she said “before any speculation I am not currently wearing my wedding ring as it may need to be altered after I lost weight, I didn’t want to wear it in case I lost it”

That could quite easily apply to the Princess of Wales, but wouldn’t be newsworthy. 

• Like 12

Morning  6.c and a bit damp here too.

The other day one of our local farm tractors came down our road with 

the driver shouting it's the end of the world  ? 🤔

I think it was farmer Geddon  🙃

Hope you all have a great day -Take care 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

We don't know why it made us laugh so much, but it did...

25% off wines at Morrisons, time to stock up  Part of the order was;

4 bottles of Gary Barlows Organic White

substitution

4 bottles of Graham Nortons Sauvignon Blanc

It must have been like word association ie showbiz🤣

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6

Hi all,

A dull and breezy day here, although very mild for this time of year.

Yesterday next door had some work done on his house and it has been discovered that the ridge tiles need repointing, so that work is now being done and it sounds like we have elephants on the roof. I was feeling headachy when I got up and they are not helping!

Meeting a couple of friends for coffee this morning, but other than the normal chores nothing else planned. 

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 11

The rain stopped about an hour ago and the sky is slowly turning blue.

I just had a phone call from my sister, I rang her earlier and asked her to go round to her son in law's house and do a thorough search for her grand-daughter's school tie because she couldn't find it this morning and we had to leave without it or they would be late for school, she has found it behind the radiator in the bedroom, just about the only place I didn't think to look.  The girl has had to borrow one from the school office so hopefully she has learned to put everything where it was supposed to be.  I think that I will visit the school uniform shop this afternoon to see if I can purchase a spare to leave in my car.

• Like 6

@Josy1953 Hope you got the kids off to school ok and managed to find 

some bananas.If your looking for your post it's where you left it on the wrong thread 🤣

That reminds me .. If farmer A sells apples  and farmer B sells  bananas

Then what does farmer C  sell ??     

Answer is .... Tablets 🙃

• Haha 12

On 3/11/2024 at 12:00 PM, Adawn47 said:

Which only proves that our late Queen was correct with her well known adage. Royal they may be, but they are entitled to their privacy. 

Avril

Yes “never explain, never complain”.

• Like 3

Hello all, absolutely horrible here, chucking it down! I was going to walk down to my local shops and get a birthday card and my prescription is ready at the chemist. It’s only about a 7 minute walk but I will get drenched! When John gets home we’re intending on going to B&Q to get some matchpots so I’m going to get him to stop at the shops on the way! 

• Like 7

I just hope there is someone senior on their staff who can suggest the right move to make to undo the harm this has done, as the P of W has become pretty popular with a lot of the British public for seeming to be a good mother who has concentrated on work for which she is admired, as well as being nice to look at and good with people - especially children.  Up to now she has been a definite asset to the family, but that reputation has taken a real nosedive, sadly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Up to now she has been a definite asset to the family, but that reputation has taken a real nosedive, sadly.

Not really, just the daily rags making plenty of coin out of a mountain /mole hill

situation . Just a different way of life for this generation . 

We take photos and think "Nah take it again " These days they have TV Ads that 

show you deleting folk in background / turning heads etc with certain phones.

99% sure she never gave it a thought when she tidied it up in her mind .

Lets all be honest ,when we saw the photo none of us thought hold on that 

is not an original photo ? Todays news tomorrows history .

Suppose Wills will learn to retake photos in future if Kate disapproves the photo.

• Like 12

38 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

and never mislead! 

What on earth is misleading about photo editing a family photo, to try and improve the image. There is now a phone camera that uses its onboard photo editing features to advertise its benefits over others.

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I just hope there is someone senior on their staff who can suggest the right move to make to undo the harm this has done, as the P of W has become pretty popular with a lot of the British public for seeming to be a good mother who has concentrated on work for which she is admired, as well as being nice to look at and good with people - especially children.  Up to now she has been a definite asset to the family, but that reputation has taken a real nosedive, sadly.

I take 25% of what I read in the media with a very large spoonful of salt.😏........

and the remaining 75% with a truck load😉

Avril

• Like 11

Just now, Adawn47 said:

I take 25% of what I read in the media with a very large spoonful of salt.😏........

and the remaining 75% with a truck load😉

Avril

Your household needs to cut down 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

19 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

What on earth is misleading about photo editing a family photo, to try and improve the image. There is now a phone camera that uses its onboard photo editing features to advertise its benefits over others.

Proverbial storm in a tea-cup! 

Sorry this photo has been manipulated... we plead guilty as charged yer Anti-Social-Mediahship! 😇🤓

image.thumb.jpeg.bc73870ef13d43c3d44689fc7b44be6f.jpeg

• Haha 9

8 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Proverbial storm in a tea-cup! 

Sorry this photo has been manipulated... we plead guilty as charged yer Anti-Social-Mediahship! 😇🤓

image.thumb.jpeg.bc73870ef13d43c3d44689fc7b44be6f.jpeg

Indeed, but I do have to ask if everyone would be being so sympathetic and outraged at the coverage if the young lady who lives across the Pond had been the one to have committed this faux pas ... 

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 3