P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Disappointing for you Dermotsgirl, but I think you have made the correct decision. We have just returned from a long weekend at Warner’s Thoresby Hall also for a birthday celebration. We were in the minority as far as mask wearing and social distancing goes. It was because of this that we missed out on the entertainment - it was very crowded and we felt  rather nervous about joining in. We spent much our time enjoying the surrounding countryside. However, it was an enjoyable break.

Whatever  you do, I hope you have a good time and your husband has an happy birthday.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I’m a great believer that we all need to do what makes us feel comfortable at the moment. 

Enjoy your meals out and happy birthday to your husband.

Thank you, my husband is already eagerly deciding what he wants to eat! 

8 minutes ago, TangoYork said:

Disappointing for you Dermotsgirl, but I think you have made the correct decision. We have just returned from a long weekend at Warner’s Thoresby Hall also for a birthday celebration. We were in the minority as far as mask wearing and social distancing goes. It was because of this that we missed out on the entertainment - it was very crowded and we felt  rather nervous about joining in. We spent much our time enjoying the surrounding countryside. However, it was an enjoyable break.

Whatever  you do, I hope you have a good time and your husband has an happy birthday.

Yes, that was exactly what was on our mind, regarding the evening entertainment.  My only other foray into a crowded entertainment venue has been a trip to the theatre last month, which resulted in a 'ping' on my phone from the Covid app, and that was when Covid was less prevalent, so we did feel wary of the entertainment venue. 

I'm glad you enjoyed your break though. 

• Like 1

Hi all,arrived in Chiasso after a 6hr trip.Basically a restaurant with rooms above.Restaurant looks great.I remember last time we went to a restaurant over the road from our hotel in Swiss and it was divided into small dining rooms with about 4 tables.This couple ordered a proper fondue and it stunk the whole room out,lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We were booked to go to Warner's Cricket St Thomas next week for my husband's 70th birthday, but we have made the difficult decision to cancel, due to the state of the pandemic in Somerset, our waning immunity (we are just about at the 6 month mark) and the probability that many guests in the hotel won't bother with masks in the entertainment venue. We will get a full refund due to the booking conditions in force when we booked. 

We are very disappointed, but it just doesn't seem the right time to go to that location. Still, we'll go out for a few meals locally, so my husband should still enjoy his birthday.

We have been looking at Warner's. At the moment they seem intent on bringing in every penny they can. As Bourne Leisure has been sold to a private equity company for about £4.5bn, perhaps understandable. We will wait until common sense returns. Of to Torquay instead.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Thank you, my husband is already eagerly deciding what he wants to eat! 

Yes, that was exactly what was on our mind, regarding the evening entertainment.  My only other foray into a crowded entertainment venue has been a trip to the theatre last month, which resulted in a 'ping' on my phone from the Covid app, and that was when Covid was less prevalent, so we did feel wary of the entertainment venue. 

I'm glad you enjoyed your break though. 

I'm sure the right decision. If you don't feel comfortable with it, do something else. We were in Spain last week and everyone over 6 years old wore masks. No exceptions. They are not the be all and end all, but show that folk take things seriously.

• Like 2

It's been a cool day today first time I looked this morning we had 4.c but went out for a 

walk which was rather chilly with the biting wind .We have got up to a nice sunny 11.c 

and I'm glad to be back in the warmth of our house again .

The Daughter has rung up to give me an update of our Granddaughter regarding the 

covid and she was pleased to say she was testing negative this morning :classic_smile: but then

went on to say that she has herself now tested positive :classic_sad: but not feeling too bad .

Her and the hubby have only had one dose of the vaccine so far ,so lets hope that keeps 

it mild for her as well . The Grandson is ok and being going to school as normal , which 

to me was madness but the authorities said he must go . After a a good chat with her we

are pleased to hear he will not be going tomorrow . He could carry it into school or bring

the infection home . So their household is now back to square  one of isolation .

I haven't seen any of them close up for almost 2 years now , so I feel Harrys pain with his 

upcoming family wedding . This covid is far from done with us all yet so be careful guys 

and stay safe :classic_smile::classic_love:

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We were booked to go to Warner's Cricket St Thomas next week for my husband's 70th birthday, but we have made the difficult decision to cancel, due to the state of the pandemic in Somerset, our waning immunity (we are just about at the 6 month mark) and the probability that many guests in the hotel won't bother with masks in the entertainment venue. We will get a full refund due to the booking conditions in force when we booked. 

