P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Morning!

Well, it’s bright but it’s not terribly warm and it’s actually quite nippy when the wind blows - which it does

A great weekend for sport, I think, with nearly everyone catered.  Cricket fans have to wait till later in the week for the first test but we have footie, tennis, rugby and the Silverstone GP

No news here.  All good.  I get to remove my leg covering tonight … will be interesting to see what’s happened.  I seriously haven’t felt a thing, either during the procedure or since

The was international cricket today England Women beat New Zealand women in the first of the T20 Internationals.

• Like 2

Ha! So much sports overload I didn’t even check the cricket schedule. Well done them.  Good that they were able to complete between the showers.  Maybe they had a dry day

I think today is likely to be much the same as yesterday, with a little less football-induced boredom, frustration, anxiety and relief than yesterday.  It’s quite calming when the opposition miss the very first one.  Sort-of built in wriggle room

Have a lovely day everyone 

• Like 6

Plenty of sport for everyone .Drag racing is my favorite sport.

I'm just so amazed at how fast they can run in them high heels. 🙃

A pleasant morning here but rain expected later today .

Whatever your plans ,have a good day .🙂

• Haha 10

Morning to you all.

Had a pleasant, surprise visit from my youngest daughter yesterday, as she's living Sailsbury. I haven't seen her since February.

A nice bright sunny day, so far, but showers are forecast. Temp wise it is only 12c, I am sure we are still in winter!

Have a good Sunday and enjoy the sport, those of you are interested.

• Like 8

Happy Sunday Everyone

No more stress until Wednesday - marvellous! Great penalties boys and Bukayo Saka was superb.

@Adawn47 Thanks for the RS1 recommendation Avril. It's so much more comfortable than the arm cuff - aand despite the football my numbers are good.

Just had a notice on my phone to say expect thunderstorms late morning so although it's quite sunny at the moment it's obviously going to change later.

So Silverstone today. Let's hope our 123 starting grid ends up being the final result too. 

Have a great day everyone. Jane xx

• Like 12

35 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thanks for the RS1 recommendation Avril. It's so much more comfortable than the arm cuff - aand despite the football my numbers are good.

You're welcome Jane and I'm pleased it works well for you. I'm always wary about recommending anything because what suits one doesn't suit all.

Being able to sit comfortably when taking your BP can make all the difference to the numbers. Unfortunately mine haven't been so good recently😕

Avril

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

You're welcome Jane and I'm pleased it works well for you. I'm always wary about recommending anything because what suits one doesn't suit all.

Being able to sit comfortably when taking your BP can make all the difference to the numbers. Unfortunately mine haven't been so good recently😕

Avril

Sorry to hear your BP hasn't been to good recently Avril.

Does your doctor think an increase in your Med's might help?.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Great day of sport yesterday, shame about our top seeds at Wimbledon but they put in a shift and make us proud. I was surprised how many brits were still in the various categories. Well done the three Lions another knicker gripping game.

The Grand Prix to look forward to this afternoon with three Brits up front and Max in the ideal position to cause mayhem along with the typical British summer weather.

We were woken up by several alarms going off in the silly hours and found that the power was off down our road and a fleet of national grid vans were dealing with whatever the problem was at our close neighbours. 

We have had a big shower just after getting back from our morning walk, forecast looks a bit meh. 

Have a good day all. As an added bonus today is world chocolate day.

Edited by yorkshirephil
  • Like 9

On 7/1/2024 at 11:52 AM, lincslady said:

I would love to see three Brits on the podium at Silverstone; preferably Lando, then George, then Lewis.  Not likely to happen of course.

You got your 1,2,3 - not quite in your preferred order but still, how good is that!

I don't really mind which if them wins but after last week would love it to be Lando.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear your BP hasn't been to good recently Avril.

Does your doctor think an increase in your Med's might help?.

It doesn't have anything to do with the meds Graham, it's me. I'm so low at the moment and not sleeping very well.😕 Once, or if, summer arrives and I can spend more time in the garden I'll be fine. I'm loathe to increase my BP meds just for a  quick fix. This happens sometimes and always corrects itself eventually, I just have to be careful.🙂

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2024 at 9:05 PM, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Quiet here.

We took our Sarah out for a lovely meal at our favourite Italian restaurant in Newcastle.

IMG_20240703_180454.jpg

IMG_20240703_180459.jpg

IMG_20240703_180507.jpg

IMG_20240703_182533.jpg

IMG_20240703_182539.jpg

IMG_20240703_182545.jpg

That looks delicious Graham. What did everyone else have? 😉

• Haha 11

33 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Great day of sport yesterday, shame about our top seeds at Wimbledon but they put in a shift and make us proud. I was surprised how many brits were still in the various categories. Well done the three Lions another knicker gripping game.

The Grand Prix to look forward to this afternoon with three Brits up front and Max in the ideal position to cause mayhem along with the typical British summer weather.

We were woken up by several alarms going off in the silly hours and found that the power was off down our road and a fleet of national grid vans were dealing with whatever the problem was at our close neighbours. 

We have had a big shower just after getting back from our morning walk, forecast looks a bit meh. 

Have a good day all. As an added bonus today is world chocolate day.

Oh no Phil,chocolate is the last thing I need after the 1 week glutton fest in Bulgaria and 2 Premier Inn unlimited brekkies this weekend ☺️.Perfect yesterday,qualy finishing at 4 and footie starting at 5.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, brian1 said:

Beefeater menus are a lot more sparce than they used to be.The inhouse PI Thyme and bar menu is sparce and pants.

Next time we go to that Cornwall we will stay in the holiday inn express and pop across to Miller & Carter for dinner. PI's are OK, but only if there is somewhere decent to eat.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Next time we go to that Cornwall we will stay in the holiday inn express and pop across to Miller & Carter for dinner. PI's are OK, but only if there is somewhere decent to eat.

We find that regardless of which hotel chain we stay at ,the breakfasts are ok 

but the evening meals are often ridiculously overpriced and badly microwaved

by someone who should never have been let near such a complex machine.

We now eat out at night regardless of if we are using our two local airports or

staying in Southampton . The latter has a nice chippy eat in and a garage at 

cheap fuel prices . The last fish meal I had in a Southampton hotel chain was 

not very good and that is being generous in my description of it .

Weird thing is years ago these hotels did good meals. So your not alone when 

looking elsewhere.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

It doesn't have anything to do with the meds Graham, it's me. I'm so low at the moment and not sleeping very well.😕 Once, or if, summer arrives and I can spend more time in the garden I'll be fine. I'm loathe to increase my BP meds just for a  quick fix. This happens sometimes and always corrects itself eventually, I just have to be careful.🙂

Avril

I am sorry to hear you are feeling low at the moment but I understand you don't want to increase your meds unnecessarily.

Hopefully chatting on here helps you and maybe a cruise would really help you and Frank.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

That looks delicious Graham. What did everyone else have? 😉

I could probably have eaten it all Damian but we each had a starter and main.😋

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I am sorry to hear you are feeling low at the moment but I understand you don't want to increase your meds unnecessarily.

Hopefully chatting on here helps you and maybe a cruise would really help you and Frank.

Chatting on here does help Graham, although at the moment I'm doing more reading and reacting than chatting. ☺️

Avril

• Like 9