P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We went out for lunch today.

Scampi and chips.

I had beans Pauline had garden peas.

IMG_20240814_122812.jpg

Looks tasty Graham.   These boards are very quiet just now -  maybe lots of people are away on holiday?   I was wondering about a couple of posters we haven’t heard from for a while - Beckett for one.  I think she was undergoing tests so I hope all is well with her and twotravellersLondon has been missing for ages too.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Looks tasty Graham.   These boards are very quiet just now -  maybe lots of people are away on holiday?   I was wondering about a couple of posters we haven’t heard from for a while - Beckett for one.  I think she was undergoing tests so I hope all is well with her and twotravellersLondon has been missing for ages too.  

I hope Jane @Beckett is okay too.

I tagged her last week as well.

Hopefully she is on a lovely cruise.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, zap99 said:
7 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

A bit dull this morning but pleasant for a walk with the dog.  I don't know what time they are planning to come round to collect him but the house is going to feel strange without him but I won't  have to get the vacuum out more than once a day. 

I have an appointment at the doctors this morning for an "over 70s health check" which I have never had before so I'm not sure what to expect.

Loose weight, eat more fruit and vegetables.  Don't eat processed meat and keep your meat consumption down to 4oz a week. Less of that..more of this and if you enjoy something you can jolly well knock that on the head. That saved you a trip..Oh ,and stay out of the sun.

At one I was asked if I could walk 50 yards without being breathless. I explained as I am disabled I couldn't even walk 50 yards and the reply was something like  "Do you think you would if you could" (walk that is!)  or something as stupid

Another time  she asked me about alcohol and I explained I probably only drank half a bottle of wine a week,   perhaps a bit more sometimes if dining out   .As I left she said "please cut down on the alcohol"  If I remember rightly I shut the door quietly and resisted the urge to slam it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

The dog has gone home.

I had my blood removed but when I got home I had another message from the doctor to call to arrange a liver function test so another trip to the germ ridden waiting room is on my calendar for 2 weeks today.

It is like an OAP's nosey social club, one old gent asked me why I was there so I told him that I didn't know so he said "Oh you are one of those who thinks that they are healthy". 

I lost the will to live at that point.

• Haha 10

13 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The dog has gone home.

I had my blood removed but when I got home I had another message from the doctor to call to arrange a liver function test so another trip to the germ ridden waiting room is on my calendar for 2 weeks today.

It is like an OAP's nosey social club, one old gent asked me why I was there so I told him that I didn't know so he said "Oh you are one of those who thinks that they are healthy". 

Hope all goes well with the retest, my Mrs was sent back saying the potassium was showing high but next test was reading OK. They put it down to using her veins as a pin cushion .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

Hope all goes well with the retest, my Mrs was sent back saying the potassium was showing high but next test was reading OK. They put it down to using her veins as a pin cushion .

It isn't a retest, it a test that the nurse missed out, at least she owned up to having forgotten the liver function test. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

The dog has gone home.

I can't believe anyone would be so rude and insensitive to ask why you were at the doctor's.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, happy v said:

I can't believe anyone would be so rude and insensitive to ask why you were at the doctor's.

Loved Monty Python,"who's got the pox".

• Haha 5

Had a surreal afternoon here.  My neighbours are selling their house. Herald a knock on the door which my OH answers while I'm in the garden picking some veg for dinner.  He comes out to tell me two people who are prospective purchasers of next door have knocked on the door and he's invited them in for a cup of tea because they want to discuss the area, the house and local services.  I get a bit confused at this because sitting in my kitchen are two of my friends who've popped in with some cat food they've just bought for me but being the ever helpful neighbour I go into my house and find these two strangers seated in my lounge, the man on my recliner which he's raised and the lady perched on my sofa with her feet up on my mother's pouffe.  Meantime my friends and husband are seated round the dining table drinking their tea and eating cake while I am left to fend questions from these rather odd prospective neighbours.  Forty minutes later they've picked my brain on house building, road building, buses, shops, doctors, local children, who the surrounding neighbours are, doctors again and hospitals and even my relationship with my friends and near neighbours.  At which point the man lowered the recliner and said thank you for your time and herded the lady down my hallway to the front door.  Cue a lot of questions about my large conservatory style porch where I have wardrobes and storage baskets for coats, hats and shoes.  And then off they trotted. Strangely they never offered their names or anything about themselves save they had six grown up children.