We are very disappointed, but it just doesn't seem the right time to go to that location. Still, we'll go out for a few meals locally, so my husband should still enjoy his birthday.

I can understand the disappointment, but as the saying goes better safe than sorry.

I am sure your husband will still have a good birthday.

Take care

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

It's been a cool day today first time I looked this morning we had 4.c but went out for a 

walk which was rather chilly with the biting wind .We have got up to a nice sunny 11.c 

The Daughter has rung up to give me an update of our Granddaughter regarding the 

covid and she was pleased to say she was testing negative this morning :classic_smile: but then

went on to say that she has herself now tested positive :classic_sad: but not feeling too bad .

Her and the hubby have only had one dose of the vaccine so far ,so lets hope that keeps 

it mild for her as well . The Grandson is ok and being going to school as normal , which 

to me was madness but the authorities said he must go . After a a good chat with her we

are pleased to hear he will not be going tomorrow . He could carry it into school or bring

the infection home . So their household is now back to square  one of isolation .

I haven't seen any of them close up for almost 2 years now , so I feel Harrys pain with his 

upcoming family wedding . This covid is far from done with us all yet so be careful guys 

Sorry to hear your daughter has tested positive with Covid, but hope she only has a mild dose. The rules regarding children going to school when someone in the family has tested positive are just plain madness!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, kalos said:

Sorry to hear your daughter has tested positive Kalos.

I hope she is well.

I got a cancellation Dermatologist appointment this morning.

He said I have a basal cell carcinoma on the side of my brow.

I have gone on the list but he said with Covid19 it could be 2-6 months before surgery.☹️

Graham.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope she is well.

I have gone on the list but he said with Covid19 it could be 2-6 months before surgery.☹️

Graham.

Cheers mate hope it doesn't get nasty and now you with your carcinoma on your brow :classic_sad:

Lets hope your waiting list is the sooner estimate Graham .

Take care and stay safe :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Cheers mate hope it doesn't get nasty and now you with your carcinoma on your brow :classic_sad:

Lets hope your waiting list is the sooner estimate Graham .

Take care and stay safe :classic_smile:

Thank you Kalos.

Todays appointment was originally for December 2nd and marked as routine by my doctor.

When I get an appointment for surgery I will keep checking for any cancellations.

Graham.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope she is well.

Graham.

Could your GP not do this for you at the surgery Graham now you have a definite diagnoses. It is a simple cut out (and then do a test the excised surrounding tissue).  Worth asking the GP.

Qualified Nurse practitioners do this type of procedure up here. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Welcome to the club Graham !

I had two removed pre-Covid  (seperate operations) . One on the side of my nose, one on my cheek.  

50 stitches in all. Didn't feel a thing, and I am as good looking as ever! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Could your GP not do this for you at the surgery Graham now you have a definite diagnoses. It is a simple cut out (and then do a test the excised surrounding tissue).  Worth asking the GP.

I was told it has to be done at hospital.

Graham.

6 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

My operations had to be done in an operating theatre with 5 staff present. No way an average GP is competent to do intricate facial surgery.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope she is well.

Graham.

Sorry to hear that news Graham. Hopefully the next appointment will come sooner than you think.

Gill x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Welcome to the club Graham !

I had two removed pre-Covid  (seperate operations) . One on the side of my nose, one on my cheek.  

50 stitches in all. Didn't feel a thing, and I am as good looking as ever! 

I think I remember you mentioning your op before Wowzz , do you now have follow ups to 

check there is no others that crop up ? 

and ... This good looking  malarky is it down to surgical skills or fine wine ? :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, wowzz said:

My operations had to be done in an operating theatre with 5 staff present. No way an average GP is competent to do intricate facial surgery.

For a Basel cell carcinoma? Really. Yours must have been pretty deep or cosmetically an issue then.

I sat in on a one.  Clearly it must have been very much less complex.

Edited by Eglesbrech
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

For Basel cell carcinoma? Really.

Without going into gory details,  for the one on my cheek, the surgeon cut snd peeled away the flesh, dug out the growth,  and then reattached my flesh. 26 stitches.

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Without going into gory details,  for the one on my cheek, the surgeon cut snd peeled away the flesh, dug out the growth,  and then reattached my flesh. 26 stitches.

So pretty complex then. I can see why that would require a full surgery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I hope she is well.

Graham.

Sorry to hear this Graham. Fingers crossed you get a cancellation soon. Jane. X

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1