P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

The fish & chips looks great 

Here’s one to add to the great cruise critic pea debate - chick peas!

Our fish meal from last night. Sea bass was the best I’ve ever had.  Direct from the bay, and huuuge - I had to cut one fillet in half and there was still plenty

It’s a Waitrose recipe if anyone fancies it - sea bass with chermoula dressed chick peas.  The kale should be tenderstem broccoli, but I didn’t have any

B210F29F-B775-4E24-81B5-17E76A941A89.jpeg.22a8553418eff328384ffd1e27a9d28c.jpeg

I love sea bass and bream.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Waju said:

Hey everyone have you noticed this thread is now 2,500 pages long!  That's amazing 😊

How many have been here since the start?

I've just looked, and my first post was March 21st 2020, number 23.

A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then.

Avril

• Like 3

Final bowling match this afternoon.  I'm not looking forward to it.  I was in their area on Monday morning so I parked on their carpark and went and took a look at the green, it was waterlogged so unless it has improved it is going to be a difficult game today.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

9°C and clear here.

I had a good night's sleep last night and feel okay now.

I was overheating a little yesterday and first thing this morning after the COVID and flu jab.

I hope everyone is well and have nice days planned for today.

Never heard from 

@Beckett Jane or

@AndyMichelle for a while so hopefully they are both well.

I'm glad you're feeling better today Graham.

@twotravellersLondon is another worry too.

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Been to our local GP surgery this morning as planned and the queue was all round the car park out into the road and up the next street, I was in the queue 25 minutes. It was my own GP who gave me the covid and flu vaccines and also offered me one for pneumonia, so have had three vaccines instead of the expected two.

Although the queue was long it was good to see so many people taking up the opportunity to be vaccinated.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

I think I was no 97,Roger beat me at no 88.Didn't realise he arrived on the scene so early.

Neither did I bro, but it definitely felt a long time.

A very long time😁

Sis

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Been to our local GP surgery this morning as planned and the queue was all round the car park out into the road and up the next street, I was in the queue 25 minutes. It was my own GP who gave me the covid and flu vaccines and also offered me one for pneumonia, so have had three vaccines instead of the expected two.

Although the queue was long it was good to see so many people taking up the opportunity to be vaccinated.

I had the opposite experience -  I was in and out of the church hall (hired by the GP surgery) in about 90 seconds. It was only the flu jab as decided to have the other one in 2 weeks time.  He did the jab, took my pulse and then prescribed a “celebration” sweetie on the way out. He also thanked me for coming. Was very impressed.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Avril.

I hope you and Frank are both well.

Frank's doing well thank you Graham. He's mowing the  lawns just now and hoping it will be the final cut until Spring. I've been in bed for a couple days with 'goodness knows what', but up and about now so it's all over and done with. 

Take care both of you.

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lovely bright and sunny afternoon here. Just had a look back and I joined this thread at 104 with a rant about supermarket checkouts. When I look back at my activity it says my first post was in Nov 2022 but my 104 post was in March 2020. Do they get deleted after a certain length of time? Just wondering because I have been a member and posting since 2015. 

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Final bowling match this afternoon.  I'm not looking forward to it.  I was in their area on Monday morning so I parked on their carpark and went and took a look at the green, it was waterlogged so unless it has improved it is going to be a difficult game today.

Have a good game to finish your season Josy image.jpeg.6a37cf206b367c8b901bfa9304e5d1c3.jpeg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Lovely bright and sunny afternoon here. Just had a look back and I joined this thread at 104 with a rant about supermarket checkouts. When I look back at my activity it says my first post was in Nov 2022 but my 104 post was in March 2020. Do they get deleted after a certain length of time? Just wondering because I have been a member and posting since 2015. 

Yes they do but I remember my very first post asking about a Thomson cruise 

and the lovely @kruzseeka put me on the right path for my first cruise ship.

@Adawn47 great to read that Frank is doing well and hope your bug you  picked up

soon goes for you ,so many nasties going around at the moment .

We are going for our Flu jab next week and the Covid  jab at a later date .We had 

both last year ,I was ok but Mrs K ended up with almost a day in bed ,just like Graham 

has done . So we will let our bodies fight the jabs one at a time this year ,even though

I was fine having both .

All -Take care 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Frank's doing well thank you Graham. He's mowing the  lawns just now and hoping it will be the final cut until Spring. I've been in bed for a couple days with 'goodness knows what', but up and about now so it's all over and done with. 

Take care both of you.

Avril

I'm pleased to hear Frank is well.

Sorry to hear you have been poorly Avril but good to hear you are up and about now.

Pauline is cutting our grass now which she enjoys doing.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm pleased to hear Frank is well.

Sorry to hear you have been poorly Avril but good to hear you are up and about now.

Pauline is cutting our grass now which she enjoys doing.

Frank's the same. We can't garden tike we used to, so we altered the garden to it make less hard work. Just mowing, weeding,pruning and clipping the hedge etc now. Still enjoyable and better than nothing. I do miss the fruit and vegetable garden though.

Avril

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I've just looked, and my first post was March 21st 2020, number 23.

A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then.

Avril

I first appeared at Page 29, 15 April, #722

And who was first to welcome me?  Avril! ❤️ 

It was a strange old time. Lost my Mum in February, thankfully the funeral was done & dusted in March before all the difficult regulations came in.

My first post mentions having the grumps with the site.  I can’t remember why.  Friends again now 🙂

• Like 3