I return to the kitchen none the wiser to what on earth has just occurred to find my husband and friends in fits of laughter.  I guess the joke must have been missed by me.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, happy v said:

It's OK for the doctor to ask, but some random bloke being nosey would get an appropriate response. I would tell him I had a highly contagious tropical disease.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Loved Monty Python,"who's got the pox".

I have just asked permission to tell you this true story .

Many years ago before Mrs K and I took up cruising we were on holiday on the 

mainland in Spain. She sometimes used to get cold sores in hot sunny weather

and needed some cream for her lips.

This was explained to the assistant in the chemist who was taking many orders

for the chemist to dispense, to the folk who were waiting for their meds.

After about 5 minutes the chemist came out of the rear of the shop and said ..

" CREAM FOR THE LADY WITH THE HERPES ":classic_blush:🤣

• Haha 12

19 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Had a surreal afternoon here.  My neighbours are selling their house. Herald a knock on the door which my OH answers while I'm in the garden picking some veg for dinner.  He comes out to tell me two people who are prospective purchasers of next door have knocked on the door and he's invited them in for a cup of tea because they want to discuss the area, the house and local services.  I get a bit confused at this because sitting in my kitchen are two of my friends who've popped in with some cat food they've just bought for me but being the ever helpful neighbour I go into my house and find these two strangers seated in my lounge, the man on my recliner which he's raised and the lady perched on my sofa with her feet up on my mother's pouffe.  Meantime my friends and husband are seated round the dining table drinking their tea and eating cake while I am left to fend questions from these rather odd prospective neighbours.  Forty minutes later they've picked my brain on house building, road building, buses, shops, doctors, local children, who the surrounding neighbours are, doctors again and hospitals and even my relationship with my friends and near neighbours.  At which point the man lowered the recliner and said thank you for your time and herded the lady down my hallway to the front door.  Cue a lot of questions about my large conservatory style porch where I have wardrobes and storage baskets for coats, hats and shoes.  And then off they trotted. Strangely they never offered their names or anything about themselves save they had six grown up children.

I return to the kitchen none the wiser to what on earth has just occurred to find my husband and friends in fits of laughter.  I guess the joke must have been missed by me.

Do they like pineapples? Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

18 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Did they ask for your PIN number. Did you tell them about the old plague cemetery.?. Our arrogant sales manager was buying a house in Littlehampton. Our droll production manager who lived in the area asked him where. He told him in glowing terms the posh greenfield area where they were building the new houses.....Ah ! We call it rubbish tip lane.🤣

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

I have just asked permission to tell you this true story .

Many years ago before Mrs K and I took up cruising we were on holiday on the 

mainland in Spain. She sometimes used to get cold sores in hot sunny weather

and needed some cream for her lips.

This was explained to the assistant in the chemist who was taking many orders

for the chemist to dispense, to the folk who were waiting for their meds.

After about 5 minutes the chemist came out of the rear of the shop and said ..

" CREAM FOR THE LADY WITH THE HERPES ":classic_blush:🤣

In France DW got a bite on her thigh which came up like a Balloon.  My French is poor. In the pharmacy...parlez vous Anglais?..non. Ah ! Regardez la derriere ou mai famme....creme ou gell.?. Gell sil house plais.  .what did you tell her?...don't worry about it.🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Megabear - are you sure it was not just an April fool type trick done by your husband and friends?  If not, let's hope they don't buy it.

I hope not too!  I wish I had said something off putting but I know the neighbours are really keen to sell because their first buyer pulled out and they're worried about losing their own new house.  I must be too kind for my own good!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, happy v said:

I think that it is because I am not one of the regulars, as I  said they were like a little club of people who all knew each other.  DH thinks that it was hilarious and told me that to avoid talking to people I should do as he does when he has to go for his monthly appointment, he takes a book with him.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, zap99 said:

It's OK for the doctor to ask, but some random bloke being nosey would get an appropriate response. I would tell him I had a highly contagious tropical disease.

Taken as good advice for my next appointment.🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Taken as good advice for my next appointment.🤣

Yep take a book with you 🙃 image.jpeg.3ae0b331a59a948e7cf9925a49053194.jpeg

Your opening line to nosey git could be...

Just got back from Africa and my husband was covered in blotches but 

they are going now but I've got them now.

Hubbie thinks scabies, I hope not cos they spread easy ,don't they ?😉

• Haha 4