P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I thought I would have a look at what the ships were up to this morning and it looks like 

it's a no go for IONA in Cadiz as I think due to winds in that area she has turned back out

to sea . Must be down to her size as Ventura has gone in and docked :classic_unsure:

Was looking forward to seeing them back in Southampton on YouTube but it looks like

the port authorities have put a stop to live stream of the ships and ferries :classic_sad:

Good while it lasted though .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I'm envious, please let us have a full review once you have it up and running.

Just one thought, will your TV  programmes run 2-3 minutes late, just like SkyGo does?

I'll certainly give my thoughts after a a couple of days. I am no expert on sound and do not have an all singing tv at the moment, so cannot compare the Glass tv with others of similar spec. It will certainly be better than I have, I hope !

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kalos said:

I thought I would have a look at what the ships were up to this morning and it looks like 

it's a no go for IONA in Cadiz as I think due to winds in that area she has turned back out

to sea . Must be down to her size as Ventura has gone in and docked :classic_unsure:

Was looking forward to seeing them back in Southampton on YouTube but it looks like

the port authorities have put a stop to live stream of the ships and ferries :classic_sad:

We docked at the concrete mainland pier at Skagway once on Coral Princess.The HA ship behind us had 3 goes at the more rickety meccano pier and gave up.I saw a video of one of those piers being wrecked by a ship.

• Like 2

Morning all.

It's a damp, dull and breezy day down here but not really cold at 16oC. Not doing anything exciting again today, just got work this afternoon and early evening, but it's so quiet it makes the shift seem endless!

Hope everyone has a good day, whatever they have planned. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning ,hope everyone is ok today:classic_smile: I hope Bob has many a happy hour with his new Sky Glass tv. We bought a new LG only last year and if the Sky tv had come out earlier I think I would have been looking at that one too.  Our latest purchase as been mobile phones which we bought outright . Mrs Kalos bought hers a few weeks ago ,it's a Galaxy A32 and seems a decent phone for the money.

I thought I would upgrade as well and make my old Nokia phone redundant which was tiny compared to the new phone . I have stuck to my old PAYG Text and Web plan and switched the data off ,so same as my old phone I have no charges . Hardest thing was having to take it up to Meadow-hell to let the O2 guys set it up for me . Isn't technology wonderful ? The phone has just let me know it's raining , which is spot on as it's bouncing off the windows at the moment .:classic_unsure: So It's another day indoors for me and whatever your up to ,have a nice day and stay safe everyone .:classic_smile::classic_love:

Morning. We seem to have similar tastes kalos, LG tv and Samsung phones. My phone's not quite as new as yours though, Galaxy Note 3, 🤯yes I know, but it's still going strong. I hope I've not just jinxed it🤞 We're lucky, in that we have our own built in IT system at home, it's called a 'Grandson', just a quick shout and everything's sorted.😁

The weather here today is terrible, dark, wet and miserable, dreich I think our Scottish friends would say. I'm cheering myself today up by starting to sort out Christmas, after all it's only 9 weeks away, sorry if I've upset anyone😉. I noticed last year that some lights and decorations needed replacing so I've been trawling through Amazon. 

On the bright side though, after Christmas comes a New Year and all the hope that brings for a much better 2022. We can only keep positively looking forward, and leave the past where it belongs. Oh dear, I'm at it again 🤐

Enjoy your day everyone and take care

Avril

• Like 8

A unseasonably warm morning at 18C, drizzly rain, but the tree surgeons hard at work nevertheless. The hawthorn & holly hedge at bottom of garden being trimmed back, that part of garden looks much lighter already, it had grown a little too high over last 5 years, so need a severe cut back.

The local pigeons will be confused as their canoodling hedge has been cut down somewhat and if they use it now will be sitting targets for the local Sparrowhawks. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

the current Cadiz weather is an easterly moderate breeze and a moderate sea from the east. I thought Cadiz would be well protected in that case. I see that Iona changed course as soon as she entered Spanish waters. Maybe she was refused entry due to certain circumstances.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well it’s a miserable day here today, doesn’t feel too cold just raining. Our dogs are definitely not keen on going out again after they got soaked on their morning walk. 
I have put the slow cooker on for tea and  I have just baked ground rice tarts. 
Going to order some food for Christmas from our local Booths this afternoon ad I left it too late last year and couldn’t get what I wanted.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe 

Michelle

• Like 3

18oC here too and overcast, has rained in the night but not now. Dachshunds were very pleased with my latest innovation. Yesterday pm the installers turned up out of the blue to fit the canopy to the side of the house. Dogs now have covered area for their ablutions. I know, I know soft as tripe but towelling 4 now 3 of them dry numerous times a day was not good with  bad back. 

Plus the brilliant Post Office fast track passport experience continues with an email received today saying has been printed and dispatched.

Plans for today are fluid by which I mean wine. This months wine box has arrived and i see no point in delaying past lunch when I have a nice filet steak ready to go. 

Em 

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm cheering myself today up by starting to sort out Christmas, after all it's only 9 weeks away, sorry if I've upset anyone😉. I noticed last year that some lights and decorations needed replacing so I've been trawling through Amazon. 

On the bright side though, after Christmas comes a New Year and all the hope that brings for a much better 2022. We can only keep positively looking forward, and leave the past where it belongs. Oh dear, I'm at it again 🤐

Avril

21 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Going to order some food for Christmas from our local Booths this afternoon ad I left it too late last year and couldn’t get what I wanted.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe 

Michelle

Yes it's that wonderful time of the year where Halloween is almost upon us and we will hear bangs and booms as Bon fire night draws even closer and then Christmas TV adverts ,which are already here for those who cannot wait :classic_unsure: 

A Very Christmas anyone ?

The time of year that just keeps on giving ,hopefully not lock downs this time :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning. We seem to have similar tastes kalos, LG tv and Samsung phones. My phone's not quite as new as yours though, Galaxy Note 3, 🤯yes I know, but it's still going strong. I hope I've not just jinxed it🤞 We're lucky, in that we have our own built in IT system at home, it's called a 'Grandson', just a quick shout and everything's sorted.😁

The weather here today is terrible, dark, wet and miserable, dreich I think our Scottish friends would say. I'm cheering myself today up by starting to sort out Christmas, after all it's only 9 weeks away, sorry if I've upset anyone😉. I noticed last year that some lights and decorations needed replacing so I've been trawling through Amazon. 

Avril

We started our Christmas cupboard yesterday. We need to be a bit careful so as we won't be accused of panic buying causing queues. So far licorice allsorts and a M&S Christmas pud. Only a chicken and nearly there.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

A unseasonably warm morning at 18C, drizzly rain, but the tree surgeons hard at work nevertheless. The hawthorn & holly hedge at bottom of garden being trimmed back, that part of garden looks much lighter already, it had grown a little too high over last 5 years, so need a severe cut back.

The local pigeons will be confused as their canoodling hedge has been cut down somewhat and if they use it now will be sitting targets for the local Sparrowhawks. 

We have been hit by the tree surgeon crisis . They can't even look until 30th October. There were 4 last time, this year there will probably only be tree fellas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We started our Christmas cupboard yesterday. We need to be a bit careful so as we won't be accused of panic buying causing queues. So far licorice allsorts and a M&S Christmas pud. Only a chicken and nearly there.🤣

I make my own Christmas cake, pud and mincemeat, courtesy of Delia Smith, so no problem there. I'm not even worried about the 'turkey problem'🙄 If I get one in my Asda pre-order, I get one, if not there's plenty of food in the freezer, we won't starve. However, Asda have their 25% discount on wine again, so I've a dozen bottles coming on Thursday😁

I've just remembered, I also ordered 2 boxes of Asda's extra special biscuits for cheese they tend to run out of them  early. They're lovely, our favourite😋

Andy must be busy🤞

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 4

It’s very warm here too.  Enjoy it - temperatures dropping at the weekend, apparently 

Pup has just had her delayed booster vac (she cried - poor baby) which is more than we have.  It’s 6 months since our second Covid but our hub doesn’t know when it will get supplies.  There’s plenty of folk older than me in the queue, too, so goodness knows when it will be our turn.  All that with cases rising and rising …

On a lighter note - this made me giggle

17F71E55-3C8A-4F98-98A1-2C3C8F40A6C7.thumb.jpeg.9104bc2fd499de1bfc861bdb527e8fac.jpeg

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

the current Cadiz weather is an easterly moderate breeze and a moderate sea from the east. I thought Cadiz would be well protected in that case. I see that Iona changed course as soon as she entered Spanish waters. Maybe she was refused entry due to certain circumstances.

Maybe all the isolation hotels are full😁

• Like 4

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Just had an update that the Ventura needed two tugs to assist getting into port due to winds at that time .

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, zap99 said:

IMG-20211001-WA0000.jpg

• Like 5

Starting the drive back tomorrow.A bit early but the BIL has been stressing with the builders due to his onset dementure.Thought we'd get back and see the job thru.Back in March for 45 days.Last meal tonight in restaurant before the drive to Orvieto.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Sunday lunch was the worse,2 hrs to chuck as many beers as possible down our necks.

When I was a teenager, we paced ourselves a bit. Couldn't rush Watneys red barrel, not at 1s8d a pint.🤔

• Haha 1